Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    some fans are not happy that sam cody is in barbados too lol

edit: bit harsh
    23?!?! ‏@absoloutleigh 16h16 hours ago
    But wait leigh left Harvey At home why did she bring Sam coxy? Now that's not fair, bring all your pets or none.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fan brigade that hates Sam hasnt figured out that LM seems to like her and isnt including her in any frustrations about management.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I know this has been stated here in the past but whats exactly her role again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assistant Manager. I assume Annecka as the Manager handles the money stuff. Sam probably does most of the running around with the girls to each appointment and appearance.

This period before the album reminds me of the summer of 2012 where the girls went to nightclubs to boost their profile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #tbt. For your amusement. You have to read the threads in order.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1545668
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1550209
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1550627

The love for NuVibe escapes me since I thought they were completely tuneless.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    The funny part was the Persan who said they have not watch that year and put them 3rd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know if anyone put a bet down on them at the beginning. I recall Jade said her mother did as a show of support. It must have been a very Merry Christmas at Chez Thirlwall that year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day twelve – Twas the night before Christmas…

Twas the night before Christmas ... and our four favourite ladies have a special message for you all! Excited much?!

http://littlemixmas.little-mix.com/days/day-twelve/

I havent watched yet...I wont spoil it....
    Before you all go to the kitchen to get the knife to slit your wrists, look at their clothing. Compare it to their stylist's "video" prep day http://instagram.com/p/wd1jpZvCqC/ and they are conspicuously hiding their clothing. In other words while this isnt the video we'd hoped for, I think they shot this the same time. It wouldnt take racks of clothes to do this if you're just going to cover it up with heavy coats and Jade's parka. Plus the hair and makeup.
  • sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Woooow cant wait to see the reaction to that when everyone wakes up aha, what a let down didnt expect anything less haha
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, where is the announcement or special message?
  • piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to hate those exaggerated voices they put on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pirata wrote: »

I couldn't understand because the accents were all pretty awful, golden rule of thumb - don't attempt an accent for a prolonged time if you can't get it right/are intelligible while doing it and actually expect people to listen to you for more than a minute. I got irritated so I muted and waited to see if there was a message at the end. But nada.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, where is the announcement or special message?

While we wait for the comet, is there any chance they are double bluffing us and they'll have a surprise Xmas Day? I actually expected their countdown to end on the day. As in they can have VEVO upload something automatically so no worker has to spend their holiday at work doing LM stuff.

Comet strike in 3...2...1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While we wait for the comet, is there any chance they are double bluffing us and they'll have a surprise Xmas Day? I actually expected their countdown to end on the day. As in they can have VEVO upload something automatically so no worker has to spend their holiday at work doing LM stuff.

Comet strike in 3...2...1

Hahaha! I think they genuinely enjoyed that terrible reading of A Night Before Christmas and felt it really ended this 12 days slog with an unparalleled bang, bless them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Major! The natives are getting restless!"

OK but we can also surmise that something else was afoot that night, literally. Like I said before, their clothes are covered up, and all those shoes that the stylist IG'd about, well, notice their feet arent shown so it wasnt for the Night Before Mixmas. So although we still dont know what's going on, they are doing stuff out of sight.

However, management can take their biscotti and shove it up their yin yang for the mind fcuk.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pirata wrote: »
    Have been leaning that way for a little while now...... and watching Jesy in some of their "silly" videos, I wonder if she is also becoming tired of the childishness???
    "Major! The natives are getting restless!"
    .............However, management can take their biscotti and shove it up their yin yang for the mind fcuk.
    Yes we are - and yes they should.....^_^

Edit:- I meet a lot of youngsters in my profession and I have observed (my opinion) that todays young generation don't really seem to reach a "maturity" until around the mid twenties..... so perhaps we are stuck with this for another couple of years.....:(
    --- if they don't alienate everyone in the meantime...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    That was the last one?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    Have been leaning that way for a little while now...... and watching Jesy in some of their "silly" videos, I wonder if she is also becoming tired of the childishness???

Yes we are - and yes they should.....^_^

Edit:- I meet a lot of youngsters in my profession and I have observed (my opinion) that todays young generation don't really seem to reach a "maturity" until around the mid twenties..... so perhaps we are stuck with this for another couple of years.....:(
    --- if they don't alienate everyone in the meantime...

I wont excuse the last video, but my impression of the second carols one was that someone decided to make a lighthearted informal moment the end product whereas it would have been edited out normally. But I dont blame Jesy for hightailing it out of the country.

For all we know this pushing of their silly moments to keep them "young" may be one of the things irking the girls, similar to their infantilized styling on the XF. I'm sure they like their fun but its at odds with them wanting their albums more mature. Remember the label chose Little Me.

One of the things that attracted me to this group was that they are genuinely funny. I dont want them presented as idiots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I definitely don't ever want them to lose their sense of fun and become dour, ~~mature~~ artists who either never crack a smile and are pretentiously serious about their Art or resort to hypersexualised personas to signify they're "all grown up". Their all-black wardrobe is already too much for me as it is ;-).

That said, 80% of the things they shared in this 12 Days jaunt were ridiculous and a bit embarrassing. It does probably appeal to their younger fans who gobble any appearance up but like, I'm too old to watch anyone eat Italian crumpets for no reason or read a poem terribly, don't care how much I dig the music. IMO, I just sort of wonder if these sorts of things are seen as strategic and what the actual gain is? Have they gained new fans? Have they really satisfied the fanbase they're trying to grow i.e. not the tweens but young adults and older folks? Have they done something interesting or creative or genuinely memorably funny that they'd be able to look at in even a month and not cringe? Who knows. I'd rather have got the one Christmas cover, done really well i.e. no Jesy clearing her throat in the middle of a solo or the slight sharpness at the end as a free download with the same cute effervescent video than 11 days of utter nonsense.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Only good thing was the Christmas cover, the rest were a load of rubbish
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the countdown over???

Oh, merry Christmas Eve guys :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC, its Mixmas Magnets! Aieeeee!

I just dreamed it was a big put on and they were putting back new music and announcements of tours in the calendar. Then I woke up.

I still think something's up. If the cover was the highlight it didnt make sense to put the peak in the middle.

Merry Xmas Australia and New Zealand.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just dreamed it was a big put on and they were putting back new music and announcements of tours in the calendar. Then I woke up.

I still think something's up. If the cover was the highlight it didnt make sense to put the peak in the middle.

Merry Xmas Australia and New Zealand.

You are getting way too carried away lol.

We will NOT be getting any new music or big announcements this year. Let's call it a year and move into 2015. There's not long left anyway. :)

They have a lot to prove/do next year as it is.

Merry Xmas all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have straws to clutch over here.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I can see why casualviewer was expecting a bit of news about album three or a release of a promotional single to show what direction they're heading with album three on Christmas Day - Tamera Foster is planning to do this tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.