Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Uncharted - the best
    Call of Duty
    Fifa
    resident evil

loads more as well

Uhh Call of Duty and Fifa really? lol well some must I guess and Resident Evil is one of my favorite oldies but the series is so poor.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitman
    and maybe Dead Space even though I didn't enjoy the first and second one I feel that it was an excellent series and can see why people liked it.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tough choice....so many good series out there. offhand would be,

Killzone
    Gears
    Uncharted
    God of War
    Dead Space

in no particular order*
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's now down to the final 4:

Fallout
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    Grand Theft Auto

I'm quite surprised that my top 3 are in the last 4, it seems many people agree that these have all been great games.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It's now down to the final 4:

Fallout
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    Grand Theft Auto

Ouch I dont like any of those.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I love the Fallout series I couldn't put it in my list because of the horrible mess Bethesda made of the PS3 versions which while playable always left me fearing a crash which is not an enjoyable way to play a game as large as Fallout.

Thankfully a lot of those issues got clear up with Skyrim. Although bizarrely that was the game that came in for the most stick quality wise. I only had a couple of crashes in 100hours of gameplay in Skyrim, the same thing cannot be said for Fallout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Played both Fallouts and an ME and Uncharted is the best series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    GTA - San Andreas
    MGS 3 - Best game in the series
    Final Fantasy X

Personally I don't think any game has topped those in the last decade, GTA V certainly has the potential though although COD 4 got me interested in FPS so some credit there and spent hours and hours on the MP.
  • Options
    sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Gamespot are doing a poll to find the greatest game series of the decade http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/

My top 5 would be

1. Mass Effect
    2. Elder Scrolls
    3. Fallout
    4. Portal
    5. Uncharted

What would your choice be?

Gormond

not played any of the others but in terms of recent times I've got to say Mass Effect is one of my favourites Im know some don't like the ending to |ME3 and like others i'd have gone with a different ending however it made sense and I thought it still worked well within the franchise
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    The ending to the ME trilogy still p1sses me off, but it accounts for the merest fraction of the trilogy overall, which is still utterly brilliant.

I find it hard to look past ME tbh. San Andreas was great, CoD4 was great, Arkham Asylum was fantastic, Uncharted/2 were breathtaking, Skyrim was epic, but ME was just untouchable.

IMO ;)
  • Options
    RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yakuza is also another great new series the last decade. The closest thing to a shenmue and a 3D streets of rage we will ever get, also loved the storys and characters in each game, especially yakuza 4. Its a shame there might never be another entry in the series released in the west again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Mass Effect 2
    2. Portal 2
    3. Bioshock 1,3
    4. Batman Arkham Asylum
    5. WoW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's down to Elder Scrolls vs GTA http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/

Elder Scrolls gets my vote :D
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's down to Elder Scrolls vs GTA http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/

Elder Scrolls gets my vote :D

And mine, all the games in the Elder Scrolls series have been individually superb (although Oblivion's my least favourite) but Skyrim could hold its head up as a serious contender for greatest game ever imo.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sonic series, in the last 10 years some of my favourite games has been Sonic games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No great surprise that Elder Scrolls won, both Oblivion and Skyrim were amazing games and well deserved it.