The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly the greatest sporting upset ever. Remarkable!!!!

I'm betting on them getting relegated next year:D
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just amazing! I had so much work to get done before tomo, but couldn't not watch that second half!

What a performance this season! So well deserved!
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Possibly the greatest sporting upset ever. Remarkable!!!!

I'm betting on them getting relegated next year:D

You're all heart! :o:D

Not quite on the same level, but would be huge for this area. Plucky little Burton Albion are 1 point away from the Championship and back to back promotions. They only got promoted to the FL in 2009.

My team will always and forever be Liverpool, but Burton have been a good back-up in our seasons of mediocrity and I go to a few matches now and again as my friends all support them and I can't afford the tickets and travel for Premier League prices! The true Brewers will want to lynch me though - I was dragged along in 09, gatecrashing the promotion party in Torquay and I'll be going to Doncaster next Sunday to gatecrash that one! :blush::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be shocked if they finish top half next season but I doubt any fan of theirs could care less. Oh to be one of their fans tonight.

And to top off a great Monday, Dundee Utd got relegated from the SPL:D
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be shocked if they finish top half next season but I doubt any fan of theirs could care less. Oh to be one of their fans tonight.

And to top off a great Monday, Dundee Utd got relegated from the SPL:D

BBG! :D You dont know how happy this makes me! Being from Dundee, and a Dundee fan, living through the highs and lows when United laughed at them, and now they are going down!!! And the fact its because its because a Dundee derby makes it even better!

I'm a Dundee and Celtic fan though bbg, so we will disagree on that! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    BBG! :D You dont know how happy this makes me! Being from Dundee, and a Dundee fan, living through the highs and lows when United laughed at them, and now they are going down!!! And the fact its because its because a Dundee derby makes it even better!

I'm a Dundee and Celtic fan though bbg, so we will disagree on that! :D

I'll let you off with that one. I'm a bit gutted for Lorraine Kelly, I do like her but the chairman is the most horrible man in football who took so much joy in Rangers demise. Karma
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last day of the football season today. Seeing the Burton fans in the party mood is a real kick in the gonads.

At least it's shorts and sunnies weather. 😎
    Forum Member
    Little Burton Albion did it!! Hotter than fire in that mobile oven called the coach! Non-league just 7 years ago and now in the Championship with a 7k capacity stadium! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Little Burton Albion did it!! Hotter than fire in that mobile oven called the coach! Non-league just 7 years ago and now in the Championship with a 7k capacity stadium! :D

Oh so you were at the match yesterday?

A big congratulations anyway and it looked like you guys were having ALOT of fun. :D
    Forum Member
    spindiddly wrote: »
    Oh so you were at the match yesterday?

A big congratulations anyway and it looked like you guys were having ALOT of fun. :D

Certainly was! The party mode had been activated before getting on the coaches I think, I thought I'd got lost on my way to comic con/Disneyland the amount of people that'd gone all out in the dressing up game. :D I feel sorry for the poor buggers that had to do all the clearing up of balloons and streamers - the local party shops in Burton had been cleared of any yellow/black stock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly was! The party mode had been activated before getting on the coaches I think, I thought I'd got lost on my way to comic con/Disneyland the amount of people that'd gone all out in the dressing up game. :D I feel sorry for the poor buggers that had to do all the clearing up of balloons and streamers - the local party shops in Burton had been cleared of any yellow/black stock.

I loved seeing all the Burton fans all dressed up and partying (apart from the envy) and Mr. Announcer coming on to try and get everyone to stay in their seats was just ridiculous. Never going to happen. :p

It's a great rise from Conference to Championship. Similar to what we were doing 10 years ago. I hope you sustain it better than we have though.
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet President Hollande gets sick of holding these bloody press conferences. Such a shame. :(

Doesn't seem to be a good time for France in recent years...
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of France.. ;-)

I came across a bonkers Paddy Power ad for the Euro 16 football tournament to be held in France from 10 June to 10 July 2016..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLq340eDTCA

"Paddy Power has spared no expense for the ad, with a host of big name Scottish celebrities lining up alongside Michelle McManus, including The Krankies, ex-footballers Frank McAvennie and Andy Goram, and even a cameo from the Loch Ness Monster."

:D
    Forum Member
    I've found the perfect pet for you Foxy!

I'm not sure of the legality of actually owning a fox, but this just might be the next closest thing. :D It is cuteness off the scale and those eyes!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/mya-the-fox-dog?bftw&utm_term=.yabDNzQ8Z#.acrVYQrR8
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've got my next two jaunts away booked! Would be grateful on tips/ recommendations if you've been to either.

