Dalek info - Dr Who *spoilers*

Comments

• KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember a comic (TV21?) with a Dalek strip, where the Daleks' voices were shown in a funny angular font?
    The mobile Emperor Dalek with the spherical gold head was better than the TV one IMO.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Good lord no - I think it was a band or something inspired by Victor Lewis Smith's gay dalek stuff. Maybe someone will be able to tell us more?
    Could you just imagine pink daleks in the last 2 episodes?!!?

Outpost Gallifrey would go mad! :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was about to say - go on RTD! but then realised I'd be on these forums complaining about the ridiculous let-down for about 6 months! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member

Someone I used to know would probably never visit their website ever again! :D

Personally, I'd quite like a pink Dalek - with gold balls please :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote:
    Anyone remember a comic (TV21?) with a Dalek strip, where the Daleks' voices were shown in a funny angular font?
    The mobile Emperor Dalek with the spherical gold head was better than the TV one IMO.

the strip is downloadable from here http://ganolan.users.btopenworld.com/Chronicles/chronicles.htm

- I'm assuming they have copyright permission for this....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:

Innuendos are safest left to GD and chatter! :D;):D
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it a TV OFFAL sketch? There is also a Roy Skelton (who voiced the Daleks in the 70s) piss take I've seen made by the production crew in at the time which is quite funny, the Dalek was swearing etc.
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:

Exfoliate! Exfoliate! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonderful stuff :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post of the week :D

FANTASTIC!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *takes small bow and awaits remuneration for future work*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *takes small bow and awaits remuneration for future work*

Ah, might have known there'd be a catch. Would some cyber vodka do for starters? Then there's always the air from our lungs - oh, and the Moxx has something for you ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neardark wrote:
    Ah, might have known there'd be a catch. Would some cyber vodka do for starters? Then there's always the air from our lungs - oh, and the Moxx has something for you ;)
    Impressive head? Ahem...anyway, where was I...ah yes...anyone placing any money on the appearance of the Daleks NOT being the cliffhanger for BW on Saturday but something quite, quite unexpected? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive head? Ahem...anyway, where was I...ah yes...anyone placing any money on the appearance of the Daleks NOT being the cliffhanger for BW on Saturday but something quite, quite unexpected? :confused:
    It was made a bit too obvious that they're in it on Saturday.

I quite like the idea of
    the emperor dalek being behind it all
    even thought according to the link DenWatts provided, it was destroyed.
    Perhaps Rose touching the Dalek was enough for ALL of them to return, "him" incuded :eek:
    (Do you ever find it difficult to decide when to use spoiler tags? :confused: )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive head?

Ahem - well, the precious gift of bodily saliva, I believe.
    Ahem...anyway, where was I...ah yes...anyone placing any money on the appearance of the Daleks NOT being the cliffhanger for BW on Saturday but something quite, quite unexpected? :confused:

I'd place some theoretical money on that. If they were going to be the cliffhanger, I don't think they'd have been in the trailer. I haven't got the energy to go to the official site and re-watch the trailers for the previous two-parters to see if they contained those particular cliffhangers, though, so I could be wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neardark wrote:
    Ahem - well, the precious gift of bodily saliva, I believe.

I'd place some theoretical money on that. If they were going to be the cliffhanger, I don't think they'd have been in the trailer. I haven't got the energy to go to the official site and re-watch the trailers for the previous two-parters to see if they contained those particular cliffhangers, though, so I could be wrong.
    Certainly in TEC trailer the "gassies" weren't marching, they just sat up in the trailer I believe...I'd go with someone
    being inside the Emperor Dalek
    we weren't expecting or were we? But then, that fleet of dalek ships looked good cliffhanger material as well...if they were dalek ships...btw, the spoiler
    about the Emperor Dalek being like the one from Evil - could that have been a chinese whisper from the trailer scene where the woman's tubed up in similar fashion and bathed in blue?
    Made me think of it right off...too late to trawl if that's been asked, this is Thread - After Hours :eek: :D

Is it necessary to use spoiler tags on a spoiler thread with a spoiler in the title? Highly odd... :confused:
    Forum Member
    btw, the spoiler
    about the Emperor Dalek being like the one from Evil - could that have been a chinese whisper from the trailer scene where the woman's tubed up in similar fashion and bathed in blue?
    Made me think of it right off...too late to trawl if that's been asked, this is Thread - After Hours :eek: :D
    Made me think of it right away too - that's why I dug out a photo for the forum. I'm sure the visual was intentional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we back on those lovely pink daleks again?

Sorry, I'm a little sleepy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member

Is it necessary to use spoiler tags on a spoiler thread with a spoiler in the title? Highly odd... :confused:

No it's not - people won't read the thread if they don't want to see spoilers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping that:
    All the daleks, led by the Emperor dalek, roll up to Rose and say, in unison:

ARE. YOU. MY. MUMMY?
    :D
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping that:

ARE. YOU. MY. MUMMY?

Forum Member
    I'm hoping that:

ARE. YOU. MY. MUMMY?
    Well, if so, she could always tell them to go to their room :D
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Talking of which:
    The woman 'tubed up and bathed in blue light' - IMO - really looks like the woman who played the plumber in The End Of The World
    Forum Member
    Agreed - it's totally unnecessary to use spoiler tags in a thread which is titled spoilers anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that:

ARE. YOU. MY. MUMMY?
    :D :eek: :D