Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought- lots of Latin hands etc. perhaps flamenco? Dan whist on has said that everyone has been given a dance style this week like Scottish(!), jazz, ballet, flamenco...
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I really like that idea. Maybe a better week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dinosaur05 wrote: »
    That's what I thought- lots of Latin hands etc. perhaps flamenco? Dan whist on has said that everyone has been given a dance style this week like Scottish(!), jazz, ballet, flamenco...

Scottish :o

We've had Sam doing Irish dancing - are we going to see him in a kilt :o

I guess the ballet routine will be Hayley or Susanne - can't see it being Beth, as she had a similar routine last week

Just had a thought - imagine if Todd was still here and he had a ballet routine :D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think there was mention last week I think of Hayley working on a Black Swan routine so she could have the ballet one? I am quite looking forward to this week and also next week when the couples are apparently choreographing their own routines!
  • Options
    MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to Ray and Maria!:)

Just saw a clip online of Bonnie saying she is doing the Waltz...

Would be lovely if they all had traditional dance music...:)
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amytigger wrote: »
    Think there was mention last week I think of Hayley working on a Black Swan routine so she could have the ballet one? I am quite looking forward to this week and also next week when the couples are apparently choreographing their own routines!

Yes I saw something with Hayley mentioning that too. From Kyran's twitter he & Nina appear to have a Rock n Roll routine.

I like the idea of the couples choreographing a routine themselves but wonder why it's next week. I would have thought that the show on 16th Feb may make more sense as Jayne & Chris are performing Bolero in Sarajevo earlier that week so will have limited time available that week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Yes I saw something with Hayley mentioning that too. From Kyran's twitter he & Nina appear to have a Rock n Roll routine.

I like the idea of the couples choreographing a routine themselves but wonder why it's next week. I would have thought that the show on 16th Feb may make more sense as Jayne & Chris are performing Bolero in Sarajevo earlier that week so will have limited time available that week.

I read that Chris and Jane are performing Bolero in Sarajevo on 13th February (Thursday) so I guess as they give the choreography on Monday and Tuesday that will be ok as the couples and trainers can be left to work on the routine without Jane and Chris. I think they largely do that for the remainder of the week anyway as some are based in the North?

So it should be ok but I do agree with you that would have been a better week to leave the couples to do their own routines!
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paso on ice is Ray's style all over. Hope they incorporate glides and lots of use of edges alongside any staccato moves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Beth and Luke are doing the Scottish dancing. Just saw it over on the DOI facebook
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan and Hayley have got the Charleston
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Dan and Hayley have got the Charleston

Lot's of exaggerated facial expressions no doubt ;-)

I wonder if Susanne has the ballet routine then :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a Scot myself I'm half expecting the Scottish routine to be cringeworthy. Saying that, the Irish routine was pretty good...
    I wonder if it's random selection as Ray obviously has Latin training so some may say seems unfair.(not complaining- I love watching Ray on ice!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray was UK disco champion as a child and also did jazz and ballet as well as being UK ballroom and Latin champion so I would guess it would be near impossible to find a dance style he hasn't done! Probably only Scottish tbh but pleased he hasn't got that - although some may like the idea of Ray in a kilt of course!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true Amytigger! (A kilt improves most men...) 😉
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Luke wears a kilt.

I know people often criticise Beth for her performance but I actually think her more understated style may prevent it from being too OTT & cringey. Much better choice than someone like Hayley who would probably ham it up ridiculously. (though the judges would probably end up showering her with praise & overmarking her as they did last week)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley is such a ham. I could never take to her during her series and she really needs a show stopper soon or she'll be out of contention. At least, I hope so!