Psychoville

18910111214»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bohoboy wrote: »
    Well if you're going to start looking that deep, how come the psychiatric hospital had an operating theatre.

I don't think it's unusual that the hospital would have an operating room. The hospital was very clearly built long before 'care in the community' was introduced; 'patients' would often live a good many years or the remainder of their lives in that sort of place with any medical needs performed on-site.

Plus, you'd need somewhere to carry out lobotomies...

The former asylum High Royds in Menston (which was basically a self-sufficient village) near Ilkley, was a popular source of horror stories and Christmas Carol-singing adecdotes at my school.

Makes me shudder! :mad:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must have gone to the same school as some of the Kaiser Chiefs then because their song 'Highroyds' is about the place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know where they filmed the Ravenhill scenes?
  • union_jakunion_jak Posts: 4,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jren57 wrote: »
    In hindsight, I think the episode (4) with David and Maureen was a mistake, because in a 7 episode series, it took too much story time up.

In the last episode, there is too much going on, it's its if they were rushing to tie up the loose ends, there's too much to say and not enough time to say it, which sadly spoilt the ending.

It should have been a 8 or 9 episode series, so the story could have been better paced, though having said that, I really enjoyed 'Psychoville' and hope that there is another series.

They were, like with most British comedies, only given six episodes. In a sneaky way, they asked the BBC to provide them money for a seventh episode, then filmed episode 4 extremely cheaply and used the extra money as an all-round larger series budget. Episode 4 was basically a bonus episode.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the best of the lot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought it was the best of the lot

agreed
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    it was good....many times i laughed, many
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/psychoville/appointment/

Psychoville has been renewed (for 2 more series?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    PDJames wrote: »

Look forward to another series

I really liked it
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent news. Made my day that has! :)
  • paulgothpaulgoth Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superb news. Loved this.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get in!
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quality, so who's still alive?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Hoorah great news made me feel all Jolly or is it Jelly!! :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

A one-off special next year and then a series of six episodes in 2011.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/commissioning/psychoville-2-set-for-2010/5008352.article
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!

Good to see the BBC suppporting the most creative comedy writers of their generation.

Love them
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    A one-off special next year and then a series of six episodes in 2011.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/commissioning/psychoville-2-set-for-2010/5008352.article

Means we probably have to wait until at least 2011 to find out WTF it's all about though!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is brilliant news! I'm guessing the special will more or less wrap up the first series then series 2 will maybe be all-new characters. Could be. Whatever, I was worried we might not get more because it didn't get big viewers (stupid British public!), more Psychoville is MOST welcome!
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Good news, tea leaf! :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The series is being repeated on Dave, Thursdays at 10:20pm
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The series is being repeated on Dave, Thursdays at 10:20pm

cheers for that mate..i missed the last couple
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I liked it, but it was quite dark and weird in places too. I didn't watch the LOG much.
    Where was incest suggested? I liked some of the characters like the clown though.

I think the incest was only suggested in the first episode with Maureen Sowerbutts tucking in her son's shirt and maybe lingering. It doesn't really crop up again apart from one bit in episode 4, where a character mentions that they seem to have an Oedipal relationship. I'll put this in spoilers just in case someone's watching it on DVD like me:
    Mark Gatiss' character explains the complex as a man who sleeps with his mother and kills his father. Maureen replies "Well, one out of two isn't bad". It's later revealed that David didn't kill his father- could Maureen be referring to incest? It's the kind of twist I'd expect from LOG but I don't know whether Psychoville had the guts to go there