LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 25)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
Administrator
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1770456&page=152

LBC Politics discussion thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1814844

Comments

• RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hope james whale not left id sack Anthony Davis instead and put james whale on at 10 pm.
    • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I see we have moved house again. All this packing and unpacking gets too much. Maybe we should join Crawley Cutie in Spain !
    • ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It was put on the other thread just before it closed but this tweet from James Whale bears repeating in case it's missed:

"Not on @lbc973,i am fine.More news tomorrow"
    • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just listened to the end of JW's podcast for last Thursday. He says, "..we will be coming back to that topic again and again and again." "But right now, that's it from me, back at 4 tomorrow afternoon. Join me then, but in the meantime ..... (link to Iain Dale)".
    • radio ladyradio lady Posts: 527
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I see we have moved house again. All this packing and unpacking gets too much. Maybe we should join Crawley Cutie in Spain !

James Whale

Regarding the tweet you mentioned in your last post.
      Seeing the next tweet filled me with even more foreboding.

I rather think Daisy Sampson is going to reappear. I read in the Telegraph she had left ITV and was returning to radio.
      I somehow doubt she would go to the BBC and she did Drive before leaving LBC in 2005. I quite liked her.

But she isn't the Whale and LBC can ill afford to lose a presenter who actually knows how to present a radio programme.

What the hell are LBC doing............
    • TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      It was put on the other thread just before it closed but this tweet from James Whale bears repeating in case it's missed:

"Not on @lbc973,i am fine.More news tomorrow"

JW tweet.....Not on LBC. This we know.

More news tomorrow. I can't wait :eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Just listened to the end of JW's podcast for last Thursday. He says, "..we will be coming back to that topic again and again and again." "But right now, that's it from me, back at 4 tomorrow afternoon. Join me then, but in the meantime ..... (link to Iain Dale)".

But as we now know JW was not back at 4 tomorrow afternoon (Friday).

I hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling that JW will not be back on LBC. If so then LBC will have lost a Top Rated Presenter :mad:
    • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,809
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      OK he's deffo left then-looks like it. Daisy Sampson would be a disaster and an instant turn off IMHO. I remember I didn't like her programme before, but can anyone remember her? I cant! What is her style please? Many thanks.
    • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hmmm, gotta wait tomorrow for more news i guess, on the Whale

Who has he upset now? maybe he's been told to sit on the 'naughty' step for a week

His 10pm slot on talksport was very entertaining

James & Ash
      Ufo's & David Icke
      A man who talks with wolves
      Nick Pope
      Crazy callers

talkSPORT Studio Tour by James Whale
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rQ5C7Ew3A
    • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Are they not signing new contracts at the moment Petrie Hosken mentioned at the weekend we have her for another year,and did not Steve Allen sign a new one year deal recently.

Perhaps there is news on the scheduling front to come.

Or perhaps he has not signed a new one yet and is haggling.:confused:

However i hope he remains at LBC top broadcaster.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hmmm, gotta wait tomorrow for more news i guess, on the Whale

Who has he upset now? maybe he's been told to sit on the 'naughty' step for a week

His 10pm slot on talksport was very entertaining

James & Ash
      Ufo's & David Icke
      A man who talks with wolves
      Nick Pope
      Crazy callers

talkSPORT Studio Tour by James Whale
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rQ5C7Ew3A

:D:D:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      radio lady wrote: »
      James Whale

Regarding the tweet you mentioned in your last post.
      Seeing the next tweet filled me with even more foreboding.

I rather think Daisy Sampson is going to reappear. I read in the Telegraph she had left ITV and was returning to radio.
      I somehow doubt she would go to the BBC and she did Drive before leaving LBC in 2005. I quite liked her.

But she isn't the Whale and LBC can ill afford to lose a presenter who actually knows how to present a radio programme.

What the hell are LBC doing............

Whatever LBC are doing radio lady, They are very shy about informing their listeners :mad:

I may have to seek another radio station.
    • radio ladyradio lady Posts: 527
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      chinchin wrote: »
      OK he's deffo left then-looks like it. Daisy Sampson would be a disaster and an instant turn off IMHO. I remember I didn't like her programme before, but can anyone remember her? I cant! What is her style please? Many thanks.

Her style?
      Fairly bland from what I can remember. She didn't attract a lot of listeners.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      radio lady wrote: »
      Her style?
      Fairly bland from what I can remember. She didn't attract a lot of listeners.

She did but they all fell asleep during her show.:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Perhaps Iain Dale has persuaded Siobhan Benita to do drive before she guests on his show later.:D:D:D
    • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      [Posted by Styker: Neither the texter or Barkes revealed that if that was the case, but I have never heard of prisoners being allowed mobiles in any catergory of prison and they even allow muderers to go to open prisons once their sentence is coming to an end. ]

I bow to your superior knowledge.
      I know nothing about prisons. ;)
    • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      chinchin wrote: »

I only remember Daisys Dads Daily Ditty

I didnt get the impression she was that interested in radio.
    • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      James did disappear quite quickly. Not on Friday and not at all this week. Ian Payne didn't say he was sitting in for him, neither did Julia say he was sitting in for James. Maybe James is moving slots?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I think James Whale has changed his profile status on Twitter?
    • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
      Forum Member
      RadioToday can confirm @THEJamesWhale has left @lbc973. Full statement expected from @thisisglobal tomorrow #radionews
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      4-4-2 wrote: »
      RadioToday can confirm @THEJamesWhale has left @lbc973. Full statement expected from @thisisglobal tomorrow #radionews

Wonder why and what happened?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      occy wrote: »
      Wonder why and what happened?

That was quick back last friday(as stated last thursday on his show) and now supposedly gone this must be a story worth hearing.:eek::eek:
    • rainbowrichesrainbowriches Posts: 21
      Forum Member
      4-4-2 wrote: »

Wow what a shock! I thought he would be there for many years, they haven't even put him on any other slots he has always been on drive time which I didn't always think that was the right move.

Steve Allen however still does not sound well at all, he really needs to take a good few weeks away from LBC for a rest. He certainly does enjoy working for LBC and doesn't seem to want to take time off even when's he's so un-well, it was very uncomfortable to listen this morning.
    • ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      A shame about Whale I think. LBC has faffed about with the drivetime show too much since it came back to 97.3 and I thought this was the best so far. I much preferred what Whale did in this slot to his show on talkSPORT which I felt had become tired and predictable with all the UFO nonsense.

So who comes in? Will Ian Payne continue? A move up the schedule for Iain Dale? More airtime for Ian Collins? A weekday return for Clive Bull? I'm sure Wolfie would be happy to give us some odds if he were here (before predicting the return of Alison Bell!)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      That was quick back last friday(as stated last thursday on his show) and now supposedly gone this must be a story worth hearing.:eek::eek:

It is a shame as I enjoyed his shows. Must be new changes at LBC.
    This discussion has been closed.