Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it matter who we get?

They all end up as passing clones when injected with Arsene Wengers AWP12.3 serum which just makes you pass and pass and pass and pass and then look like you've been buzzed by Simon Cowell on Britains Got Talent when you lose.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That was funny :D
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    Does it matter who we get?

They all end up as passing clones when injected with Arsene Wengers AWP12.3 serum which just makes you pass and pass and pass and pass and then look like you've been buzzed by Simon Cowell on Britains Got Talent when you lose.

Classic, sadly you won't be too far from the truth I fear.

As for Barca buying RVP, behave!! Why would they spend 20 million on a bloke who is only fit enough to play for half a season if you're lucky??:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a fun fact for you, there's this impression that we never shoot, but according to Opta we've had the third most shots in the league 466, Utd have had 491.

We have had 226 shots on target, compared to Utds 208.

We shoot fewer times overall, but we shoot better.
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fun fact, Sol Campbell is the second fastest player in the LEAGUE. First is Theo with Drogba/Torres a joint 3rd.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/23/top-ten-fastest-premier-league-players/
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur Arsene Wenger on our goalkeeping situation.

Wenger has been linked with a number of keepers with the transfer window on the horizon. But Wenger insists a new keeper is not necessarily on his shopping list.
    "Let people think and let me do," he said. "But it isn't an area that I necessarily want to strengthen
    . I don't want to come out before the season is finished and say what areas we want to strengthen."

Oh dear.
  • naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

Wenger has been linked with a number of keepers with the transfer window on the horizon. But Wenger insists a new keeper is not necessarily on his shopping list.
    "Let people think and let me do," he said. "But it isn't an area that I necessarily want to strengthen
    . I don't want to come out before the season is finished and say what areas we want to strengthen."

Oh dear.

The more quotes i read the more i believe that we will only see 1 new signing, Chamakh, and a smattering of youth/reserve players pushed into the first team squad. I hope i am wrong but it does seem that after stating that this team had to deliver this season, moving 1 place to 3rd seems to be "going in the right direction":eek:
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear.

There have been some classics from him over the last few days on pravda.com. There had better be some big changes this summer as I'm fed up of our constant collapse when the business end of the season hits. He's got another 12 months no matter what anyone thinks because of his contract.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair arsenal have had alot of injuries this season & i mean alot.if arseanl hada full team i feel they would be fighting for the title untill the last day.
    wenger i think does realise this as well,a decent goal keeper,a defender & a striker who's more clinical i think is all arsenal need.
    song has gotten better each season,diaby is showing a bit more & ramsey is coming into his own.
    still not sure if wenger will spend much though
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear.

He's hardly likely to say we're desperate for a keeper and signing one in the window is a must.

That would push the price up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we at least wait until the season is finished before we get upset over filler quotes in the media?

Wenger never says we are absolutely buying any position until he's assured the signing is going through.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ladies FA Cup Final is about to start.

Arsenal v Everton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eboue in central midfield according to ESPN.

Let the bodies hit the floor. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabianski Sagna Silvestre Eboue Traore Campbell
    Diaby Nasri Walcott Van Persie Vela

Subs: Mannone Djourou Gibbs Eastmond Arshavin Henderson Eduardo

Vela:eek:
    Djourou and Gibbs :eek::eek:

Clichy I presume is injured just as Gibbs comes back:rolleyes:
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    The Ladies FA Cup Final is about to start.

Arsenal v Everton.

Great game, both keepers are excellent (better than Almunia anyway). Quality doesn't even come close to the mens PL but what the hell, this is a cup final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody in here was saying we need to do more old Steve Bould style flick ons from corners. Looks like Arsene's listened.
  • wsmansemwsmansem Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the reserve team is 1-0 up against Blackburn :)

I got slaughtered recently for slagging off the gameplay style of Blackburn , Bolton etc etc but here we are playing away from home with Rob V Persie and Sagna , Nasri , Diaby and 7 squad players - Blackburn just boot it from their end to our penalty box every flaming time . Aggghhhhh !!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we certainly don't need another goalkeeper Arsene:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical neanderthal crap from an Allardyce team.
    They won't be happy if Van Persie walks off the pitch on two legs at the end of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh we're so fragile.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabianski doing us a favour and eliminating the last small doubt in Wenger's mind that he might not need a new keeper.
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are so dire that it's not even funny

No passion whatsoever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did the ref miss RVP's penaly claim?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarlosVela wrote: »
    We are so dire that it's not even funny

Although ,this is nearly our reserve team !
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to say something important and in depth but why should I be arsed if they can't?
This discussion has been closed.