The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All a bit dull today without the usual TextSanta special.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Chasers: remember - they're small samples on which to base a meaningful comparison: there are variations in teams and in the questions. Four people who provide a good mix of quick-thinkers in different fields of knowledge with no 'dud' members (like today's Lee) who buzz in gets it wrong, spoiling a chance for someone to get it right, is more likely to beat a Chaser than a team of one or two, especially with some tough questions.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    All a bit dull today without the usual TextSanta special.

That was last Saturday! :D
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,246
    Forum Member
    popamber wrote: »
    He's from that Blind Datey thing on Channel 4 where they go to a restaurant and they meet blind dates and get filmed

The Undateables?
    Could've been £5,000 each but because of Lee it's only £3,750.

That's not much of a difference. And without Lee's extra step they might have lost.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Lee wiped out his extra step and lost the team a couple by buzzing quickly for things he didn't know but the others may have got right. After that he wisely kept quiet to avoid making it worse. As it turned out he only lost them a bit of cash each which he'll spend.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    The Undateables?

It was First Dates.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know when they will air the remaining 3 Celebrity episodes, (One with Ray Mears, One with Ricky Tomlinson and one episode who I couldn't find out the celebrities for.) It's annoying when they tape a certain amount of episodes for 2014 and then don't schedule all of them. They taped 18 episodes and and an Xmas special and only broadcast 15 and the Xmas Special).
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No episode today but a repeat of The Cube. :(
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I got Pointless on.
    But Chase is better. :(
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As mentioned up thread a bit, I am going to be on this series. I filmed it back in April but still not bee given a screening date yet. Apparently they'll give two weeks notice once they set the running order.

Anyway, I probably won't pre-reveal when I'm on, but if you ever see someone pull 'Lesotho' out of thin air, that's me...
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    It's on now, it's a repeat, but I don't mind them too much.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    As mentioned up thread a bit, I am going to be on this series. I filmed it back in April but still not bee given a screening date yet. Apparently they'll give two weeks notice once they set the running order.

Anyway, I probably won't pre-reveal when I'm on, but if you ever see someone pull 'Lesotho' out of thin air, that's me...

I'll watch out for the Lesotho answer and put a face to your name, johnny_t :)

A repeat today and I remember this first guy.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    They were one of my favourite teams for some reason. Glad they won
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't quite remember the result of this game but they fully deserved their £8666.67 each, three good players too good for Anne, just :D
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Q:"What primary colour is Tartrazine?"

Anne answer wrong "Red" (a primary colour)

Correct answer given by team for a pushback "yellow"

Bit of a dodgy question there, yellow is not a primary colour.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Q:"What primary colour is Tartrazine?"

Anne answer wrong "Red" (a primary colour)

Correct answer given by team for a pushback "yellow"

Bit of a dodgy question there, yellow is not a primary colour.

Yellow is a primary colour for art and painting but not for light where they are red green and blue.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazed that Anne was not sure what a marimba is !!
    Even as a child I knew that it was a type of xylophone.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    They were one of my favourite teams for some reason. Glad they won
    Seriously? I thought they were horrible to Anne with some of their comments and behaviour, especially the female at the end and the wrestling guy all the way through. Was actually rooting for Anne to win!!!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Seriously? I thought they were horrible to Anne with some of their comments and behaviour, especially the female at the end and the wrestling guy all the way through. Was actually rooting for Anne to win!!!

That fella with the beard was an arrogant and gloating pig after Anne didn't beat them. It's always the same.....they wait until they've won before they start gloating. I like the ones who are dignified when they've won.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That fella with the beard was an arrogant and gloating pig after Anne didn't beat them. It's always the same.....they wait until they've won before they start gloating. I like the ones who are dignified when they've won.

The banter during the game is good but the gloating afterwards is not. The stupid thing is that in a straight fight the chasers would win every time so gloating is never justified.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Chase all day today on Challenge. Did Bradley just pronounce lieutenant, lootenant? :o
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.. this is really lame.. It`s a Christmas special and the contestants are someone from Corrie called Paula Lane.. no idea who she is and a school teacher from Yorkshire. :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chase all day today on Challenge. Did Bradley just pronounce lieutenant, lootenant? :o

I can't see any other way of pronouncing it. If I say leootenant, that just sounds weird.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I can't see any other way of pronouncing it. If I say leootenant, that just sounds weird.

Its pronounced left-enant here I think normally, loo-tenant in the States
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazed that Anne was not sure what a marimba is !!
    Even as a child I knew that it was a type of xylophone.

I didn't know what a marimba is, then again, what the f**** is a xylophone, I'm taking it some sort of new smart phone, or iz I stewpid or wot...innit :)
This discussion has been closed.