Sam and Mark time to branch out from CBBC?

RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,940
Forum Member
✭✭
i think its time for Sam and Mark, who are currently presenting Comic Relief does glee club and have presented lots of childrens shows, to branch out into prime time BBC?

for example i could see them fronting a new version of Friends like these which Ant and Dec used to present.

does any1 agree?

Comments

• jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have a radio show on free radio but thats it. They could have been big back in the Pop Idol days but it never happened. Same with Dick and Dom they tried primetime on Sky1 and that didnt last
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    Only really if they can pull in big audiences with their shows.

TMI was pulling in about 400-500k on BBC Two on a Saturday morning. More recently, however, 'Big Friday Wind-up' is barely pulling in 200k viewers (especially for an hour long show).
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    TMI was pulling in about 400-500k on BBC Two on a Saturday morning. More recently, however, 'Big Friday Wind-up' is barely pulling in 200k viewers (especially for an hour long show).

I suspect half of that TMI figure was for the Flackster.

I don't think the Beeb want to be accused of foisting a Ced and Nat clone on us.

The ITV pair have managed the kids TV to adult TV transition very well.
    Sam and Mark are still at the paddling pool end I'm afraid
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its time for Sam and Mark, who are currently presenting Comic Relief does glee club and have presented lots of childrens shows, to branch out into prime time BBC?

for example i could see them fronting a new version of Friends like these which Ant and Dec used to present.

does any1 agree?

Yes. I agree. But my partner keeps swooning over Mark!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer them to Antandec..

They can both sing as well as present
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should both be locked in the broom cupboard - indefinitely.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Dick & Dom, they've left it too long. All successful childrens TV presenters grew their careers as the audience grew up. If you're around for more than one 'generation' (and in kids TV terms that tends to be 3-5 years or so) then you're probably not going to get anywhere. Those who have failed to get a big career tend to be the longer serving presenters.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, they might enjoy what they are doing, so why move onto something else if you don't really want to, and anjoy what you are doing?

If however they have tried and couldn't get anyone interested in them in more grown up shows, well that is a different matter altogether.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    Well, not sure if you count Sport/Comic Relief Does Glee Club as it did air on BBC One also.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always thought they were terrific together.

Ant & Dec just annoy the hell out of me. They are flogging so many dead horses on TV
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    I have always thought they were terrific together.

Ant & Dec just annoy the hell out of me. They are flogging so many dead horses on TV

The still keep winning awards, so they must be popular with some people....