HD BOX PROBLEMS re RECORDING AND VIEWING BOX

lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
Forum Member
✭✭
I wonder if anyone can help. We've had our Sky+HD box for just over 5 months with only minor problems eg picture freeze etc but tonight my the box has gone crazy. When recording it will not let me change channel. I've had to cancel the recording to be able to switch channels which is isn't exactly the point of Sky+ is it? I wasn't doing anything I haven't done before.:confused: I've tried switching off at the wall for a minute and replugging but the problem remains. The red light is now displayed as it is supposed to be recording something I set up earlier today but I won't be able to check if programme has actually recorded or not until later. And now I can't change channels again! Grrr!!!:mad: I'm not technically minded at all and do not understand the abbreviations for this equipment so I need an idiots guide. I'm hoping someone out there can help.

Also if Sky has to come out will I be charged as the box is still under it's year's guarantee?

Comments

• digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    Hi lotty,

OK. How is your signal (Go to Services, System Setup, System Details)? Are the bars above 50% ?

Next, try a Planner Rebuild (it won't wipe your recordings)

Go to Services, and press the following sequence without looking at the screen
    Select

This is the hidden installer setup. The buttons may not appear to do anything, but they do.
    Go down to option 7 (Sky+ Planner Rebuild), and go through the procedure. The box will reboot, leave it a few minutes.

Your box isn't overheating is it?

And nope, if you have to get Sky out you won't be charged.

Tom :)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Tom

I was going to wait until Trial and Retribution went off before I carried out your instructions but I've just tried to change channel and it's working again for some reason! It was wasn't working properly for hours and that's why I posted my message, then bingo, it seems to be working again!

Thanks very much for your help and I'm going to take a note of your info in case it does it again. I can't believe how quickly you responded and I'm very grateful. It's also a relief to know I wouldn't be charged by SKY.

Lotty:):D