Options

2 Broke Girls (E4, UK Pace, No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,715
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Really enjoyed last week's episode with the introduction of the new gay waiter Luis. He was quite funny but why they need add a brand new character when they already have Han, Oleg, Earl and Sophie is beyond me.
    Unfortunately, I found him stereotypical, which dulled his introduction for me. Still quite funny though :)
    Although i have noticed that Sophie has started getting less screentime this season compared to Season 2 where she was hilarious in here scenes.
    Thank goodness, I say. Don't like the character at all.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Luis as well - a complete cliche, but had some good lines and one particular scene where Kat Dennings was clearly doing her level best not to mess up :)

I don't mind if they introduce new characters as long as the two girls get the lion's share of the screen time though.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I found him stereotypical, which dulled his introduction for me. Still quite funny though :)

They're all stereotypes. :D It's pretty much what the show bases it's humour on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't say I've noticed it before, really.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcsucks wrote: »
    I love this show but Beth Behr's voice can be irritating also I hate the sophie character she is just not funny.

I quite like Jennifer Coolidge, Sophie Kaczynski in 2 Broke girls, she played Stifler's mom in American Pie.
    Let's be fair, she is only following direction, and speaking her lines how the director tells her to, so although you may not warm to Sophie, it isn't really Jennifer's fault.
    I hear you on Beth Behr's voice though, (no pun intended), I didn't think anyone's voice could be such a turn off as Cheryl Cole's, but although Beth's is annoying, Cole's nauseating voice is the outright winner in the reach for the off switch stakes.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught the 'cronuts' episode. Is that actually a thing now - cronuts? I'm sure it's real but i haven't come across it where i live. Has anyone else come across them before anywhere? Or even tasted one?

Decent episode though. Loved the pre-credits Rajeev Guttikonda scene with Max! :D
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cronuts is a 'thing' in the US. I think a few bakeries do it over here.

I find Sophie's character a bit boring now, but it still is one of the funniest US comedies on TV.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Just caught the 'cronuts' episode. Is that actually a thing now - cronuts? I'm sure it's real but i haven't come across it where i live. Has anyone else come across them before anywhere? Or even tasted one?

Decent episode though. Loved the pre-credits Rajeev Guttikonda scene with Max! :D

I think cronuts are coming to greggs.
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just see the Luis episode, the one with the cappuchino machine, the best episode in ages. Love this show.
  • Options
    BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas why this has gone off again and not back til April?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    C4 being idiots is the only thing I can think of :D
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member

and big bang off to April aslo>:(
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ugh .. didn't know this .. at the rate they're messing around with these shows, i'm half tempted to go US pace on them, but then they probably have just as many breaks in the states as well so you can't win either way.

last week's was episode 10 and they're due to show episode 16 in the states tomorrow so I can't see how there's any possible way we could have caught up ?
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    It's only been back 2 or 3 weeks. Ridiculous
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not liking the Pastry School scenes, we need to get back to the diner and more knob gags about Oleg.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I'm not liking the Pastry School scenes, we need to get back to the diner and more knob gags about Oleg.

Agreed. Don't like Max's boyfriend either, a lot of the humour has gone. Get back to the cafe and penis jokes,
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    and big bang off to April aslo>:(

It is SO frustrating to watch a programme, enjoy the new episodes, only to be told that yet again, there is to be a break and repeats shown for the next few months. WHY!! They did the same with The Big Bang Theory, showed a few new episodes and then bam..............I am so glad I now have WATCHEVER (on demand TV) as I can at least see Two Broke Girls without adverts but sadly they charge extra for uptodate episodes of TBB!!!

I love Sophie on Two Broke Girls, I think she is terrific. They could use her character a lot more. After all she heads a cleaning company!!!!One of the best episodes for me was when the girls worked for Sophie and Beth had no idea how to clean!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else is still watching this, i am. I think it's a good show and when it's on its game, it's very enjoyable and very funny. I love the dirty jokes and crude humour, doesn't get old at all but i just had to mention it for the last episode which featured Lindsey Lohan. It was on tonight and it was terrible. I have no idea why they felt the need to have Lohan appear for an ep but it was a bad move. Rubbish episode, not funny and she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag! Her lines and delivery was stilted, there was nothing natural about her acting and she had nothing on Dennings and Behr who are completely terrific in the roles of Max and Caroline.

