Options

*New * St Tropez In Shower Gradual Fake Tan

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone tried this yet? You get in the shower, use it and leave it on for three minutes. Reviews from the media looked positive but I wasn't so sure so checked reviews from people other than the media outlets, and to my surprise people seem to be raving about it and liking it. I've tried every tab under the sun and nothing beats James Read's Liquid Tan. I'm going to give this new St Tropez a go though and see.

Comments

• Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the normal St Tropez Gradual Tan so I'll definitely be trying it out.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been up for over two hours now and not a word from Essex-Boy. Do you think he's dead?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    This thread has been up for over two hours now and not a word from Essex-Boy. Do you think he's dead?

Either that or he's fallen asleep on his sunbed ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I've used it twice now and I really like it. Not streaky whatsoever and doesn't smell. You get in the shower and wash as normal. Then you put it on your body with the shower turned off and you leave it for 3 minutes. You then wash it off. The colour develops over time. I've used it 2 days in a row now and think it's great.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it suitable for first-time fake tanners?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Is it suitable for first-time fake tanners?

Yes, you won't notice much of a difference the first time you use it. Once you've used it two or three days in a row you'll start to see a difference. It's suitable to be used every day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I used this for the first time today, 8 hours later and I'm a lovely colour, no streaks. Really impressed, will use it again tomorrow and Saturday to build up the colour. So easy to use.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Style magazine, Aug issue, are giving away a 50ml sample. Enough for a few goes I would have thought. Good way to trial it.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used it only once so far but it's brilliant! Such a natural colour. So easy to use. I hate having creams on my skin so this is a god send.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely going to give this a go. How to occupy yourself for 3 minutes while waiting though? I can't even bear to wait 2 minutes for hair conditioners...
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you won't notice much of a difference the first time you use it. Once you've used it two or three days in a row you'll start to see a difference. It's suitable to be used every day

Thanks.
    Sorry for all the questions but can you apply it to your face/head too?
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Sorry for all the questions but can you apply it to your face/head too?

Sorry for the bump but I wanted to know if it was suitable for using on your face too.
  • Options
    suzielou1970suzielou1970 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    No, you shouldnt use it on your face. I am on my second tube ( 3 for 2 at Boots) and I cant tell that i have used any!! Not impressed at all even tho I left it on for longer than stated. Wont be buying any more :(
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember to buy a red nose and some over-sized shoes to go with it.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you shouldnt use it on your face. I am on my second tube ( 3 for 2 at Boots) and I cant tell that i have used any!! Not impressed at all even tho I left it on for longer than stated. Wont be buying any more :(

Good to know, thanks.

Don't think I'll bother. Haven't used fake tan in 10 years - thought my tanning days were gone and I was embracing my pastiness and impending middle age - but I just took a notion yesterday because I was wearing a white summer dress and I became very aware of my ridiculously pale legs. Came here and read about this and thought it seemed very easy even for lazy people like me. Think I'm over it now and I certainlu don't want the whole tanned neck white face conundrum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's fantastic stuff. You do have to use it every day though. It's a gradual tan. If you're someone who showers every other day (yes there actually are people who do!!) then don't bother with it. I shower every single day and use it in the shower. It works and is great stuff.