We COULD Win The FA Cup

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,680
Forum Member
✭✭
Now this may not be a big thing for many of you. The Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Man City and Spurs fans etc are probably thinking so what, but we could win the FA Cup.

It is massive in Hull at the moment. We have only ever played at Wembley once, which was the play off final. We have only ever been to the FA Cup semi finals once...1930 and we lost to Arsenal.

Some may, and will, mock but nobody is going to pee on our parade, this is history in the making for The Tigers. Looking safe in the PL and a trip to Wembley. Who knows.....is it worth thinking about Europe too ?

Up The Tigers and roll on Sunday

Comments

• Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Now this may not be a big thing for many of you. The Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Man City and Spurs fans etc are probably thinking so what, but we could win the FA Cup.

It is massive in Hull at the moment. We have only ever played at Wembley once, which was the play off final. We have only ever been to the FA Cup semi finals once...1930 and we lost to Arsenal.

Some may, and will, mock but nobody is going to pee on our parade, this is history in the making for The Tigers. Looking safe in the PL and a trip to Wembley. Who knows.....is it worth thinking about Europe too ?

Up The Tigers and roll on Sunday

I really hope Hull do go on and win the FA Cup, Steve Bruce has done a fine job and Hull have never won a major trophy and there fans deserve there day in the sun, also it is always nice to see another new name on the Cup.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    I really hope Hull do go on and win the FA Cup, Steve Bruce has done a fine job and Hull have never won a major trophy and there fans deserve there day in the sun, also it is always nice to see another new name on the Cup.

Thank you. Pressure on though as bookies favourites to beat Sheff Utd
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you should get past Sheffield United but the final is going to be a tough one. I doubt you will beat Arsenal if they win through but if Wigan get the better of Arsenal they will fancy themselves as having the measure of Premiership sides.

Still being a neutral I'd quite like Hull to win the FA Cup as well.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Well you should get past Sheffield United but the final is going to be a tough one. I doubt you will beat Arsenal if they win through but if Wigan get the better of Arsenal they will fancy themselves as having the measure of Premiership sides.

Still being a neutral I'd quite like Hull to win the FA Cup as well.

I disagree, if Arsenal do get past Wigan, which isn't a definite with the way they are playing. I very much think that Hull can do them in the final.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hull are nice and safe in the league so they can really go for it. Arsenal have other issues at hand, and whilst they are somewhat safe, that could change.

Hull winning would be nice, will be great for their fans, and I still think the FA Cup is a seriously good cup for anyone to win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One negative for us is that Shane Long and Jelavic are cup tied but its a chance for Boyd, Sagbo, Aluko etc to shine
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Darren !

Bit surprised to read that Hull had never been in the top flight until 2008.......although seem to remember that it was often quoted that Hull was the biggest City in Europe never to have had top flight football.........don't know if that was ever true

I remember Hull being a good team in the 60s with Ken Wagstaff as their star player, but I thought they were a Div 1 team........obviously not !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Good luck Darren !

Bit surprised to read that Hull had never been in the top flight until 2008.......although seem to remember that it was often quoted that Hull was the biggest City in Europe never to have had top flight football.........don't know if that was ever true

I remember Hull being a good team in the 60s with Ken Wagstaff as their star player, but I thought they were a Div 1 team........obviously not !

Cheers Swing. That is true. Hull is a big city, and yes it was the record holder for biggest never to have played in top flight. We came close to promotion with Waggy and Chillo ( Ken Wagstaff and Chris Chilton ) in the late 60s and early 70s but not quite.

In fact the first game I went to was in 1974 at Boothferry Park. Division 2 and it ended
    Hull City 2 - Manchester United 0
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to see Hull win the FA Cup - Steve Bruce has done a good job there.

Good luck.
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Good luck Darren !

Hull was the biggest city never to hosr top flight football, that unfortunate honour now belongs to Plymouth.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Been living in Hull for about 4 months now and absolutely loving it, Hopefully Hull win the FA CUP.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Hull really cock it up actually.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Arsenal fans have an interesting dilemma. Unless i've got it wrong, if they do win the FA Cup, they open the door for both Man United and Spurs to enter the Europa League.

If they don't, it's either Man United or Spurs :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Arsenal fans have an interesting dilemma. Unless i've got it wrong, if they do win the FA Cup, they open the door for both Man United and Spurs to enter the Europa League.

It also depends if they get in the CL or not. If they do then the FA Cup runners up ( should Arsenal win it ) get the Europa slot, but only if Arsenal are in the CL.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's no dilemma at all. We simply don't give a toss where those 2 clubs end up as we have only 1 thing in mind, winning it. For obvious reasons I don't want hull to win it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You going to the game Darren?
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    80% of Sheffield plus the rest of the country is behind your boys this week Darren.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You going to the game Darren?

I am at work. I work on the radio on Sunday afternoons so i am hosting the show from 2-7 whilst the game is on. Going to be an exciting one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    80% of Sheffield plus the rest of the country is behind your boys this week Darren.:)

Except Alan Rollins :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also depends if they get in the CL or not. If they do then the FA Cup runners up ( should Arsenal win it ) get the Europa slot, but only if Arsenal are in the CL.

That's obviously completely correct .. i completely forgot about that possibility ..
    Tel69 wrote: »
    It's no dilemma at all. We simply don't give a toss where those 2 clubs end up as we have only 1 thing in mind, winning it. For obvious reasons I don't want hull to win it.

It was only meant to be a bit light hearted but I should know by now you take things very seriously when it comes to Spurs and Arsenal .. *stern face* :D
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right. alanrollins is a minority of one outside Sheffield.

Head says Hull though, probably a dour 1-0 victory in a game where Sheffield United will work hard to contain a Hull side missing their best attacking players.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's obviously completely correct .. i completely forgot about that possibility ..

It was only meant to be a bit light hearted but I should know by now you take things very seriously when it comes to Spurs and Arsenal .. *stern face* :D

It wasn't light hearted at all just the usual bitter stuff from you lot. No Gooner gives a toss about anything else today apart from winning and all the other stuff can go hang.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right. alanrollins is a minority of one outside Sheffield.

Head says Hull though, probably a dour 1-0 victory in a game where Sheffield United will work hard to contain a Hull side missing their best attacking players.

I think you should ring his show!
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    snukr wrote: »
    Hull was the biggest city never to hosr top flight football, that unfortunate honour now belongs to Plymouth.

It belonged to Plymouth anyway, Plymouth is bigger than Hull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    It wasn't light hearted at all just the usual bitter stuff from you lot. No Gooner gives a toss about anything else today apart from winning and all the other stuff can go hang.

Hehe :), of course it was but, as I said, this is clearly something you take very seriously so I will respect that from now on.