Options

I lost all respect for Len Goodman when he dumped out Martina in week 1 but now ...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Phil shouldn't have gone IMO. I'm sick of Len's judgement being the one that sticks. He's had it wrong 3 times now. Simon Cowell doesn't have that power in the X Factor and it's his show!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Loverach wrote: »
    Phil shouldn't have gone IMO. I'm sick of Len's judgement being the one that sticks. He's had it wrong 3 times now. Simon Cowell doesn't have that power in the X Factor and it's his show!

I quite agree that was shocking, who the hell does he think he is. Couldn;'t it go to public vote after all Ricky was there last week as well:confused:
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Not just Len but 'honest' Craig too. A cynic might observe they know Phil has done well with the public vote most weeks and this was their only chance to ditch him whereas Erin and Ricky will be expendable next week.
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky & Erin are my faves and I thought they were fab tonight, so glad they got through but I admit that I was shocked. That said, Craig is the judge I listen to the most and he saved R&E so I don't feel I feel they deserved to go through. Phil was very good though and sad to see him go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't surprised to be honest. Len has a 'look' when he's planning to dump out the couple in the lead after Bruno's given his decision. I want to slap him to be honest. I'm gutted
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i dont agree

they were right

phil made a big mistake in his dance and they based it on that otherwise wots the point of taking into considertaion all the other weeks they might aswell not have a dance off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt Ricky and Erin danced better than Phil and Katya in the dance off so for me the result was fair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky & Erin are my faves and I thought they were fab tonight, so glad they got through but I admit that I was shocked. That said, Craig is the judge I listen to the most and he saved R&E so I don't feel I feel they deserved to go through. Phil was very good though and sad to see him go.

I was upset for Ricky and Erin too cos NIWS is one of my fave songs despite my age and I loved them dancing to it
  • Options
    Robert RomarinRobert Romarin Posts: 11,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this DO was judged fairly...but the judges chop and change the criteria to suit them...as shown by the recent Ali / Zoe DO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i dont agree

they were right

phil made a big mistake in his dance and they based it on that otherwise wots the point of taking into considertaion all the other weeks they might aswell not have a dance off

Fair enough for you to say but I have said that I didn't agree with the Martina decision either and there was another one too. Phil is my fave and I was surprised to see him in week 9 but to be dumped out when he was undermarked in comparison to others. He was only going one way and that was out of the competition
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Gutted. I can't see Ricky improving much further and I'm guessing he'll be out soon. I think Phil would have had a Gethin moment and continued to refine his great natural movement.

Phil made a mistake, but Ricky's dance wasn't clean either, he skipped and his hold completely collapsed before the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this DO was judged fairly...but the judges chop and change the criteria to suit them...as shown by the recent Ali / Zoe DO.

Fair enough but do you think the original dance was in comparison to others? I think to get 30 for a good acquittal of a dance and for another contestant to get grossely critcised and score 35 is an awful injustice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt Ricky and Erin danced better than Phil and Katya in the dance off so for me the result was fair

I agree, I thought Ricky and Erin did much better in the dance-off :).
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the wrong couple were saved, Phil and Katya were better than Ricky& Erin, still i'm sure Ricky(G) won't survive many more weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin and Ricky are my favourites and I do think based on the dance off it was the right choice. But if Phil and Katya hadn't made the mistakes and both couples delivered clean routines then I wouldn't have been surprised if they had stayed in over Ricky and Erin.
  • Options
    c4kc4k Posts: 6,015
    Forum Member

they do, and I think they changed the criteria here too!! i.e. the ali/zoe dance off, ali had a very bad dance off (because of the foot admitedly) but Zoe still went, because she is the better dancer. Same as they did when gabby/penny were in the dance off, penny was the more popular dancer with the public, gabby had potential, she was a possible winner, yet they turfed her out...

judges leaderboard tonight suggested phil was the better dancer, yet ricky was saved over them, after being in the dance off last week again. Yes I know they have to judge on what they see in the dance off, but how can this be the case when there is no consistency. If its 2-2 then it should go to the public, and NOT len. Its a technicality, and an unfair one!!
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I completely missed Phil's error, but I accept Craig and Len's word that it happened, so I am not disappointed in the result.

