' Bitchy Judge Jason Gardiner is Being Investigated By Watchdogs.' - Ofcom.....!!!!

124»

Comments

• DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Only a few hours to go now, Jason seemed on good form on Loose Women on Wednesday, lets all hope that he gets through the whole show tonight without making any personal attacks on the contestants, and we can all get on with enjoying the ice dancing.

But if he makes no bitchy comments tomorrow night then you will have nothing to complain about. (So that could be good for us)
  • blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a few hours to go now, Jason seemed on good form on Loose Women on Wednesday, lets all hope that he gets through the whole show tonight without making any personal attacks on the contestants, and we can all get on with enjoying the ice dancing.

I enjoy it anyway, and wouldnt if Jason wasnt there.

I watched that fame academy dancing thingy last week, and all the judges were so nice it was deadly boring. Will not be watching it again.

AJ, had you thought of not watching DOI as Jason upsets you so much and spoils your enjoyment? You do have a choice!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I don't actually have a problem with him!
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely people are not seriously complaining to ofcom about his critisisms! Political correctness going from madness to complete barking mad.

My advice to them is to suggest that with respect they do not watch the show if he upsets or offends them, because he is paid to critisise, it is part of the show the contestants know it is going to happen, and while I thought Ellery should have stayed, I was glad he went when he started whinning about Jason, like a big girls blouse.
  • Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    THe whole PC & Race relations industry and industry is what it is worries me. It has moved on from trying to improve things to trying to cause problems. The effect of this is any minor thing results in hundreds of complaints

So we get people complaining about Jason remarks you get people complaining that Ellery being voted off was racist.

Almost no remark orcomment can no be made without someone complaining its bullying or racists.

The real problem though is it detracts from real incidents of racism or bullying which fortunatly are pretty uncommon.
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob22A, It is Jason who has been responsible for all these personal attacks against contestants, and he is quite rightly being investigated by OFCOM, and now that Roxanne one of the contestants that he has abused and commented about getting her off the show, has called for his sacking, his position is now untenable, and he should do the decent thing and pack his bags and resign to save the show.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Bob22A, It is Jason who has been responsible for all these personal attacks against contestants, and he is quite rightly being investigated by OFCOM, and now that Roxanne one of the contestants that he has abused and commented about getting her off the show, has called for his sacking, his position is now untenable, and he should do the decent thing and pack his bags and resign to save the show.
    I don't see why Roxy should have so much influence, to be honest.
    And neither do I agree that his position is untenable.
    I still cannot see anything abusive or racist in his comments.
    Mountains and molehills spring to mind.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I take his comments quite lighthearted, I don't think he means to cause any upset and the mr potato head actually made me laugh :o It was the way he moved not that he looked like one... Coleen laughed at the gingerbread man... I take it quite lighthearted and I think he speaks his mind and that is a good thing.

Yes sometimes I feel he can give harsh marks sometimes but he is honest and says what he feels. Some others hold back I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness Gracious, Sunday Sun I agree with you for once:D:)!
    Forum Member
    Me too, SS! *whispers, still won't vote though, tart that I am!**
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason has said in an number of interviews that he only has a few seconds to get his point across, therefore, he uses strong visual imagery to help him do that.

Unfortunately, we can't read his mind and he therefore needs to follow through and explain what he means by comments like "Mr Potato Head." Those comments on their own aren't helpful - he needs to give the contestants something to work on.

While I thought he went a bit too far in his comments to Roxy on occasion, I don't think he means to make personal attacks. It's just that if he doesn't follow through, then his comments can be open to misinterpretation.

Reporting him to Ofcom seems a bit extreme though, when all he needs to do is be just a little bit more detailed in his comments.
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Only a few seconds to put his points across'. He comes across as more of a performer who has been rehersing his 'Personal attacks' back stage in his dressing room in front of a mirror, definitly not spontaneous.
    Forum Member
    'Only a few seconds to put his points across'. He comes across as more of a performer who has been rehersing his 'Personal attacks' back stage in his dressing room in front of a mirror, definitly not spontaneous.
    That's irrelevant, imo.
    He still has only a few seconds airtime to comment, whether he thought of the comment five minutes before or three years before.
    Nobody has said it was spontaneous.
    The point is that when he is asked to comment on the live show, he does have only seconds to say his piece before the show moves on.
  • Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    Kilimanjaro: The Big Red Nose Climb

Every step and stumble of their climb is documented, in what is guaranteed to be tough, entertaining

12 Mar 2009, 20:00 on BBC One
  • SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do celebrities do things like this? It's always struck me as rather pointless. Like crossing a desert on a bicycle and similar.

Why don't they do something useful like, say, see how many acres of trees they can plant within a certain length of time, or how many wells they can organise the digging of.

I know I'm probably in a minority, sorry, it just irritates me when celebs and others do something like this "for charity", it smacks of doing something they always wanted to do anyway and getting someone else to pay for it using a charity as an excuse and way to draw money in.
    Forum Member
    Why do celebrities do things like this? It's always struck me as rather pointless. Like crossing a desert on a bicycle and similar.

Why don't they do something useful like, say, see how many acres of trees they can plant within a certain length of time, or how many wells they can organise the digging of. I know I'm probably in a minority, sorry, it just irritates me when celebs and others do something like this "for charity", it smacks of doing something they always wanted to do anyway and getting someone else to pay for it using a charity as an excuse and way to draw money in.
    Do you know, I've always thought this as well but never dared voice it for fear of being moaned at? I did mention it once to my birth mother, and she said I ought to be thankful that they're doing anything at all and that it doesn't matter what they did as long as money was raised. So I shut up!