Options

Two and a Half Men - Season 12 - US Pace

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I hope they take this season in the direction the ending seemed to show.

E.g. that they get married and pretend to be a gay couple so they can adopt a child.

And so it back to 'Two and a Half Men' again, with an older adoptive child.

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy Central UK are starting Season 12 next week so they're only a week behind, although I suspect that will fall away fairly quickly as the breaks start to occur.

I notice Charlie Sheen is really pushing hard to get back on the show as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, they got married. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first couple of episodes. My only beef is that for so long now, Alan has been such an unlikeable character and Walden has seemingly wanted to get rid of him at every opportunity, we're now supposed to buy in that they're so close as best friends that they'd do something like get married.

Nitpicking I accept, but just bugs me a little. Still, if it stays at this level then i'll be happy.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and also Lindsey and Candy sleeping together and Jenny and Waldens Mother and Linda Carter sleeping together was both a bit farfetched
    straight women don't suddenly decide to sleep with other straight women at the drop of a hat and neither do straight women with gay women either
    but its a sitcom you have to suspend disbelief
  • Options
    calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Lindsey is far from totally straight though. There is at least one clue in the series that suggests that she is probably Bi. (the failed threesome episode)
    Also Candy is completely out there and "little" dumb, so it´s not completely unlikely for her to be somewhat into women.

Linda, Walden´s Mother and Jenny getting together was kind of odd development though.

That said, i was quite surprised, when those things happened.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the episode where alan and lindsey introduced their mothers who become lovers and move in together
    they just dropped that storyline right away as next evelyn was marrying that 91 1/2 year old man
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Charlie Sheen doesn't live here any more!" 😄
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why the UK isn't showing anymore of series 12?
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why the UK isn't showing anymore of series 12?

Comedy Central often air Two and a Half Men within a few days of the US broadcast. Which works great when the US have a consistent run of episodes, but as soon as they start taking breaks between the episodes (as is common in the US) it becomes a problem, and Comedy Central ‘pause’ and wait for a few new episodes to ‘build up’ before resuming their run again. Its back on Comedy Central early next year.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wary when I heard about the kid joining the show, but it worked surprisingly well. It forced them to do something other than lame jokes about getting laid. The kid acted natural too. Good casting.

I miss Jennie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why Rose's role was reduced from regular to the occasional appearance every now and then. She is the funniest character in Two and a Half Men and the show is always given a boost whenever she makes an appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I wonder why there is only 16 episodes this season instead of the usual 22/24
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why there is only 16 episodes this season instead of the usual 22/24

You often find the final season of a particular show has a reduced episode order - it's probably nothing more than down to money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was the meta stuff at the end of this week's US episode?

Something about 'Imagine how weird it would be without all the laughs?'

I didn't quite get it. Was it a dig at the previous version or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but Ashton Kutcher was trying so hard not to laugh.

Last ever next week. I'll watch, and I've enjoyed the show to various degrees, but I'll not really miss it.

I do miss Kandi though.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I thought it was just the show breaking the 4th wall as it were (which they have done a few times this season) and having a joke with the audience. I have a horrible feeling that come the last episode its going to go all moonlighting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the meta stuff at the end of this week's US episode?

Something about 'Imagine how weird it would be without all the laughs?'

I didn't quite get it. Was it a dig at the previous version or something?

Watched the episode last night as well and it did seem quite weird - the flash forward to the future was in the same vein as well when Alan mentioned he had to say what year it was in case people didn't get it (or words to that effect..).
    *marv* wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that come the last episode its going to go all moonlighting.

With the rumours about Sheen being in "serious negotiations" with Lorre about appearing in the final episode and the title of the final episode being "Of Course He's Dead", you may well not be that far off with that prediction unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't give anything away as it's still early and I doubt many people have seen it yet, but I honestly think that must have set a record for breaking the 4th wall so many times in a single episode.

I found plenty of it funny but it was just .. stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. They made good fun of themselves, nice cameos.

Still rather bitchy towards Sheen though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I liked it. They made good fun of themselves, nice cameos.

Still rather bitchy towards Sheen though.

Apparently, according to Lorre, he was offered a role but he didn't like what they wanted him to do.

I did like it to a point I think, but I don't know. I suppose i'm not used to seeing a regular US sitcom go that "meta", as the term apparently is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they certainly had fun with their last episodes.

Lots of Meta stuff and cameos from famous actors, as well as past characters.

I didn't really LOL but it was good to see things wrap up.
  • Options
    jason81jason81 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    The episode itself was very funny, and I really enjoyed it, even with the barbs at Sheen it did seem like it was building to a return.

The ending though was just Chuck's ego. Horrible ending.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show ended for me when they introduced brat robot Lewis..certainly no Jake.

Looking forward to it thou
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me what Meta means ? also I don't understand the term the 4th wall ? thanks !!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what Meta means ? also I don't understand the term the 4th wall ? thanks !!

4th wall is us the viewers, So breaking the 4th wall is basically talking directly to us, Or making jokes that hint they know they are on TV and it isn't real