DSFE 78: The Ny-Ålesund of Music!

Comments

• AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Justin used the random number generator as usual for country allocation; there are always going to be some less immaculate pairings. Also I think we're still around 20 players so everyone should still get a third country!
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,194
    Forum Member
    No post-Eurovision bounce?
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    As far as I can tell, no one particularly likes their countries, so I hardly think I'm being biased in any way. :)

We're currently at 19 entries! Players are as follows:

Alexos
    AxG
    BethnalGreen
    Carlisle156
    ChickenFromKiev
    GreekFan
    Gwen 404
    jackel1234
    jag02010
    Lurker62
    March Mornings
    MiesBouwman
    mikabv
    nunaney
    Pooley
    TerryP
    thengp12
    yoshi94
    Yugimuto1
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    i actually love both my countries.
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be worth dropping King Kunta a PM, he seemed to think last night that he missed the chance to sign up and might not return unless we tell him it's not too late :)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Managed to find two entries I really love - that's the strategy I'm going with this edition because I'm not expecting much results wise! :p

Oh and I was joking about bias. :p
    Forum Member
    Shall I post on the big thread to inform everyone about this? I think the crazies have left us now (although we're still on the homepage - is it our home now?)
    Forum Member
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Shall I post on the big thread to inform everyone about this? I think the crazies have left us now (although we're still on the homepage - is it our home now?)

If you'd like to! :) I'm currently in the airspace of Detroit MI and as such cannot do a big post (on my phone here) but we could always use more players!
    Forum Member
    I have been in 5 states in the past 72 hours, y'all, so I'm really sorry for any delays in getting back to people or problems with countries/entries! Thank you all for being so patient. Next week will be even crazier (I think that one is 6 states in 72 hours), so thanks also to Alex for the assist :kitty:
    Forum Member
    Wow, what ARE you doing?! :o
    Posted in the big thread, btw :)
  • King KuntaKing Kunta Posts: 6,086
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    It might be worth dropping King Kunta a PM, he seemed to think last night that he missed the chance to sign up and might not return unless we tell him it's not too late :)

I've been informed now, I assumed once countries got sent out that was it, I need to read things properly :blush:
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Managed to find two entries I really love - that's the strategy I'm going with this edition because I'm not expecting much results wise! :p

That makes both of us, no stratedy picks for this edition :p
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    That makes both of us, no stratedy picks for this edition :p

In all fairness, the only other three contests I've done that were DSFE 72 (my first top 10 and my first SF topper), DSFE 75 (my best ever result) and DSFE 77 (my first QF topper). So maybe I've got some high hopes? :blush::p
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    In all fairness, the only other three contests I've done that were DSFE 72 (my first top 10 and my first SF topper), DSFE 75 (my best ever result) and DSFE 77 (my first QF topper). So maybe I've got some high hopes? :blush::p

I've always sent entries that I'd listen to in my free time apart from Algeria last contest ( strategy entry ) and that Blue song back in contest 69 ( well, Cyprus is hard and I was kind of drunk while entering it )
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I've always sent entries that I'd listen to in my free time apart from Algeria last contest ( strategy entry ) and that Blue song back in contest 69 ( well, Cyprus is hard and I was kind of drunk while entering it )

I've never sent entries I haven't liked at least (except Norway in 65 and the irrational Serbian entry of 75 because I wanted to have both Serbia and Montenegro :p) but I rarely love all the entries I send in the same contest. There's usually one (Kazakhstan in 66, Azerbaijan in 67, Switzerland in 68, Belgium in 73, Russia in 75) that I don't love. :blush::p

I've added a lot of my entries to my Spotify playlist though unsurprisingly. :p
    Forum Member
    Hello from the airspace! We currently have 20 participants. In the event we don't get any more, everyone will be assigned a 3rd random country. Be on the look out for these!
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *waits in eager anticipation* :)
    Forum Member
    When would these be handed out? Friday? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I just thought that for the last few contests we have put countries like Bosnia up as a first come first served extra country? Does that mean we are not doing that this time round and that some poor soul has been assigned Bosnia! :o:p
    Forum Member
    Actually, I just thought that for the last few contests we have put countries like Bosnia up as a first come first served extra country? Does that mean we are not doing that this time round and that some poor soul has been assigned Bosnia! :o:p

That would explain people's horror at their countries. ;):p
    Forum Member
    When would these be handed out? Friday? :)

All will be revealed in time. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jag02010 wrote: »
    All will be revealed in time. :)

You're such a tease :p
    Forum Member
    Back by popular demand are everyones' favorite countries!

AZERBAIJAN
    BELARUS
    BOSNIA + HERZEGOVINA
    GEORGIA
    KAZAKHSTAN
    MACEDONIA
    MONTENEGRO
    SLOVENIA

As always, these are first-come, first-served. Please PM BOTH ALEXOS AND I the name of the country you want and your entry in order to be in the running. I hope you're all ready because these highly fantastic countries normally go pretty fast! :D

Additionally, 3rd randomly assigned countries are being sent to players now. We hope you enjoy these more than you apparently enjoyed your other countries ^_^
    Forum Member
    SLOVENIA HAS BEEN CLAIMED. The other 7 still remain.
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosnia and Azerbaijan research proposals have been submitted for assessment.