I'm off to Ljubljana in September for a week and then Oslo (yes, I know I'm going to be bankrupted) in November (yes, I know I'm going to freeze to death) for three nights.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found the perfect pet for you Foxy!

I'm not sure of the legality of actually owning a fox, but this just might be the next closest thing. :D It is cuteness off the scale and those eyes!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/mya-the-fox-dog?bftw&utm_term=.yabDNzQ8Z#.acrVYQrR8

Thank you Lisa this is so gorgeous! :D

Owning a fox is indeed legal but one hell of a hard job, they wee on everything they own!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Lisa this is so gorgeous! :D

Owning a fox is indeed legal but one hell of a hard job, they wee on everything they own!

Aww, I did think of you on my night shift last week as a fox was foraging the bins in one of our less salubrious market towns on CCTV :D

I thought of you because it was a fox I should add, NOT because you are regularly seen foraging in dustbins :blush:
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Aww, I did think of you on my night shift last week as a fox was foraging the bins in one of our less salubrious market towns on CCTV :D

I thought of you because it was a fox I should add, NOT because you are regularly seen foraging in dustbins :blush:

I had one wake me up last night at about 3am, have you ever heard one scream? It's the most terrifying sound to hear when you live in a former vicarage next to a chruchyard, it honestly sounds like a woman being murdered. :o

And how do you know I don't go scavenging around bins? Waste not want not I say. :kitty:

I don't! :blush:
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    I've got my next two jaunts away booked! Would be grateful on tips/ recommendations if you've been to either.

I'm off to Ljubljana in September for a week and then Oslo (yes, I know I'm going to be bankrupted) in November (yes, I know I'm going to freeze to death) for three nights.

In Oslo there's a lovely painting you could go and see, of Kaliopi at the end of her performance this year ;-)

https://signposts02.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/the-scream.jpg
    Forum Member
    I had one wake the up last night at about 3am, have you ever heard one scream? It's the most terrifying sound to hear when you live in a former vicarage next to a chruchyard, it honestly sounds like a woman being murdered. :o

Lots of countryside and woodland around where I live, so I can hear the foxes now it's too hot to not have the window open at night. It really does sound like the screams of a woman being attacked, it's horrible. :(
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oslo is super expensive nearly £7 for 300mls of beer, however if you are looking for a decent hotel I recommend City Box Oslo, its cheap and they have a large communal area with a fridge to store supermarket brought beer, the Vinmonopolet is ridiculously expensive over £30 for Smirnoff vodka so probably best getting some here before you leave. Frogner park for sight seeing and a trip up the opera house is worth the effort. one thing is you won't get a decent cup of coffee though or Kaffe as its called, probably the best one I had was in the burger king. Its probably worth getting an Oslo pass though
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Oslo is super expensive nearly £7 for 300mls of beer, however if you are looking for a decent hotel I recommend City Box Oslo, its cheap and they have a large communal area with a fridge to store supermarket brought beer, the Vinmonopolet is ridiculously expensive over £30 for Smirnoff vodka so probably best getting some here before you leave. Frogner park for sight seeing and a trip up the opera house is worth the effort. one thing is you won't get a decent cup of coffee though or Kaffe as its called, probably the best one I had was in the burger king. Its probably worth getting an Oslo pass though

Cheers Phil! You were there the week of MelFest, weren't you?

BiB - that's the hotel I'm looking at! I got my flights through Norwegian (dead cheap!) but have yet to book a hotel.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey 21stC! If you've got any interest at all in history don't miss out on the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo. To actually stand next to a pretty much complete Viking longboat is something else. Looking at it all you can think is...."You crossed the North Sea in things like that?!?!?":o

For stunning views across Oslo head for the Holmenkollen Ski Museum & Tower. Standing at the top looking down the slope isn't for the faint hearted though.

Enjoy your trip.:)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Phil! You were there the week of MelFest, weren't you?

BiB - that's the hotel I'm looking at! I got my flights through Norwegian (dead cheap!) but have yet to book a hotel.

Yeah, the hotel was great proper central to most things and down the road from central station and loads of trams. No TV in the room but one in the communal area, I would say it was like a cross between a hotel and hostel, I was on a very strict budget and so can't recommend any restaurants but a large Mcdonalds is over 100 NOK, Burger Kings slightly cheaper but there's plenty of 7-11s around for hot take away meals.
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Yeah, the hotel was great proper central to most things and down the road from central station and loads of trams. No TV in the room but one in the communal area, I would say it was like a cross between a hotel and hostel, I was on a very strict budget and so can't recommend any restaurants but a large Mcdonalds is over 100 NOK, Burger Kings slightly cheaper but there's plenty of 7-11s around for hot take away meals.

Do the rooms have private bathrooms? That's kind of a dealer breaker for me when I'm viewing potensh rooms.