Hayley v Mikey final?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Note I don't want this to happen but if the papers are right [long shot] and these two are leading the public vote, who would you vote for if they make the final?

I'd say Hayley.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be, and I wouldn't vote if that was the final two. Mikey will do a Coleen I think and finish 4th. I think the final two will be Hayley and Gary
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was those two in the final, I wouldn't vote.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't even bother watching. :yawn:

But I think if it's Mikey vs Hayley in the final Mikey will almost certainly win. Even though Hayley is about a million times better.

The final three are probably going to be Gary, Mikey and Hayley, which is going to make the last show incredibly dull. :( Sad, but that's the public for you! :rolleyes:
  • jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Mikey in the final? Surely he is going to have to improve a lot to pull that off!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbojones wrote: »
    I can't see Mikey in the final? Surely he is going to have to improve a lot to pull that off!!!
    No, he just need to get a lot of votes from Boyzone fans.

Which he's been getting, and will very likely continue to get. ;)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbojones wrote: »

I think he made a lot of progress at the beginning stages of DOI. However, he has now reached a plateau and I cant see him getting any better. Unfortunately, he has a huge fan base so anything is possible. Kieron and Danny have improved the most but not sure they could make the final, which is a shame. Poor Danny just doesn't seem to have a fanbase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Poor Danny just doesn't seem to have a fanbase.
    He seems to be going all out to get himself a fanbase this week by going topless for his routine, so you never know, that might get him somewhere!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    He seems to be going all out to get himself a fanbase this week by going topless for his routine, so you never know, that might get him somewhere!

I would like to think the public would see past gimmicks like that.

He improved last week & deserved his higher score - would be nice if he just concentrated on the skating & let that speak for itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Hayley will get to the final, even though she is good i don't think she has a big enough fan base to keep her in til then.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby Girl wrote: »
    I don't think Hayley will get to the final, even though she is good i don't think she has a big enough fan base to keep her in til then.[/QUOTE

Its not just Hayleys fan base though is it? Dan has a huge following.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Girl wrote: »
    I don't think Hayley will get to the final, even though she is good i don't think she has a big enough fan base to keep her in til then.

Irrespective of fanbases, I think she'll definitely make the final show - there's no way the judges will kick her out in a skate off unless she spontaneously combusts on the ice killing T&D in the process.

These figures are interesting if true. I wouldn't have said Hayley would be as popular as that. Maybe people are actually voting on performance (shock, horror!) It'll be interesting to see if her vote holds up in subsequent weeks. I suspect she polarises opinion somewhat and as others go out, she may suffer a backlash as people decide to go for the "Anyone but" vote. Not one I agree with but I think it happens. On the other hand, it could be that (bar Mikey) none of the others have caught the imagination enough to make a difference.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't vote and probably wouldn't bother watching... the only celeb that i'm bothered about is Kieron really, i'm not excited about the others tbh so once Kieron and Brianne are gone I prob wont watch
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Irrespective of fanbases, I think she'll definitely make the final show - there's no way the judges will kick her out in a skate off unless she spontaneously combusts on the ice killing T&D in the process.

These figures are interesting if true. I wouldn't have said Hayley would be as popular as that. Maybe people are actually voting on performance (shock, horror!) It'll be interesting to see if her vote holds up in subsequent weeks. I suspect she polarises opinion somewhat and as others go out, she may suffer a backlash as people decide to go for the "Anyone but" vote. Not one I agree with but I think it happens. On the other hand, it could be that (bar Mikey) none of the others have caught the imagination enough to make a difference.
    I agree. Even if she 'disrespects' T & D ;) and is in the bottom two for each remaining week, Hayley will be in the final.

If Mikey and Hayley were the two finalists, I probably wouldn't vote (barring anything unforeseen). One is the better skater, the other is the more likable, so they more or less cancel each other out.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Almost all of those who I have asked who is their favourite have said Hayley. Not sure how many of them vote though.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    If that happened I'm pretty certain Hayley would win - she is clearly far better (assuming no amazing improvement from Mikey in the meantime). Mikey is a smiling, twinkly-eyed charmer who, like Donal, gets more votes than his skating merits. I think he'll be out this week or next.
    I think Hayley will probably win the series, but still believe Danniella could possibly nick it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see Mikey making the final. If he is in even 1 skate off, the judges will vote him out, as he is clearly the weakest skater now by a long shot. I think the final will be Daniella, Gary and Hayley...with Gary v Hayley in Bolero...and Hayley winning the show. To those that say Hayley won't be in the final...don't put any money on that!! lol

I will be voting for Hayley in the final, no matter who she is against.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazb2 wrote: »
    I really don't see Mikey making the final. If he is in even 1 skate off, the judges will vote him out, as he is clearly the weakest skater now by a long shot.
    Yes, but that relies on him ending up in a skate-off. The whole thing with Mikey is he seems unlikely ever to have to face the judges in that way. :)

Though I suspect Jason, at least, would probably save him over quite a few of the others.

You'd better vote, gazb2, didn't you say you had a big bet on Hayley winning! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but that relies on him ending up in a skate-off. The whole thing with Mikey is he seems unlikely ever to have to face the judges in that way. :)

Though I suspect Jason, at least, would probably save him over quite a few of the others.

You'd better vote, gazb2, didn't you say you had a big bet on Hayley winning! :D

I completely agree....after last week, it's certain that Mikey has a huge fan base...although I'm wondering if he got more votes for the fact that they played the 'fall' clip a lot of times.

Jason probably could save him...but I think a lot depends on who he is in the skate off with...and the performance he gives.

Haha...YES I will be voting like mad...and I'm now a little concerned I was a bit mental making the bet...but I'm still optimistic that Hayley will win...and keeping everything crossed :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha...YES I will be voting like mad...and I'm now a little concerned I was a bit mental making the bet...but I'm still optimistic that Hayley will win...and keeping everything crossed :)
    Lol, dare we ask just how much you bet!? :D
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont dislike Mikey but feel that his time is up and no way should he be in final. It would make terrible viewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, dare we ask just how much you bet!? :D

LOL !! Let's just say with the cash I could have bought a LOT of DOI tour tickets ;) ...and everybody at college/work thinks I'm off my head.

But in my defense - I placed the bet even before I got my DS account...and got a bit of a nasty shock when I realized that not everybody was crazy for Hayley :cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL !! Let's just say with the cash I could have bought a LOT of DOI tour tickets ;) ...and everybody at college/work thinks I'm off my head.

But in my defense - I placed the bet even before I got my DS account...and got a bit of a nasty shock when I realized that not everybody was crazy for Hayley :cry::cry::cry:
    :D Lol - oh no! :eek: Well, if for no other reason than that, if Kieron, Daniella and Danny aren't in the final, I shall be rooting for Hayley to win, just so all that cash doesn't go to waste! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Lol - oh no! :eek: Well, if for no other reason than that, if Kieron, Daniella and Danny aren't in the final, I shall be rooting for Hayley to win, just so all that cash doesn't go to waste! ;)

Well, I love you !!!! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I'm a Hayley fan and I've not voted for her yet because I'm certain even if she were in the D/O she would survive. When the final comes I will place a vote for all the weeks I haven't voted so hope it helps!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mambo79 wrote: »
    Well I'm a Hayley fan and I've not voted for her yet because I'm certain even if she were in the D/O she would survive. When the final comes I will place a vote for all the weeks I haven't voted so hope it helps!

Yeah - I love you too ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - I love you too ;):D

If you don't mind me asking how much do you stand to win? If you take 10 per cent of that and factor it into calls into the final it will help your cause. Good luck anyway :)