Options

Breakout from using Micellar water?

Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone had bad reactions after using micellar water? I have bad skin anyway but I have broken out in lots of little bumpy spots and I think it might be since I've been using Garnier Micellar water.

Comments

• Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, sounds a tiny bit odd since Micellar water is mostly made up of water and a few non-irritating ingredients. Are you sure it's not something else you've used recently?

To be honest, if it's definitely the micellar water causing them, I'd just stop using it. It's really only good as a makeup remover, it isn't a miracle product or anything (despite the hype), I'm sure you can find another one that won't make those bumps appear.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a reaction to my stuff too. My skin was so soft but then kind of dried out and became irritated.
  • Options
    Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Ye i used to use watery products and I had proper shit skin

I stick to balms and gels now

The only watery product I have now is my toner/hydrator
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be certain it was that but not used anything else new this week, I keep hoping for a miracle product! Anyway, I have been to the doctors today and got some acne cream, really hoping this will clear up the existing problem as well as this latest breakout. I will go back to using my old cleansing wash!
  • Options
    BattleAxeBattleAxe Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Essex_Boy wrote: »
    Ye i used to use watery products and I had proper shit skin

I stick to balms and gels now

The only watery product I have now is my toner/hydrator

^^ that's the way to do it!

With micellar water, you're not really cleaning your skin properly, and you're definitely not exfoliating if you're just wiping it around your face with a bit of cotton wool.

Use it as a make-up remover, then do a proper cleanse with a balm or a cream, and use hot water and a flannel to take it off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I haven't had spots as in red normal spots. I've had more small lumps on my face (they never turn into spots, they're just none painful lumps kind of like whiteheads) than usual. Mainly around the forehead/temple area. I've been using the micellar water since February and its only happened since i've started using it so maybe it is related to use of the micellar water.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamskiB wrote: »
    I haven't had spots as in red normal spots. I've had more small lumps on my face (they never turn into spots, they're just none painful lumps kind of like whiteheads) than usual. Mainly around the forehead/temple area. I've been using the micellar water since February and its only happened since i've started using it so maybe it is related to use of the micellar water.

I have little white bumps under the skin on my cheeks and forehead like this and only since I used the B micellar water, stopped two weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamskiB wrote: »

Yes this sounds like what I had!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I have little white bumps under the skin on my cheeks and forehead like this and only since I used the B micellar water, stopped two weeks ago.

I think mine took about 2 weeks to clear up
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do read Caroline Hirons advice about cleansing your face, on her BeautyMouth site.

Washing your face properly is essential for good skin.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've been using loreal's micellar water and my skin hasn't been great either. Normally I have really clear skin.

I'm going to stop using it for a few days and see if it makes a difference.
  • Options
    Bunny-GirlBunny-Girl Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been using the simple micellar water for a few days now & really like it does a good job of removing my make up & leaves my skin feeling really soft & smooth after
  • Options
    janismjanism Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I had a problem with it. I hd red puffy blotches which everyone at work noticed!! Took about 10 days for my skin to calm down, the micellar water went in the bin.
  • Options
    Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Has anyone had bad reactions after using micellar water? I have bad skin anyway but I have broken out in lots of little bumpy spots and I think it might be since I've been using Garnier Micellar water.

Do you have acne? Try the blue one if u want...however I would complain to the company via email or Facebook
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only use the Garnier Micellar water, do a double cleanse with it. My skin loves it and has never looked better. Skin type - sensitive and prone to dryness. Less is more with me - I used to have a convoluted skincare regime but I have pared it down and I can't remember the last time I had any problems.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can be allergic to anything, no matter how pure it is.