As Robert Romarin pointed out though, the judges change the criteria to suit - Zoe performed better in her dance off against Ali for example - and I just wish they would remain consistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erinfan wrote: »
    Gutted. I can't see Ricky improving much further and I'm guessing he'll be out soon. I think Phil would have had a Gethin moment and continued to refine his great natural movement.

Phil made a mistake, but Ricky's dance wasn't clean either, he skipped and his hold completely collapsed before the end.

That's what I thought. I'm really disappointed in Len but wasn't surprised at Craig. He really seemed to dislike Phil which stems from the first show cos Phil surprised him with the way he was in the ballroom and I think Craig was really ready to get the claws out from week 1 and he couldn't. Tonight he was given the perfect opportunity and used it
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the judges had overlooked Phil's mistakes, then we'd have to question the whole concept of the dance-off.

I'd much rather have seen the back of Ricky Groves, but if he danced clean when it mattered, then I guess he was right to be saved :(

I wish they'd eliminate the dance-off altogether to be honest.
  • Options
    c4kc4k Posts: 6,015
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    If the judges had overlooked Phil's mistakes, then we'd have to question the whole concept of the dance-off.

I'd much rather have seen the back of Ricky Groves, but if he danced clean when it mattered, then I guess he was right to be saved :(

I wish they'd eliminate the dance-off altogether to be honest

here here, the show was better without it IMO, I love the tension of it getting to the bottom two and the PUBLIC deciding, after all the judges don't decide the winner, we do!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

I wish they'd eliminate the dance-off altogether to be honest.

I don't think they should eliminate the dance-off altogether but they should have to do a minute of a bit of a show type dance where they choose the music. Bit like the X Factor sing off. Then the judges can actually base it properly on the dance just done. I'm sure it's difficult for them to just base it on the dance they did in the dance off rather than the dance they did in the main part of the show
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even though I wanted Phil and Katya to stay, I thought Ricky and Erin gave a more polished performance, although there was very little in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Even though I wanted Phil and Katya to stay, I thought Ricky and Erin gave a more polished performance, although there was very little in it.

I was more mesmorised by the song to be honest. As I said in a previous post I love Nights In White Satin. It's truly one of my favourite songs and if I would have voted I would have voted sadly enough just based on the song. I loved Phil and Katya in this competition. They've been brilliant and I'm going to miss them. I hope Katya will stay next year. She's my fave new professional
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both made mistakes in the DO and as has been pointed out the judges chop and change their criteria to suit themselves. I agree that the DO is becoming a farce and should be removed with it coming down to the public vote.
    We are never given the actual voter figures either and that is a mistake.
    Tonight once again the judges showed favouritism in their voting and one of these evenings it will come back to bite them with both Ali and Ricky W in the DO. Then they will once again say they were the wrong two and there are worse dancers left. The GBP aren't stupid and do vote on personality as well as dancing and also vote on those who have a "journey" like Natalie. Ali and Ricky W seem to be able to make mistakes and get away with it with high marks. If I could vote, I can't as I live in France, I wouldn't vote for either Ali or Ricky W. Itis Lisa Snowdon all over again and look what happened to her.
  • Options
    gig-ge-dygig-ge-dy Posts: 230
    Forum Member

Spot on IMO.

The rule of the DO works something like this: when it's two couples the judges don't care much about who stays in, follow the guideline and judge it on the DO dancing alone, when one of the two couples in the DO is someone the judges think is generally much better then forget what happens in the DO and go on past performance/potential. The conclusion being a DO is only unpredicatble and worth doing when it contains two couples the judges couldn't care much either way about ... or near the end, two couples the judges do like and rate evenly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a difficult decision, especially since it is difficult to compare the two dances in terms of performance since the AS is a more wowy dance than the VW (although I know there are some forumites who like the VW). It seems to me that it was fair that Len and Craig chose what they thought was the cleaner dance.

However, I guess Phil was the better long term prospect, although if Ricky could relax in the ballroom he would be so much better.