_radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh don't say that, I'm going to watch it tonight haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. One of the best horror movies I've seen in a while, even made me jump a bit.

I've just pre-ordered it on play.com and I'm not someone who buys loads of dvds.
  • Options
    marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Nope. One of the best horror movies I've seen in a while, even made me jump a bit.

I've just pre-ordered it on play.com and I'm not someone who buys loads of dvds.

Snap! :D
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't bad actually. Bit jumpy.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    God, it's not that bad...
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Mediocre; a copy of "Poltergeist" mostly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a bit like Poltergeist but Poltergeist still scares me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    find it stupid when people proclaim a film to be the worst film ever, completely forgetting the millions of straight to dvd crap films that the sci-fi channel love to show constantly.

watch a film called Blood Gnome and then come on here and still try to say Insidious is the worst film ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the OP seen The Room?:D
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was bloody crap
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got good reviews and was enjoyable enough. Fell apart in the final act though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Got round to seeing this last night what can I say....

Basically, it was 3 parts The Orphanage & 1 part Poltergeist, but not half as good as either.

It uses the oldest trick in the horror book - BOO! Made you jump! - repeatedly & the big bad monster just looked stupid. The acting was pretty good though & the music was excellent.

2 out 5 (imho)

PS - Did anyone notice the blackboard?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better than most of the ridiculous horrors released nowadays, i enjoyed it.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it. Some parts were creepy
    The figure behind the cot and when he's pacing outside her bedroom window then he's in the room
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this actually. It was like a version of Paranormal Activity where stuff actually happened. I like how they didn't go with the recent trend with just hinting at demons / monsters and actually showed them full-on.

Plus, I find Patrick Wilson insanely cute so I will enjoy watching him in anything!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    it was pretty much a 'horror by numbers' effort. Hats off to them though for steering the genre away from the tired macabre, slice n' dice to more supernatural horror but it's all been done before and much better. The last part really let it down though, if only Lin Shaye had got possessed by some of her Farrelly brothers characters, that would have been a hoot. :D
  • Options
    fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    no way seen much worse films
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    Worst film ever?

hardly....just a poor man's poltergeist
  • Options
    Mr PoeticMr Poetic Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best horrors Ive seen. I loved it, but then I haven't seen poltergeist so I didn't know it was a knock off

Still enjoyed it immensely though
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enjoyable scary film
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not terrible but not the best either but it is watchable and as some have already said it does have some jumpy moments.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    I was not over impressed. Somehow seen it all before and very similar in parts, to Paranormal Activity 2. Thought it started well the lost the plot a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first half was very good and quite scary, but it got ridiculous in the second half. The demon just wasn't believable and having prolonged shots ruined the mystery and made it quite funny. The ending twist was quite good, although a bit predictable, but the investigation part lets the whole film down.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    way too much sound effects, it was ridiculous.

And the twists at the end were pointless, could easily have ended the film before the twists started happening! It was like the writer ended the script,then saw he had some extra blank pages left so just filled it in with nonsense.

That's what the last 15-20 minutes were. Nonsense.

1/10.
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I really liked it myself, i'd been looking foward to it for age. I really like Paranormal activity 1&2, so I had a feeling i'd like this.
    Overall the film's really good in my opinion, however I think the ending's a bit dumb myself.

my score,

8.5-9/10 would've been 10 had it not been for the ending..