Kay Burley - please enlighten me !!

2»

Comments

• CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Sheep effect most likely - with more than a few posters hoping to get down with 'popular opinion'.

I don't understand the villification dished out to this woman. To my simple mind she seems a perfectly able, competent and likeable journo. I must be missing something...envy perhaps ? :confused:

She does not bother he either, just another newsreader, of course she will be jumped on by Sky and Murdoch haters of which there are many.

We had a thread here yesterday having a go at Sky News for giving prominence to the Beiber story when all the media did this including BBC and ITV but the thread heading made undue emphasis on Sky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may not be liked, but the lady has a very good job, and probably couldn't care less what people think.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    She does not bother he either, just another newsreader, of course she will be jumped on by Sky and Murdoch haters of which there are many.

We had a thread here yesterday having a go at Sky News for giving prominence to the Beiber story when all the media did this including BBC and ITV but the thread heading made undue emphasis on Sky.

Same old...

...and all these Sky News/Murdoch haters who seem to watch Sky News all the time to pick up on everything they do and say.

They are quite open to being corrected though.

This morning they were covering the processed meat story and the text was overlaid on a picture of a packet of mince.

A quick Tweet from me and when the story came on again in the next half hour, they'd changed the picture to sausages.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Sheep effect most likely - with more than a few posters hoping to get down with 'popular opinion'.

I don't understand the villification dished out to this woman. To my simple mind she seems a perfectly able, competent and likeable journo. I must be missing something...envy perhaps ? :confused:

We simple folk have to have a new Aunt Sally now the Fiona Phillips creature is now largely (and thankfully) off our screens...

But on a less flippant note, I don't find someone who breaks the news to people live on air that the missing kid they're searching for is dead, or asks inane questions of experts in their field from the lofty standpoint of believing she's more knowledgeable than they, to be competent.

Call me picky, but there it is.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »

I'm far from a Sky hater. I should much prefer to watch Sky News - for all its faults - than the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation's output. But, alas, I don't find Ms. Burley to be its strongest performer. Although that is subjective, of course.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    But on a less flippant note, I don't find someone who breaks the news to people live on air that the missing kid they're searching for is dead....

Were you watching live at the time, or watching the shortened, out of context, clip that was put online afterwards?

If you were watching live, why?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    ....the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation's output.

Very droll, if not totally inaccurate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just been interviewing a political commentator who had just said that he wouid hate to be a politician in today's climate as they are all distrusted and viewed as corrupt . Seconds later , her very first question after his comments - " would YOU like to be a politician ?? "

Why do we have to put up with this cretin ?

She is inept , uncaring and has no personalty or charisma .

I dont know for certain HOW she keeps this high profile job but I've got my suspicions !!

I just wish he'd had the guts to ask her why she doesn't listen to other people, .
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    She isn't always on it's always Lorna Dunkley on afternoons when I see it and she doesn't do any other slot except Christmas Day morning so how is she always on.

To the person who said she is on LBC she did a one off show at Christmas.

She now has a weekly show on LBC on Sunday mornings with a guy from The Sun - it's dire. And this week she had a column in The Sun sitting in for Jane Moore, it was mainly about her son's birthday.