Options

Will Emma Jump ship !

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
As a genuine lover of the show, Emma MUST be sitting back thinking its a disaster this year like the rest of us. Her star has also risen a great deal in the last year, will she now put her CV and career first and walk away from BB or will she stick with it in the hope it resurrects. The only way it will survive now is for Channel 4 to take it back or ITV to see the opportunity to professionally revive it. Its dead in the water in Channel 5 with Desmond's total manipulation.

Comments

• Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm NOT an Emma fan--even preferred Brian!!--but she needs to seriously extract herself from the disgusting farce BB has now become ASAP. Run, Emma, run!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    She can sink with it. Really don't like how she is the "Queen of Big Brother" when Rylan says it, don't know if it's script or him just saying it. CH4 should give it another shot.
  • Options
    farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love it to go to ITV, new producers, new presenters, new ideas, new everything. It needs it.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    As a genuine lover of the show, Emma MUST be sitting back thinking its a disaster this year like the rest of us. Her star has also risen a great deal in the last year, will she now put her CV and career first and walk away from BB or will she stick with it in the hope it resurrects. The only way it will survive now is for Channel 4 to take it back or ITV to see the opportunity to professionally revive it. Its dead in the water in Channel 5 with Desmond's total manipulation.

Celebrity Big Brother is successful especially by Channel 5s usual standards.

The civilian series is a mess, nobody can deny that. But although Emma certainly does come across as being quite p!ssed off with the producers this year, she still seems very enthusiastic and does that annoying 'over excited' thing which Davina used to do.

I cant see her leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    Would love it to go to ITV, new producers, new presenters, new ideas, new everything. It needs it.

Completely agree. ITV taking it over and completely reviving it would be absolutely fantastic….. I could see it being up there with BB AUS if they just handle it right.
  • Options
    rosariofirerosariofire Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Emms Willis, don't rate her as a presenter. BBBOTS is about her level, she's not worthy of anything more decent.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She already has quite a bit of other work. Still, were she to leave, no doubt we'd get "rat leaving sinking ship" on the one hand and "good riddance" on the other, on here.
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. ITV taking it over and completely reviving it would be absolutely fantastic….. I could see it being up there with BB AUS if they just handle it right.

Ugh bbaus? That's about a million times worse than bbuk as it's all meant to be so sanitised and family orientated , doesn't it air at like 6pm or something? And they've no live feed either
  • Options
    Esther_AspleyEsther_Aspley Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is a lot of ship jumpers on here any one would think it is the titanic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    Ugh bbaus? That's about a million times worse than bbuk as it's all meant to be so sanitised and family orientated , doesn't it air at like 6pm or something? And they've no live feed either

If you mean no one is shouting C *** every five minutes, or calling people bastards… or F'ing and Blinding ….. then you are right… that is all absent…. along with smoking !!!

Skullduggery, bitching, alliances, tears, fights, tremendous tasks… brilliant fun… thats all there ok !!!!

I'd take that any day over the shambles that is BBUK
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    As long as you're not speaking for me with "the rest of us"... not everyone disliked this series. Also, i expect there to be manipulation as it's Big Brother and that's a big part of what it's about, it's bewildering and astounding to me that others don't, however... too each their own and so be it.

As to Emma jumping ship, i wouldn't mind. Never was a fan.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see her leaving unless there's some big offer of a great job out there that none of us are aware of! Big Brother's regular income for her.

Desmond's time with C5 is nearly over, it will be interesting to see what does happen with Big Brother - it is still C5's flagship show and presumably will remain in place.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, cos she is a terrible presenter
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ITV took over wouldn't we just get a ITV type presenter.

Personally if ITV took over, I wouldn't mind Ben Shepard doing the main shows.

And see if they can worm Dermot back to do a BBLB type programme.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Emma has criticised the show a couple of times this series.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she could take Rylan with her, unless he drops the awful camp act.
  • Options
    jeannie26jeannie26 Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma is getting pelters on Facebook. Not nice reading for her. If she wants to carry on presenting Id be jumping ship after this..
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Emma presents for ITV (This Morning) from time to time, as has Rylan....
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given she's now getting work on mainstream channels, I suspect that fronting a weekly ITV show is a hell of a lot more money and a hell of a lot less work than the BB gig.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like Rylan to present BB next. Emma has had her run.

Never liked Rylan but he's grown on me.

She didn't sound genuinely excited about Celebrity one starting next week, she tried to muster up enthusiasm but failed big time :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ben Shepard, is he a BB fan ... I would rather have somebody present Big Brother who is, or appears to be, a fan and who would know about past Big Brother winners, contestants, etc.

Dermot says working on X Factor goes from March straight through to the end, so I doubt he'd be able to fit in Big Brother too ... even if he wanted to, which I could imagine he doesn't ... you know what they say, never go back! He's got a radio show, X Factor and 2 restaurants, I imagine BB is the last thing he'd want to go back to.
  • Options
    sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean no one is shouting C *** every five minutes, or calling people bastards… or F'ing and Blinding ….. then you are right… that is all absent…. along with smoking !!!

Skullduggery, bitching, alliances, tears, fights, tremendous tasks… brilliant fun… thats all there ok !!!!

I'd take that any day over the shambles that is BBUK

I'd take the 'sanitized' version of BBAU any day!
    Even the crowd reaction is more civilized, the housemates being applauded for their contribution even if disliked! Even Tully, last series, had her moment!
    As you say, the tasks are also superior and FUN. No interaction with the public, and rule-breakers punished. Love BBAUS.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma's husband's career has sank without trace hasn't it, he just lazes about round the house like Ash Harrison? :cool:

so Emma is the only breadwinner, if she wants to keep them accustomed in the vulgar lifestyle they are used to she has to take any gig going? :D