Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    I was like "why did he just do that?"lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftBE3u9TDF4 1:36 for the magical moment..:D

and 0:30 for top creepy face pulling:eek:
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least it showed he was singing live unlike some...........cough Anton cough
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftBE3u9TDF4 1:36 for the magical moment..:D

and 0:30 for top creepy face pulling:eek:

I think the word you meant was sexy
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it showed he was singing live unlike some...........cough Anton cough

I think Anton was singing live but had a shed load of backing singing going on, Robin had backing vocals as well, which begs the question, will he lose a dance or two to help him in Malmo? Loreen had two in Baku.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Yes, I really liked Davids song. Miles better than last year...

I really liked Skyline and was surpised how badly it did in the televote. I thought the performance was amazing but maybe it came across as too gimmicky and a little too desperate to please. I have never paid much attention "You" but on the night it came across really well. The routine was effective without going OTT and Robin came across really well. Loved his reaction when he realised he had won!

I think Sweden will finish around 5-7 in the final which is exactly what SVT wants
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Skyline and was surpised how badly it did in the televote. I thought the performance was amazing but maybe it came across as too gimmicky and a little too desperate to please. I have never paid much attention "You" but on the night it came across really well. The routine was effective without going OTT and Robin came across really well. Loved his reaction when he realised he had won!

I think Sweden will finish around 5-7 in the final which is exactly what SVT wants

Yeah, Robin was the person that REALLY REALLY wanted to win, he looked so happy.
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we getting the new version of Ukraine today?
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had "Only the Dead Fish Follow The Stream" in my head all day!

Too late to grow a liking to one of the finalists now though I suppose:D
  • Options
    PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    2.10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocdZfKWx7gE the supposed song that has been written for the 10 artists in Azerbaijan

They should make the final again with that.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think both NOrway and Swedn will finish betwen 5 and 10 yes...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just re-posting Ht 20 of the Polls due to the massive amount of pages last night.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiH3fvCRQTt-1XDONdr5cVHleLUjzQNlo
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I'm out of the loop this year. Have only Listened to Bonnie's. Has anyone got a link to any playlists of the song chosen so far.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    I'm out of the loop this year. Have only Listened to Bonnie's. Has anyone got a link to any playlists of the song chosen so far.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZYAsdyg1hLakiBtoFyfoNI4rwveyFsV6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IMO, Yohio wasn't that bad, not the best though, IMO again.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed MF last night...and so so so happy Robin won, especially over Yohio. Made me want the Eurovision final in the Friends Arena though.

Showed my flatmates it last night and they were actually shocked by how many people there were there, the balloons and the songs...bit awkward when I shed a tear when he won though and the fact that I play them so loudly they actually know the songs.

I can see You being either 5-10 or....winning. Which would be brilliant. I think SVT will stitch him up with a first 10 performance.

Not really getting the Swedish-Irish comparison. The difference is that one (Sweden) is good and the other is distinctly average, and will probably go mid-table (which I don't think the Irish would mind at all).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Netherlands next! So exciting! Out of the rest left, I'm most excited for Netherlands, France and San Marino. You never know, Montenegro might turn out to be good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed MF last night...and so so so happy Robin won, especially over Yohio. Made me want the Eurovision final in the Friends Arena though.

Showed my flatmates it last night and they were actually shocked by how many people there were there, the balloons and the songs...bit awkward when I shed a tear when he won though and the fact that I play them so loudly they actually know the songs.

I can see You being either 5-10 or....winning. Which would be brilliant. I think SVT will stitch him up with a first 10 performance.

Not really getting the Swedish-Irish comparison. The difference is that one (Sweden) is good and the other is distinctly average, and will probably go mid-table (which I don't think the Irish would mind at all).

Sweden (being the host country), will not be choosing the running order, instead it'll be in a draw, the only country to do so. The Irish would mind. Last year (Jedward) came 19th, and they (we) minded a lot. Even though it wasn't as good as Lipstick (which wasn't the best either), it did deserve a higher place, matter of speaking.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the singer from Romania manages to release his balls from that iron vise before May.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I'm seriously considering subscribing to SVT World for next years MelFest considering all the trouble I've had with the buffering over the past few weeks. I more or less missed the first 20-25 mins of last nights show.

You can get SVT World via IPTV now, so no need to fork out for a satellite dish and you can get either a 3, 6 or 12 month contract. It sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that Heilsarmee are being renamed as Flower Pot for Malmo?:eek::confused::D:D

If that's the Azeri song that was posted earlier, it's dull as hell imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it true that Heilsarmee are being renamed as Flower Pot for Malmo?:eek::confused::D:D

If that's tha Azeri song that was posted earlier, it's dull as hell imo.

Hopefully not. :D
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and I really like Sweden. So gutted that I missed all of Melfest this year, damn you Sky!

Heilsarmee makes me think of mayonaise for some reason. :D
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Sweden (being the host country), will not be choosing the running order, instead it'll be in a draw, the only country to do so. The Irish would mind. Last year (Jedward) came 19th, and they (we) minded a lot. Even though it wasn't as good as Lipstick (which wasn't the best either), it did deserve a higher place, matter of speaking.

Did not realise that - stand corrected :).

Waterline did deserve a bit better, but at the same time, the draw was good for them and the joke wore off a bit. Midtable for Ireland would be good for the mid 00's entry they've got in this years comp.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the singer from Romania manages to release his balls from that iron vise before May.

Romania what to make of their entry:eek:. Strangely I like the song and verses are fine but it is the high pitched chorus that turn this song into something unique, awful or briliant I am not sure what yet.

It will certainly stand out in the semi final and it is the potential car crash moment of the night. Everything says it won't qualify but somehow I can't help thinking that Romania will be called out as a finalist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Heilsarmee makes me think of mayonaise for some reason. :D

That's probably because it sounds like Hellmans. :p
This discussion has been closed.