Options

Team Carla ot Team Leanne?

AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
Forum Member
✭✭
I have to say, as much as she has done wrong, I think I am in Team Leanne with this one, although I guess I'm probably going to be in the minority here. Loved it when she gave Carla a smack the other night.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    No, I am definately Team Leanne!
    Have always loved her :)
  • Options
    bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love both of them my two favourite characters as well as Sally so in two minds i want Leanne with Peter but also want her to get her just desserts by Carla and Peter being together but suppose can't have it both ways haha
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Carla!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Carla
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEAM CARLA!!!

I really like the character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Leanne, but Team Carla ;)

Although honestly it's not like either of them is an innocent party, but I can understand Carla more. She's at a really low point in her life and Peter's the only person who's been there for her, she develops feelings for him and becomes a bit dependent on him, and then she has to watch him planning to marry someone she knows is cheating on him? That's a hard situation to be in, I'm sure most people wouldn't be happy to sit idly by and let someone they care about marry someone who's having an affair with her ex. And to her - if she could convince Leanne it was Nick she should be with, then Nick/Leanne could get together and she could have Peter and then they'd all be happy :p

Whereas Leanne's problem was just that she couldn't keep it in her pants or decide who she wanted to be with. I thought Carla was harsh with what she said about palming Simon off and implying she was some sort of gold digger, but she was drunk, and they specifically showed us Carla seeing Leanne slope off with Nick after she agreed to marry Peter - so in Carla's eyes, even when Peter was close to death and Leanne was supposedly desperate to marry him, she was still having secret meetings with her bit on the side.

I really can't wait to see how it plays out now though, I love any Carla/Leanne scenes, they just work well together :D
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Carla.

dip dip dip my blue ship :D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Leanne :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love them both and without Simon I'd be totally team Carla. However Leanne has such a close bond with Simon that he'd be devastated if she and Peter broke up. Despite that Leanne has shown she's clearly got feelings for Nick and had the Tram crash not have happened then I suspect she might well have let Peter down in a gentle way mind, not wanting him to return to his alcoholic past.

The thing is I think Carla genuinely feels something for Peter and respects him wanting him to be happy. I don't know if her feelings are simply to do with the fact he's been there to help her but for once a man has cared for her without wanting her in a sexual way. I think she's jealous of Leanne and what she has and finds it incomprehensive that Leanne is willing to risk everything to play away with Nick.

Neither are clear-cut victims or bad girls in the situation. I think that's what makes it more intriguing. Leanne's made some mistakes but right now it's obvious she cares for Peter, though if he had not been at death's door would she have been so keen to marry him. After all who would be so callous to marry someone who is about to take their last breaths. Carla meanwhile is clearly torn up over Peter and is terrified she'll lose the one person whose been her support network. I would like to see Carla and Peter together for a little while at least simply because I find the chemistry between the actors convincing.
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I couldn't be more Team Carla if i tried! I think their chemistry is just incredible and I think the back-story behind it all is so intriguing - this is not a standard love triange, it has so much more emotion to it.

Mods, could we have a poll please?
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Team Leanne but i wish Tilsley would bog off
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne, Peter and Simon have only just become a family.
    Leanne said to Nick if I have meant anything to you, let me go, and he did. She married Peter. She and Simon are very close.

I fail to understand why anyone would want Peter and Leanne's marriage broken up when it has only just started. Give them a chance, please :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Carla.

dip dip dip my blue ship :D

:D:D

It's so hard to choose! I like them both... but if I had to, I'd probably be Team Carla... at least Leanne has Nick...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne, Carla is gonna turn bunni boiler
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I fail to understand why anyone would want Peter and Leanne's marriage broken up when it has only just started. Give them a chance, please :)

Because she cheated on him? If Peter found out about Nick and decided to forgive Leanne himself, then fair enough. But he still deserves to know that she was carrying on with Nick behind his back, especially as her feelings for him won't have just magically disappeared now she's chosen Peter..

I do feel sorry for Simon in the whole mess though :(
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Team Leanne, I despise the character Carla
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are we gonna see Peter finding out that Simon isn't his child after all?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love there seems to be a very distinct divide for both girls in this.

I'm quite excited to see were it goes just for this.

I really think it will depend on what happens when Peter wakes up and what Leanne does with what she knows.
    I don't expect to see Carla hanging around the hospital with Leanne now, so I'll probrably change my mind when I see were they go with it and maybe change my mind with what happens.

ATM though I am still leaning slightly towards Carla. Even if it's just for a little while.

I don't want to break up a family or anything and I think Leanne drew more points this week and I know how much she loves Simon.

I just think there is still a story there to tell, purely because they have not gone down the physical affair route. It doesnt feel like the obvious love triangle because it's much more based on emotion from the Carla and Peter point of view. Now Leanne knows I am interested to see if that is still going to be the case. Leanne is surely not going to be wanting Peter spending any time with Carla, plus Leanne still has her Nick secret of her own. So will see.

Also I havent forgotten that Peter and Carla were the last two people that Jack Duckworth spoke to before he died and he made a comment to Peter about 'the women he had' or something before he left. It could have been for the benefit of the story at the time which was still building, but it just also felt like it was a little too much of a set up.
  • Options
    eastboy1980eastboy1980 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Leanne without a doubt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Team Carla

Though I thought they both did fantastically this week!
  • Options
    Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be in anyone's team but I prefer Carla to Leanne. What she said to Leanne the other night was spot on, in my opinion.

(Jane Danson's performance during the week was brilliant, though)
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Leanne. Can't imagine Carla playing stepmum to Simon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone from really disliking Carla to really liking her now. I think she came into her own during the whole Tony siege storyline. I don't hate Leanne but I think Peter and Carla have a real chemistry between them and I'd like to see something develop between them.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like both characters but Carla annoys me the way her true loves always seem to be someone elses significant other!! I thought she deserved that slap the last night.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Leanne! Carla has got a nerve to lecture Leanne on morality and the rights and wrongs of cheating I think.