Options

Conways Album???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
Forum Member
✭✭
Not sure if this has been said anywhere else but I was watching GMTV this morning and someone emailed in saying they were in ireland recently and the Conways already have an album out over there! The email person said surely this contest is for people without a record deal not for ones who want to publicisie themselves in a different country!!!

Plus in any other competition, people who know or are related to anyone involved in the competition aren't allowed to enter - why is this not the same with the X-Factor! I think it is all corrupt - clearly they put people through who their talent scouts have spotted over the years, not just randoms off the streets as they seem to claim!!!

Nat
xxx

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This point has been made in quite a few threads. Well worth repeating though - especially after Saturday's fiasco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cloud6 wrote:
    This point has been made in quite a few threads. Well worth repeating though - especially after Saturday's fiasco.

There are just too many threads to read through!!!!! :cool: :p:)

Nat
    xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    As far as I am aware, and I stand corrected if I am wrong, they do not have a record deal as such. They paid for the album to be produced themselves ( of their father did). ANYONE can do that, pay to hire a studio, produce an album and meet all costs themselves, then promote it and sell it themselves.

Same goes in the world of book publishing. ANYONE can get a book published if they are prepared to pay for it themselves. This is known in the trade as vanity publishing.

Makes me laugh all this Walshie matey thing, he has not signed them despite knowing them for years, surely that speaks volumes, these girls just cant take the hint.
  • Options
    Chocolate BunnyChocolate Bunny Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More than likely Walsh, Cowell and the Conways were going to see how things went on this, and then with the publicity they got from this show get something signed. I'm sure they had some sort of agreement before this show.

No doubt this will at least boost their career in Ireland, but I don't think anyone in this country is going to want to know now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugleefukka wrote:
    As far as I am aware, and I stand corrected if I am wrong, they do not have a record deal as such. They paid for the album to be produced themselves ( of their father did). ANYONE can do that, pay to hire a studio, produce an album and meet all costs themselves, then promote it and sell it themselves.

Same goes in the world of book publishing. ANYONE can get a book published if they are prepared to pay for it themselves. This is known in the trade as vanity publishing.

Makes me laugh all this Walshie matey thing, he has not signed them despite knowing them for years, surely that speaks volumes, these girls just cant take the hint.
    Good point I hadn't thought of that. Louis obviously doesn't think they'd make him money otherwise he's have signed then up long ago. What puzzles me is that guy from Westlife had them sing at his wedding.
    :eek: Why :confused::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    I'm sure quite a few of the acts have recorded albums before (especially the older artists), it's not that hard to record an album if you've got the cash or even learn how to do it yourself if you're technical enough, you can do it relatively cheap these days (in comparison to how much you'd have to pay a studio) with a reasonable PC and a couple of grands worth of recording gear.
  • Options
    Chocolate BunnyChocolate Bunny Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cloud6 wrote:
    Good point I hadn't thought of that. Louis obviously doesn't think they'd make him money otherwise he's have signed then up long ago. What puzzles me is that guy from Westlife had them sing at his wedding.

Because they're friends?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they're friends?
    A good friend would tell them not to give up the day job not make all their friends and family listen to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloud6 wrote:

Tone deaf?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    what i don't get about the conways is that i've seen them a few times supportng westlife and suchlike and they used to actually be ok. The blonde one used to sing more and to be honest she's much better than the scowly one - she just cojes across as a little madam i always think. As for performing at shanes wedding i'll never understand that. I think it might be because they supported WL at the homecoming gig in their home county of sligo about four months before the wedding. Like i said, back then they used to be quite good so i would think that's he asked them. As for being friends, i doubt very much westlife have anything to do with the conways other than from when theymight have met them with louis.

The X factor is a joke with louis anyway. Two of my friends from ireland whoused to be in a fairly well known boy band in ireland a few years back were owed a favour by louis last year so he actually rang them and told them to utrn up to the auditions. When they got there one of the researchers asked who were louis' people at which point three quarters of the room stuck up their hands. after the guys had performed they were told that they were going to be told that the judges weren't sure and to argue back with them so they'd be put through. The lads decided it wasn't worththe hassle so when they were 'doubtful,' they picked up their stuff thanked them and b*ggered offf- something to this day i'm proud ofthem for doing. Never owe louis walsh anything is the one thing i've witnessed over the years. Louis has an ability in ireland to make or break careers because he is caught up with so many media figures.

i'm so glad that finally people are seeing him for what he is - an arrogant, pathetic little man who will never be the mr big man in england that he wants to be coz eberyone here sees him for what he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes. "Conways album." Two of the scariest words in the English language.
  • Options
    marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloud6 wrote:

Because they are a small-time, nothing special band who
    are fine for background music and a bit of dancing at a wedding but will never be really serious artists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cloud6 wrote:
    What puzzles me is that guy from Westlife had them sing at his wedding.

