Options

thunderbird problems

hi all hope i in the right foram for this.
currently am setting up thunderbird for a frind of mine who wants all her emails in one place but i am having problems configuring it to work with her "tvnet.lv" account

any help please

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More details needed.

What exactly is going wrong? We can't help if you don't tell us what is not working. :)
  • Options
    derk weaselderk weasel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she inputs her email address and password then it searches.
    after sometime it come up saying unable to find
    and she has double checked that her details are correct.

really looking for the setup details for "tvnet.lv" like-
    server name, port, connection security for both incoming and outgoing email.
  • Options
    derk weaselderk weasel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bump!
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump!

I'm pretty sure that this does not belong here.

This forum is for fixed line telephone and VOIP.

Your problem seems to be related to email and connection to a foreign service of some kind.

You will be more likely to get some help if you ask in a more relevant forum.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    this is the wrong forum. should be in computing.

i will try to help but i'm unlikely to see this thread again.

when thunderbird says it is unable to find her account it just means that it has never heard of @tvnet.lv email addresses. it doesn't know how to access them. this is normal.

so you will have to input the mail server names manually. and you will have to get them from the mail provider. sadly my latvian is not up to the job. normally i would just google the name of the providers and smtp settings.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did mean to post earlier but got distracted and forgot.

Google Translate does a pretty fair job translating the website but I was unable to see anything at all relating to an e-mail service, much less any settings.

Presumably the usual suspects like pop.tvnet.lv, pop3.tvnet.lv or imap.tvnet.lv don't work?