Options

Series 8 DVD release date 17th November

andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
Forum Member
I see that series 8 is being released as a boxed set on 17th of November. One annoying aspect is that they are also including Deep Breath which of course has already been released as a single disc. i hate this when they do that.

Comments

• Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah but the deep breath dvd has exclusive features that are not being released on the complete boxset-even more annoying.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    I see that series 8 is being released as a boxed set on 17th of November. One annoying aspect is that they are also including Deep Breath which of course has already been released as a single disc. i hate this when they do that.

It would be a lot more annoying if it wasn't included.

Let's release the Series 8 Box Set but not include the first episode of the Series! Yeah that makes sense.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    As someone who bought the vanilla/staggered DVD's, their absence is a little annoying. They managed to release Deep Breath on its own but I'd much rather have had Series 8 Parts 1/2 or Volumes 1-4 again.

I guess times change, and so must I. :(
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Ah but the deep breath dvd has exclusive features that are not being released on the complete boxset-even more annoying.

No doubt they'll reappear on a later release so you can triple-dip for 'Deep Breath'... ;-)
  • Options
    woodyzudwoodyzud Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    What I find annoying is the absence of Day and Time on the box set. I know that they don't quite fit with series 8 (and I know they were on the 50th anniversary collectors set, if you were lucky enough to grab one) but up until now, all Christmas episodes have always been collected on series box sets (I include the Tennant specials set here). I was not lucky enough to have purchased the collectors set (presuming that day and time would be on S8 box). I will therefore have all episodes on box collections with the exception of day and time. Call me OCD, but I cannot bear the thought of two single DVD releases in the middle of my run of box sets.... spoils the shelf. And I don't wish to pay silly money for the collector's set on eBay. It must be a sign of the end of the world.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    It would be a lot more annoying if it wasn't included.

Let's release the Series 8 Box Set but not include the first episode of the Series! Yeah that makes sense.

I agree with you, what I find annoying is that I have stupidly bought the single DVD release of Deep Breath. Why release it at all other than to make money from fans. Grrrrr
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Must say the extras on this look a little underwhelming, were minisodes just a Matt Smith era thing?
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extras on this release are poor. Only 4 commentaries, no minisodes, no video diaries, no original documentaries. Padded out by bbc america programmes and the by any other name the confidential cutdowns. It is a rush release, timed for Christmas. There has simply not been time for a proper release.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Extras on this release are poor. Only 4 commentaries, no minisodes, no video diaries, no original documentaries. Padded out by bbc america programmes and the by any other name the confidential cutdowns. It is a rush release, timed for Christmas. There has simply not been time for a proper release.

We can presumably expect the same from the Series 9 release then, and all future releases for now, if the show is to maintain an autumn spot. As I said above. special features aren't much of a big deal to me personally, but then that makes it only more annoying that the box sets I'm now going to have to buy (as a result of them stopping the vanilla releases) aren't of as good a quality as they used to be either.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't buy stupid single episode releases so I'm very glad Deep Breath is in this box set. In fact, I would be very angry indeed if it weren't.