Options

Do you support 1 team, but have a soft spot for another?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are you like me, support 1 team by going to the games and following all the ups & downs but also side support another team just because you like them (but dont go to the games)?

Comments

• Options
    Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    yes, spurs after what they did last season
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I'm a Liverpool supporter but I have a huge soft spot for Chester. I try to get to any games I can when in Chester, especially after their recent troubles, but unfortunately I don't get their as much as I used to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davey84 wrote: »
    yes, spurs after what they did last season

Spurs are my other team if you will. About this time last year they gained my respect plus they are technically the closest premiership team to me if we;re getting technical!haha
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal fan who used to go and watch Leyton Orient also. I haven't been for a few years but I always look out for their results and would support them if my own team folded.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an Arsenal supporter and i look out for the results of Juventus and Real Madrid
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arsenal fan, but I have a soft spot for Millwall after I had a great run with them on a Football Manager game the other year. I also look out for the results of Dartford and Ebbsfleet, and go to the odd game if I can, since I live near them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you ever come accross people who sneer at you for liking another team?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeds fan but have a soft spot for Everton. Went to University in Liverpool and my bloke at the time was a Toffee fan. Took me to Goodison a few times.
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a soft spot for Millwall. In a non-escapable BOG.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal and Brighton fan- I love/support them both and now Poyet has us playing decent football we're the Arsenal of league 1 anyway!! :)

I go to more Brighton games as I live here but still see atleast 5 or 6 Arsenal games a year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    robborocks wrote: »
    Arsenal and Brighton fan- I love/support them both and now Poyet has us playing decent football we're the Arsenal of league 1 anyway!! :)

I go to more Brighton games as I live here but still see atleast 5 or 6 Arsenal games a year.

I watched Brighton (reserves) on Saturday. Didn't look that special - I've seen better in the Evo-Stik this season ;):D
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man City fan but I have a soft spot for Liverpool as my mum and brother were born there and my uncle took me to see my first match at Anfield against Notts Forest.
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Notts Forest.

Who? :confused:
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gateshead support through and through, soft spot for Newcastle as they are just over the Tyne, but the Heed are my priority.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Arsenal fan, but used to have a soft spot for Juve as watched them in the Platini/Boniek era in the old Stadio Communale and it was great. Stood next to a female fan who shrieked 'cuore' (run?) throughout and ate all our satsumas for us ;-)

For me varies season to season but generally have a slightly soft spot for Fulham and this season the Baggies. Always look for the Charlton result too as they are local.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite what the OP was asking but I know quite a few people who follow an English and a Scottish team.

Many of my friends follow and watch Barnet FC as a second team because of the cost of going to matches of the actual Premiership teams they support in London.
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have supported Newcastle United since I was young, and used to have a soft spot for Gateshead, but in the last few years have started getting in to Gateshead more and going to more of their matches. I now support Newcastle and Gateshead pretty much equally.

I still keep an eye out for AS Roma's results in Serie A, as I used to love watching Football Italia on Channel 4 in the nineties, and adopted them as my favourite team because they had some of my favourite players at the time e.g. Totti, Cafu, Delvecchio etc.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big mac wrote: »
    I have supported Newcastle United since I was young, and used to have a soft spot for Gateshead, but in the last few years have started getting in to Gateshead more and going to more of their matches. I now support Newcastle and Gateshead pretty much equally.

I still keep an eye out for AS Roma's results in Serie A, as I used to love watching Football Italia on Channel 4 in the nineties, and adopted them as my favourite team because they had some of my favourite players at the time e.g. Totti, Cafu, Delvecchio etc.

Just gutted the Barrow game has been called off tomorrow.

As I said, Gateshead is my main priority, being from the Heed, but I like to see Newcastle do well.

Do you get on the Heed forums at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just gutted the Barrow game has been called off tomorrow.

As I said, Gateshead is my main priority, being from the Heed, but I like to see Newcastle do well.

Do you get on the Heed forums at all?

I have lurked on those forums a few times, haven't actually posted, though.

With the weather like it is and Go North East buses being cancelled, it is probably no surprise that tommorow nights match has been postponed.

I wonder when they will reschedule, as there is no more home weeknight matches in the Conference after this one, I don't think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't ever have a soft spot for a team in the same league as the one I support (SPL) but I think if you watch another league then it's only natural you have some sort of soft spot for one team or another. Personally I like watching Arsenal because of the quality of football.
  • Options
    sicknote10sicknote10 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be big Spurs fan, but also followed Woking

Seem to have swapped over in recent years, nearly to the point I'm struggling to find time for Spurs! Tonight would have been my 50th game of the season involving a Woking team (I go to all first team, and as many reserve/u18/19 games as possible), but it's been called off :(
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal fan with a soft spot for Southampton.

Don't really know why but I've been rooting for them for years.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Spurs fan with a soft spot for Barnet, as they're my nearest team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I support Liverpool, but can't deny I have a soft spot for AC Milan. I think it must have something to do with memories from my youth of "Goooooolaccio!" on Sunday mornings on Channel 4. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reedflute wrote: »
    I support Liverpool, but can't deny I have a soft spot for AC Milan. I think it must have something to do with memories from my youth of "Goooooolaccio!" on Sunday mornings on Channel 4. :)

Football Italia with James Richardson was brilliant, wasn't it?