Options

Is there a cold going around?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
Forum Member
✭✭
I've come down with something today that feels very cold-like. I thought it was my allergies at first but then I slept all day (bar a couple of hours in the afternoon but even then I was still exhausted) and woke up about fifteen minutes ago with really achy limbs including eyelids, a tight chest and a bit of a cloudy head, bit fevered...

I haven't known anyone around me to be ill so I'm not sure where I picked this up, whatever it is, but it feels like a really nasty cold even though my nose isn't suffering as much as the rest of me.

If I'm still like this on Monday I'll go to the doctor but I'm just wondering if anyone else on here has experienced anything similar recently?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    There's always a cold going round.

I have just got over one.
  • Options
    snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence to you but you don't say what your location is and I guess it would be very difficult to say whether there is an illness going around like that in your specific location.

I would suggest ringing NHS Direct if you are worried to get advice and wait it out until Monday to get an appointment at the doctors if you're still worried.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    There definitely seems to something going around, my friends came back from Majorca last week coughing and spluttering, they always meet up with several other British couples over there and said that these folk weren't feeling great - they obviously passed it on to my friends. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snork wrote: »
    No offence to you but you don't say what your location is and I guess it would be very difficult to say whether there is an illness going around like that in your specific location.

I would suggest ringing NHS Direct if you are worried to get advice and wait it out until Monday to get an appointment at the doctors if you're still worried.

I'm in Kent, is that enough?

If I'm much worse tomorrow I may well ring them - thanks for the tip. I always forget about that option.
  • Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    there are 1000s of viruses about at anytime
    get some rest take some paracetamol
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday night, I felt a bit iffy. thursday, I went downhill during the day at work. Felt really cold, and very achy all over. Co-codamol kept a lot of the symptoms at bay for a few hours, but at one point the symptoms started coming back after 90 minutes.
    I went to bed as soon as I got in from work at 6, and couldn't talk for shivering, and the aches were awful. I had both all night. But I slept fairly well (for me) until 8 the next morming. At 9 I felt a bit better.
    At 11, I felt like I hadn't been ill at all. So strange. It lasted 36 hours. the lady I sit next to at work had exactly the same at the same time. It wasn't flu though. I've had flu, and this was nothing in comparison.

So yes, I'd say there is something doing the rounds at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Hmmm that sounds like what I have just got over.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I've finally got over the same thing but it's taken 2 weeks.

Began with a crashing migraine and pain in all my joints. Then for 10 days I produced my lifetime's supply of really hideous snot.

I found rum hot toddies helped.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep I've had the same for the last week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm certainly ill. Have got worse even since just posting here and can barely keep my head up so I'm going to try and rest it off, although so far it's kept me awake all night just from feeling so blegh.

Sorry to hear others have been ill. It's rotten.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way do I want to get a cold, or flu, as come this sun 3 July, I.m of on holiday to italy

To make sure I dont get any infection, have been taking precaustion, by taking various vitimins, and it seems to be working

had a slight ticky through, one that leads on to cold, well, it more or less cleared up, I guess in thanks to the vitamins, I have been taking
  • Options
    fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    yeah i have it
    my nose has been runny for a few days and it was either the cold or i was starting to get hayfever

it was the cold
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I'm in Kent, is that enough?

If I'm much worse tomorrow I may well ring them - thanks for the tip. I always forget about that option.

I am in Kent and I have a cold. It started as sinal and then a sore throat and then sneezes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in Kent and I have a cold. It started as sinal and then a sore throat and then sneezes.

I've got a horrible sore throat today, and am still tired and achy.

Hope you get better soon, stud. Long-lasting sore throats/colds are a bitch.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I've got a horrible sore throat today, and am still tired and achy.

Hope you get better soon, stud. Long-lasting sore throats/colds are a bitch.

Thank you and I hope you get well soon too.

Slightly headachey due to over excited budgie who loves his television.