Is it time we got a new voice over (bye bye Marcus Bentley?)

2»

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I would be upset if it ended on Channel 5. The last series murdered it and the winner tells you all you need to know.

The show could do with a year's rest and get it on a different channel.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I can't say I would be upset if it ended on Channel 5. The last series murdered it and the winner tells you all you need to know.

The show could do with a year's rest and get it on a different channel.

I wouldn't be either if was sure that a channel would be willing to take it under it's wing and nurse it back to health.

Even two years off air wouldn't do it any harm whilst a new series was carefully and intricately planned out - by a brand new production team of course.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved old Marcus, I don't like the character he has become.

I'd hate to see him leave and replaced with someone like Amy Childs "Izzit Day 1 lmao shut upppp"
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open auditions again would be a must and getting in Joe blogs from the street.
  • Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When ch5 took over BB the two things they kept the same was the BB theme music and Marcus Bently,if they had changed one or both it would never have felt like the old BB we know and love I would rather keep the original voice, I dont think it would be the same if he was replaced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The theme tune is in need of an update I'd say.

Oakenfold said he'd update it when it originally moved but 5 weren't interested.
    ( http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/PaulOakenfold/view/30473/ )

I'd like to see that BB Big Ears version used - that was great.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »

Oakenfold said he'd update it when it originally moved but 5 weren't interested.

I wasn't aware Paul was keen and had offered to remix his original theme, interesting.

I'm astounded that Channel 5 turned down his offer having acquired the show and were extremely keen to put their own spin in on it. He only wanted to remix it and update it, not alter it altogether! It wouldn't have harmed it in any way and would have given it more identity and personality under the C5 branding. I think they made a mistake and should reconsider if the show is to remain alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many people saying Marcus needs to stay etc. Absolutely you're entitled to your opinion but I feel that the wall paper inside the walls of the Big Brother house aren't priority.
    I actually think that there are many people that undervalue the value of a voice over - the truth is, he IS the voice of the show......... The show is tired....... CH5 didn't take any risks when they took the switch....... NOW IT'S TIME!!

What would instantly change the BB experience as a BB viewer? Is it the glass table in the dining area? Is it the colour of the walls? NOPE! ... It's the voice that informs us what goes on every night, that voice needs to change. It has too many negative associations with it (be it positive too).

Something massive needs to happen next year if it returns (which as a fan, I hope it does)
    I said it before and I'll say it again BBAU 2013 needs to be looked at - If BBUK can mirror some of their formats then we could have a pretty good show.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Although I created this post I did fail to mention:

I really think Big Brother in The Diary Room should just have just the one voice (again like BBAUS)
    It's very lazy of BBUK to have various behind the scenes team members to sit in as "BB" as the voice.
    One day it's a female, the next days it's an Irish male (and so on..) It's really inconsistent!!

Surely that isn't possible. How can one person be the voice of something that is supposed to be there 24/7 for the entire series?

On Marcus, I don't think he should be axed. As said above he's the link throughout the entire show and it would be strange having someone else there doing it.

I don't see how removing Marcus will help the show in any way. He plays such a small part that it's a pointless exercise.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I listened to BB Big Ears, (it was the online radio show that Iain Lee and Gemma Cairney did during BB9, wasn't it?), but I don't remember its theme. Is it available anywhere to listen to?
    soapnut wrote: »
    I wasn't aware Paul was keen and had offered to remix his original theme, interesting.

I'm astounded that Channel 5 turned down his offer having acquired the show and were extremely keen to put their own spin in on it. He only wanted to remix it and update it, not alter it altogether! It wouldn't have harmed it in any way and would have given it more identity and personality under the C5 branding. I think they made a mistake and should reconsider if the show is to remain alive.

If the tune ever was changed, I wouldn't want it to sound different. I really like the theme as it is. From about BB5/BB6 onwards, the tune does sound ever so slightly different than it did during BB1-BB4. If it did ever change, I'd only want it to be a very minor change like that.
  • Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus Bentley is top shekel and he's a stayer. For t'least I hope.

A prominent and bold staple in the tradition that is Big Brother. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I listened to BB Big Ears, (it was the online radio show that Iain Lee and Gemma Cairney did during BB9, wasn't it?), but I don't remember its theme. Is it available anywhere to listen to?

I don't think so, I've searched all over for it but no luck :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so, I've searched all over for it but no luck :(
    Don't know if it's any help, but post #9 here
    http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6023150
    suggests it might be part of the BB9 version, and not the original ElementFour track or the later Joyrider mix.
    You could try working from that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's any help, but post #9 here
    http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6023150
    suggests it might be part of the BB9 version, and not the original ElementFour track or the later Joyrider mix.
    You could try working from that.

If you mean post #8 - that's me :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean post #8 - that's me :p
    I did ... oops.
    and :D:D:D:D:D:D