No Feelings Tracy Barlow

abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tracy Barlow is the most vile character ever. I would hate to think it, but if something were to happen to her Mother or daughter would she be like, 'so...what's for tea then?'
Has she really got a swinging BRICK as a heart?

Comments

• callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a terribly written and badly acted character. I don't get it when people think she is funny, she is a really repulsive individual with no redeeming qualities. And the fact she sold Albert Tatlock's medal (which she has no rights over) without any remorse is just disgraceful, but of course she gets off with it. Sick of her stupid schemes, it's amazing how she gets off with everything.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the Corrie equivalent of Charity Macey, in Emmerdale both are teflon coated. Perhaps it is something to do with having the same producer?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the Corrie equivalent of Charity Macey, in Emmerdale both are teflon coated. Perhaps it is something to do with having the same producer?

I like Emma Atkins and she does a good job of acting evil. She also has a soft side that occasionally emerges. However, Kate Ford is a pretty hammy actress but I hear she is a lovely person. Having said that Kate Ford really doesn't suit the part of evil Tracy IMO. The character has no redeeming features and really is a very nasty peace of work.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Her daughter Amy was very uncompassionate when Tina died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if any producer would have the balls to axe her. Now she's billed as a original female character and is the route of all evil in the street
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she doesn't pretend to be nice and careful unlike Michelle for example who is just a bully.

She has shown to defend Amy, look out for Simon and feel sorry for Peter an her mum.

She is crap at it but she is trying.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    I like Emma Atkins and she does a good job of acting evil. She also has a soft side that occasionally emerges. However, Kate Ford is a pretty hammy actress but I hear she is a lovely person. Having said that Kate Ford really doesn't suit the part of evil Tracy IMO. The character has no redeeming features and really is a very nasty peace of work.

I agree, Emma Atkins is a very good actor and Charity, IMO, a better character than Tracy.
    Her daughter Amy was very uncompassionate when Tina died.

When watching last night's scenes between Amy and Simon, I found myself longing for the previous non-walking-non-talking Amy, so excruciating do I find the current incarnation's bad stage-school acting.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    At least she doesn't pretend to be nice and careful unlike Michelle for example who is just a bully.

She has shown to defend Amy, look out for Simon and feel sorry for Peter an her mum.

She is crap at it but she is trying.

bib: She sure is!
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ridiculous thing is that no man would be interested in someone with such a vile personality, she would have no friends and even her family would not support her.
  • abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs something bad to happen to her to make her think about what she is, unfortunately nothing will and she'll carry on and make everybody else's life a misery. That Rob must have sh*t in his eyes with being with her, then again, after coming out of prison, anything like Tracy will do!
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    She could be a great character if the writers put in a bit of effort! Same goes for the show as a whole really. But why would they do that when they have a loyal audience who tune in regardless?
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will be a great s***
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

A very silly comparison.
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sulla how rude lol

I think it is a good comparison they are both heartless deep down. Charity just has the gold digger aspect and her real love for Cain Dingle added to her.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abbottab wrote: »
    Tracy Barlow is the most vile character ever. I would hate to think it, but if something were to happen to her Mother or daughter would she be like, 'so...what's for tea then?'
    Has she really got a swinging BRICK as a heart?

A cold-blooded, pre-meditated murderer who has never shown an ounce of remorse.:(
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget guys they are well suited Rob is a full on killer too remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget guys they are well suited Rob is a full on killer too remember.

At least Rob showed some shock and remorse since Tina's death, not like Tracy who goes around cracking jokes about murdering Charlie Stubbs as if it was some comedic storyline in the writer's eyes. Or despite that incident isn't phased at all and still treats people like crap. A sole reason I cannot invest in her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

I'm sure Kate Ford is a nice person, but like the other cast she gets awful material. If they insist on keeping Tracy keep her to the background, her snide remarks is getting boring.

She isn't a comedy character, I cannot erase from my memory her drugging Roy Cropper nearly leading him to suicide, killing Charlie Stubbs, trying to lock Gail up for a murder she didn't commit, mocked Claire Peacock who was just widowed and tried to turn everyone on Becky claiming she murdered her babies after pushing her down a flight of stairs.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Kate Ford is a nice person, but like the other cast she gets awful material. If they insist on keeping Tracy keep her to the background, her snide remarks is getting boring.

She isn't a comedy character, I cannot erase from my memory her drugging Roy Cropper nearly leading him to suicide, killing Charlie Stubbs, trying to lock Gail up for a murder she didn't commit, mocked Claire Peacock who was just widowed and tried to turn everyone on Becky claiming she murdered her babies after pushing her down a flight of stairs.

Yes she gets awful material, but IMO she is still is not a strong actress. I fear she along with Brooke Vincent, Anthony Cotton, Ellie Leach and Craig Charles even when given strong story lines don't do any justice. Just an opinion. I just don't think they are very good actors. Oh and Jimi Mistry although has been good in other things he is really rubbish on Corrie. Now he is an example of someone who is given rubbish material to work with. Having said that I don't much think of a lot of the story lines of late.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sick of this lank haired gummy shrew. Why is her contract renewed over and over and we get rid of could have been great old characters like Dennis and the much more likeable and more mileage in him Rob. Tracygums is just a one dimensonal bore, a panto villan that you just want to hiss at.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    The history to Tracey could be used more, unless we've watched long enough we would never know Tracey had a kidney transplant. Nor that the kidney came from Deidre's ex Samir! As a transplant patient, Tracey would take medication regularly and be subject to many check ups. Why is there never even the slightest reference to this?

I don't think it should be the only thing that defines her but it should come up sometimes. Maybe her frustration at being a long term patient might be one of the reasons why she has such a selfish attitude now.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most ridiculous aspects of the storyline is her relationship with her daughter. She's supposed to be a murderer and a cold hearted sociopath. In that case, she would have a very troubled relationship with Amy and would be probably be abusive and neglectful towards her. A sociopath who lacks empathy for others wouldn't be able to switch on and off their feelings.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    Sulla how rude lol

I think it is a good comparison they are both heartless deep down. Charity just has the gold digger aspect and her real love for Cain Dingle added to her.

The Fabulous Charity does not do anything without good reason and she certainly doesn't go around murdering people.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    When she left Corrie she 'left for good' which is why they had her murder Charlie and banged up for 15 years.

As she couldn't any other acting work (no surprise) she wanted to go back after 3 years.
    Instead of telling her Toxic couldn't return for about 8 years - she'd do half her sentence then be released on license - they cooked up the ridiculous excuse to get her out of jail after 3 years.

So the producer who did that must love her. If it's the same producer, Toxic will be there forever.

She's a terrible actor. I remember when I watched years ago it was said you could never tell the difference when she was smiling or sneering because she had the same gurning beam on her face when conveying both emotions.
    Wonder if she does the same now.

Kate Ford Best Actress, Anthony Cotton Best Actor ... Surely the BSA biggest jokes!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    The Fabulous Charity does not do anything without good reason and she certainly doesn't go around murdering people.

And Emma's a very good actor.