Ashleigh's Back story

MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
Forum Member
✭✭
Many times, Ashleigh and others have mentioned her rough past. Can anyone provide more info or is this just a 'poor me' story?

Comments

• Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I've never heard any of the housemates say she had a rough past, must have missed that. Don't think she's mentioned anything or anything put out there by the press.
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been mentions of her being bullied at school, but considering her size, calculating nature and acid tongue, that seems hard to believe.
  • zazayazazaya Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ashleigh said she has been bullied and alienated in the past. Can't remember who she was speaking to at the time.
  • zazayazazaya Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been mentions of her being bullied at school, but considering her size, calculating nature and acid tongue, that seems hard to believe.

Actually girls can be bullied for being tall at school.
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zazaya wrote: »
    Actually girls can be bullied for being tall at school.

Not to mention the braces
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MySkass wrote: »
    Many times, Ashleigh and others have mentioned her rough past. Can anyone provide more info or is this just a 'poor me' story?

OP... what "rough past" have you heard about. I have heard nothing from Ashleigh of "others" of what you mention.

Instead of starting threads pertaining to this and asking others to muck rake, can you furnish any details of the said "rough past". Thank You. Back up your statement with fact.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    It's been mentioned a few times she was bullied at school and perhaps a bit of an outcast. As she's quite physically stunning now it could mean she had a bit of an awkward geeky stage. I don't get the impression she was much of an academic so maybe she found it hard to join a "group" in school. That can be tough going for teens in school. It could be why she got into pageants.
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP... what "rough past" have you heard about. I have heard nothing from Ashleigh of "others" of what you mention.

Instead of starting threads pertaining to this and asking others to muck rake, can you furnish any details of the said "rough past". Thank You. Back up your statement with fact.

Just on a point of order, MySkass was ASKING for information about Ashleigh's rough past, not providing information about it.
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure her Mum told Emma once at an eviction that she had been bullied at school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member

Actually that would indicate to me that she likely was indeed bullied, as she's developed a chip on her shoulder.

And although people are bullied for their appearance, people who simply like to keep to themselves and have 'alone time' are often singled out too.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A lot of people gain strength (which is what I would describe Ashleigh - not an acid tongue and calculating strength) as a result of being bullied.
  • GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are bullied for so many different reasons. There is no checklist for what makes you a victim of bullying.
  • MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First off, calm down. I was not trying to start an anti-Ashleigh campaign, I was asking a fair question about Ashleigh's past because several times she's talked about her struggles. Even watching the clip of Chris' conversation with Christopher after Helen returned, Christopher says something like 'what she's been through'.

When Ashleigh defends herself, she says it and I was just wondering if anyone knew what her back-story was.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

:D:D:D Saucer of milk for Ms Annainina. :D
  • MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks to those who read my post for what it was and responded.
  • NLoyallNLoyall Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are bullied for so many different reasons. There is no checklist for what makes you a victim of bullying.

And also at different ages, it doesn't just start and stop at school. Plenty of workplace bullying goes on
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a sob story that some have fallen for. That girl was probably the bully not the bullied. Don't be fooled by the little girl voice and the bad acting.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    It's a sob story that some have fallen for. That girl was probably the bully not the bullied. Don't be fooled by the little girl voice and the bad acting.

How nasty without any proof., Thats like something Helen would say. Ashleigh has shown no bullying tendencies in the house, whereas Helen has done nothing but bully and even had to be warned by BB for it.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying this is what has happened to Ashleigh, but it does happen out there. If you're into beauty pageants, then that can attract negative attention from other girls. It's tough enough being a teenage girl - most girls don't feel good about themselves - but if you have a class mate who is "officially, certifiably" beautiful, then of course jealousy will build. It's like carrying a placard around saying "I'm beautiful, you're not" at an age when young women are so horribly vunerable.

I hate beauty pageants - FFG, is this 2014 or what? We should not be judging teenage girls on their bodies.
  • GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's her rough time in the house that's usually being referred to. The only such info about her past before BB is that she has been bullied and was unpopular.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So because she stands up to Helen she can't have been bullied at school? People change, maybe the experience is what drove her to be stronger and stand up for herself. Maybe she mostly just took it and it got worse so she learned to stand up for herself.
  • neilnotnielneilnotniel Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »

Really? Based on what evidence? A ridiculous thing to say! There's nothing to suggest she was a bully!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bullying topic on this thread almost suggests that you can't have been bullied unless you have published the détails....

A new low for this forum.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to those who read my post for what it was and responded.

Tee hee hee, way to go on the old disingenuous ticket. :D:D Too , too funny;-)
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    The bullying topic on this thread almost suggests that you can't have been bullied unless you have published the détails....

A new low for this forum.

No it's a just a discussion about a HM's back story that the HM in question and other HM's have mentioned I'm not a fan but I have no reason to doubt her claims.