Perhaps they wanted to guests to go home early :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what was on this album? Covers or original songs? Do they write their own stuff? Or cover anything that they have sung on X Factor; they seemed so keen to do "Hold On", I thought it might be an old favourite!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    hi i can tell you where to find the conways album and you can listen to clips of the songs.its not the worst ive ever heard.(still cant stand them though ).Im not sure if i can put links into thread im very new to the boards
  • Options
    CHaV sTicKCHaV sTicK Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote:
    what i don't get about the conways is that i've seen them a few times supportng westlife and suchlike and they used to actually be ok. The blonde one used to sing more and to be honest she's much better than the scowly one - she just cojes across as a little madam i always think. As for performing at shanes wedding i'll never understand that. I think it might be because they supported WL at the homecoming gig in their home county of sligo about four months before the wedding. Like i said, back then they used to be quite good so i would think that's he asked them. As for being friends, i doubt very much westlife have anything to do with the conways other than from when theymight have met them with louis.

The X factor is a joke with louis anyway. Two of my friends from ireland whoused to be in a fairly well known boy band in ireland a few years back were owed a favour by louis last year so he actually rang them and told them to utrn up to the auditions. When they got there one of the researchers asked who were louis' people at which point three quarters of the room stuck up their hands. after the guys had performed they were told that they were going to be told that the judges weren't sure and to argue back with them so they'd be put through. The lads decided it wasn't worththe hassle so when they were 'doubtful,' they picked up their stuff thanked them and b*ggered offf- something to this day i'm proud ofthem for doing. Never owe louis walsh anything is the one thing i've witnessed over the years. Louis has an ability in ireland to make or break careers because he is caught up with so many media figures.

i'm so glad that finally people are seeing him for what he is - an arrogant, pathetic little man who will never be the mr big man in england that he wants to be coz eberyone here sees him for what he is.
    That's very interesting... and that combined with some of the other stories leads me to believe that the entire programme is just a sham. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Marianneh79, I found the album on their website. It is original material, written by themselves, if anyone's interested. Not fantastic, but not terrible either, I'm sure that's what they'd rather be singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Marianneh79, I found the album on their website. It is original material, written by themselves, if anyone's interested. Not fantastic, but not terrible either, I'm sure that's what they'd rather be singing.

I agree. It's not my cup of tea, but it's not really bad. They would do better singing their own stuff on the show.

The picture on the album cover makes the blonde one look like the lead singer. Is she the actual lead singer? Has Simon changed their dynamic in the wrong way by making the sour faced one the lead singer :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote:
    Two of my friends from Ireland who used to be in a fairly well known boy band a few years back, were owed a favour by Louis last year so he actually rang them and told them to turn up to the auditions. When they got there, one of the researchers asked 'who were Louis' people?' at which point, three quarters of the room stuck their hands up. After the guys had performed, they were told that they were going to be told that the judges weren't sure and to argue back with them so they'd be put through. The lads decided it wasn't worth the hassle, so when they were 'doubted', they picked up their stuff and b*ggered off - something to this day I'm proud of them for doing.

Very interesting - I used a similar ploy to get seen myself at the private auditions and it worked a treat! I told the production staff at the sign-in desk that a certain X Factor Executive had told me to attend and they let me through straight away. I only had to wait a very short time before being seen despite turning up after everyone else! Incidentally, before my audition, I did toy with the idea of saying the same thing to the panel but decided against it as I'd already had my theory and some of the stories I had been told about the process, confirmed. Had I continued with my ploy, I wonder how far I would have got?!

Finally, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Conways had been told to do the same by Louis Walsh. One minute, they were on their own path with their album and appearances with such people as Tabby, the next, they had dropped everything to go on the show. Given their past history with Louis, what are the odds that their selection was entirely random from 75,000 people?
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Ever watched that scene from Shaun of the Dead where they toss some of his albums at the Zombies to kill/decapitate them. Thats what I would use the Conways album for. Mind you it would be someone elses collection, certainly not in mine. Even my mum thinks they are dire and she usually votes for crap singers like them.