Options

The most hated regional presenter

Comments

• Options
    old pilotold pilot Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy258 wrote: »
    Anne Davies and that terrible Eastenders reject who presents the weather on East Midlands Today.

Come to think of it, everybody on East Midlands Today!

Yes AnneDavies is well past her sell by date. She was on BBC National during the strike and her make up looked terrible.

By contrast Staurt White etc at Look East are cosy and comfortable on screen despite being there for a long time.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delenn wrote: »
    For some reason I have never understood, my mom really hates Alex Dolan, the new weather girl from Look East. Really taken a dislike to her, almost as much as my grandmother hated Karren Brady!

It may be that she wears the same jacket for the forecasts or the way she speaks.

Rachel Mackley also comes in for some stick over on Anglia for her delivery and errors when putting the data on the weather map.
  • Options
    jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Duncan Wood on Calendar for me. (ex GMTV)

His patronising "Hello Everyone" at the start of every programme makes me shudder. More suited to Newsround
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angus Purden in Scotland he is soooooooo wooden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't remember her name, but there used to be a female presenter on Points West in Bristol who was hugely disliked. Apparantly she was really snotty and up her own a*** with everybody whenever she went into shops, restaurants etc. She left about four years ago and (I think) went to BBC World or 24....haven't seen her since though, unless she's on the graveyard shift!

Susan Osman? Although the current female co-presenter has dubious connections with a former Channel 5 gameshow which was part of the game show scandals a few years ago.
  • Options
    zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a constructive thread.
  • Options
    Soap DodgerSoap Dodger Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Don't see where you get Angus Purdon from......he isn't a Regional news presenter in Scotland!!! He presents Postcode Challenge on STV. I'm not that keen on him either but he dosn't fit into this thread at all!!! Most of these names I've never heard of so to me this thread is fairly pointless unless you have seen all of the local regional presenters and local programmes!!
  • Options
    flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically as long as they female i am not bothered. like the asian lady on london. i get confused on guys who use to be on other programs rather than news orientated.
    i am not a fan of the female polictical correspondant she sounds a male. (or is she on the main news?) But who is complaining
  • Options
    hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa Ackroyd's great! Leave her alone!

Does any other local news output match the Harry Gration / Christa Ackroyd / Paul Hudson line-up? I doubt it.
  • Options
    RJH GloverRJH Glover Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Peter Levy, can't stand him and Look North in general.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philippa 'Pip' Tomson on tyne tees. Can't stand this up her own arse cow! She's absolutely loves herself, despite the fact she got demoted to weather girl. She seems like a complete snob and she really does my head in!
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Duncan Wood on Calendar for me. (ex GMTV)

His patronising "Hello Everyone" at the start of every programme makes me shudder. More suited to Newsround

I find his "Hello Everyone" quite cheerful and up lifting!
    Philippa 'Pip' Tomson on tyne tees. Can't stand this up her own arse cow! She's absolutely loves herself, despite the fact she got demoted to weather girl. She seems like a complete snob and she really does my head in!

Pip isn't actually, she is down to earth, she seems it on camera and apparently is lovely off camera. Met her briefly once when I was in the Metro Centre! :D

___

Helen Ford on Tyne Tees Grates me with her voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The 'demotion' isn't as bad as it appears, she's first choice cover for Pam Royle and her weather girl job is only part of her role as Environment Correspondent.
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is quite funny to see christa having a go at paul the weatherman on look north- notice harry keeps out of the way, and doesnt really get involved!! i wonder if paul and christa get on behind the cameras?
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nelad wrote: »
    Who claims the crown of most detested region BBC / itv presenter?

Judging from comments on facebook, Christa Ackroyd of BBC Yorkshire seems to be a strong contender! :eek:

Sally Taylor, Geraldine Peers, Jo Kent and Caroline Richardson...all from BBC South Today. Patronising and sugary.

The local news is a waste of time.
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa Ackroyd's great! Leave her alone!

Does any other local news output match the Harry Gration / Christa Ackroyd / Paul Hudson line-up? I doubt it.

I agree the BBC Look North Yorkshire line up with everyone is quite good. I didn't realise but Ackroyd gets paid quite good!
  • Options
    NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some of her PR photos make her look quite slutty in my view :D
  • Options
    NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'demotion' isn't as bad as it appears, she's first choice cover for Pam Royle and her weather girl job is only part of her role as Environment Correspondent.

Lol..
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I don't know about the most hated which is extremely harsh but in Gordon Burns and Lucy Meacock on BBC and Granada respectively we must have two of the nicest.

And whilst not strictly a presenter Fred The Weather is simply a legend!
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I don't know about the most hated which is extremely harsh but in Gordon Burns and Lucy Meacock on BBC and Granada respectively we must have two of the nicest.

And whilst not strictly a presenter Fred The Weather is simply a legend!

I can't STAND him !
    "...and what about the weather ? WELL...."
    AAAAARRRRRGGHHH !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't STAND him !
    "...and what about the weather ? WELL...."
    AAAAARRRRRGGHHH !

Each to their own I suppose, just out of interest why can't you stand him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Granada Reports, there is a complete pillock called
    Paul Crone.
    Everyone insists on calling him "Croney":mad:
    What an absolute tit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own I suppose, just out of interest why can't you stand him?

He's just an irritating idiot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On Granada Reports, there is a complete pillock called
    Paul Crone.
    Everyone insists on calling him "Croney":mad:
    What an absolute tit.

Croney is a bit quirky but certainly enters the spirt of his reports. What I like about Granada is they have kept faith with some presenters to give the show some continuity, Lucy, Croney and Fred and been around for years. London goes through presenters like matches.

So what's up with Fred then? He is eccentric and totally different to many of the antiseptic weather presenters I have ever seen and that's why many of us like him. Each to their own though.
  • Options
    MP34L1feMP34L1fe Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croney is a bit quirky but certainly enters the spirt of his reports. What I like about Granada is they have kept faith with some presenters to give the show some continuity, Lucy, Croney and Fred and been around for years. London goes through presenters like matches.

So what's up with Fred then? He is eccentric and totally different to many of the antiseptic weather presenters I have ever seen and that's why many of us like him. Each to their own though.

Fred is a legend