This season for me has been a bit patchy. Oleg has virtually disappeared, i don't know why. He was one of the best things about Season 1 and 2. Sophie who i hated at first but grew to love due to her comedic chops i find is always hilarious but there's not enough of her. Earl and Han seem to have less scenes. Luis the new waiter in the restuarant appeared for about 4 eps at the start of the season and then just disappeared! I liked the addition of Zeke from The Bitch In Apartment 23 who appeared in about a dozen or so episodes, he added another dimension to the show and seemed to have genuine chemistry with Max but it looks like his arc has now finished.

For me the show has always worked best when it's set in the restaurant and features the main cast or even when it's set outside and still includes the main cast, but when you add new things like for example last season they gave the girls their own cupcake shop, that storyline just completely fell flat and wasn't funny at all. I thought this season the pastry school setting worked well cos you had Zeke there plus Chloe from 24 who was very amusing and the sleazy Chef which made it all enjoyable. It could be better but they need to bring the whole cast together rather than just Max and Caroline going off and doing their own thing which is always hit and miss depending on how good the storyline and writing is.

Only 3 eps left till the season ends. Hope it goes out on a high.
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone else is still watching this, i am. I think it's a good show and when it's on its game, it's very enjoyable and very funny. I love the dirty jokes and crude humour, doesn't get old at all but i just had to mention it for the last episode which featured Lindsey Lohan. It was on tonight and it was terrible. I have no idea why they felt the need to have Lohan appear for an ep but it was a bad move. Rubbish episode, not funny and she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag! Her lines and delivery was stilted, there was nothing natural about her acting and she had nothing on Dennings and Behr who are completely terrific in the roles of Max and Caroline.

This season for me has been a bit patchy. Oleg has virtually disappeared, i don't know why. He was one of the best things about Season 1 and 2. Sophie who i hated at first but grew to love due to her comedic chops i find is always hilarious but there's not enough of her. Earl and Han seem to have less scenes. Luis the new waiter in the restuarant appeared for about 4 eps at the start of the season and then just disappeared! I liked the addition of Zeke from The Bitch In Apartment 23 who appeared in about a dozen or so episodes, he added another dimension to the show and seemed to have genuine chemistry with Max but it looks like his arc has now finished.

For me the show has always worked best when it's set in the restaurant and features the main cast or even when it's set outside and still includes the main cast, but when you add new things like for example last season they gave the girls their own cupcake shop, that storyline just completely fell flat and wasn't funny at all. I thought this season the pastry school setting worked well cos you had Zeke there plus Chloe from 24 who was very amusing and the sleazy Chef which made it all enjoyable. It could be better but they need to bring the whole cast together rather than just Max and Caroline going off and doing their own thing which is always hit and miss depending on how good the storyline and writing is.

Only 3 eps left till the season ends. Hope it goes out on a high.

Yeah the Lindsay Lohan episode really was terrible, the girls still made it entertaining, but Lindsay's acting made me cringe through the episode. If she said 'and now I'm thinking' one more time I was going to scream. I hope the season ends out on a high, but with the girls still working in the diner/cupcake shop. That's where the show works best, as an ensemble cast.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank goodness, I say. Don't like the character at all.

ditto, never liked Sophie - find her seriously annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better episode tonight. The last 10mins with Max and Caroline deciding to go through with shagging Lester was hilarious. The table meeting at the start with all 5 of them was also very good! Great lines from everyone. Very funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good finale send-off of Season 3 of 2BG. Max getting her diploma was a very heart-warming episode.

Very clever of them to sneak in and promote Google Glasses on the show, however i don't think Sophie was the best choice of character for that! :D

Best line of the episode was Caroline at the start mentioning the yacht! Saucy! ;-)

Oleg stole the show and had the best laughs - women allowed to vote?! Cracked myself up there! Hilarious! :D

Roll on Season 4 next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 4 returns on Thurs 29th Jan at 8:30pm.

8.30pm eh? Does that mean it's not as 'adult' as it used to be?
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4 returns on Thurs 29th Jan at 8:30pm.

8.30pm eh? Does that mean it's not as 'adult' as it used to be?

oh super no i should think it will have late night showing
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reckon the 8.30 showing this week is going to be cut to bits?