Options

James Arthur

Comments

• Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    He has tweeted back to someone that he already has millions of International fans. :rolleyes:

I think he is delusional. He also doesn't understand that a fair percentage of the people who follow him on Twitter, do so because they enjoy watching a car crash, not because they are going to buy the music.

I suspect his 70K sales are referring to shipped sales, which don't count in terms of official sales for chart purposes. He isn't very bright, so maybe he doesn't understand the difference.

It doesn't matter any more about who said what first, he appears to be out of control at the moment, verging on hysterical. Louis Tomlinson probably did send him an unpleasant text, but why shouldn't he, after he more than any of the 1D boys fully supported James to win, and then a few months later James tweets that they are all about merchandising and not music. At least Louis didn't publicly respond to James at the time, he easily could have - the way Jaymi from UJ has, but James has now thrown his dummy out of the pram and is saying awful stuff. As Matt Cardle said last week, James Arthur is a deeply unpleasant man.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    What a vile man he is.

1D aren't exactly my favourite band, but they bring pleasure to a lot of youngsters, and they seem to be reasonable role models.

You can't expect children to be discerning music lovers, but does this jumped up little t**t believe that there shouldn't be a market for kids?

Who is he to make judgement, and now being personal about Olly Murs. Childish, petty, obnoxious.

Couldn't stand him when he was on XF - dislike him even more now.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is awful. So delusional. He's really embarrassing himself. It's such a shame as he was my favourite act on X Factor last year, I thought he was quite talented and gave some really good performances on the live shows, but he's really shown himself up to be an unpleasant individual. I won't be buying his album now.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the album is so good, he is very talented but is coming across as a right tool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Who is he kidding? He's fully up against the online 1d army his career is going to be destroyed.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;69655357']Who is he kidding? He's fully up against the online 1d army his career is going to be destroyed.

It's not as if he has offended only 1D fans.
    He has slagged off everyone: Matt, 1D, Union J, even Olly... I suppose Leona is next.

I wish people on twitter would just ignore him while he is making a fool of himself.
    Sending him threats on twitter isn't the right way to deal with anything, but James seems to be doing his best to annoy the 1D fans! I suppose RTing their mean messages makes him feel like the victim here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadie stevenson ‏@sadiemstevens 11m
    Use to be a james arthur fan, but wtf is he tweeting at them moment😒 @JamesArthur23

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 8m
    @sadiemstevens listen.. If your a james Arthur fan you're a james Arthur fan.. If your a fickle fan that jumps from pop act to pop act F OFF

James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23 12m
    @sadiemstevens don't need ya

sadie stevenson ‏@sadiemstevens 12m
    @JamesArthur23 omg :/ i was just saying 😪

:eek:
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I actually quite find him funny now and some of his tweets to delusional 1D Fans are hilarious :D
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    The arrogance is quite breathtaking tbh. Riding for a big fall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Place your bets which former contestant is next to be slated by James?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said he likes Ariana Grande so he has went up in my books for that. :o:p:cool: #OneOfMyFaves
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He will probably get round therm all lol
  • Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's done Matt, 1D, Olly, Union J...I'm waiting for Little Mix to complete the set the teens like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    There are some absolute belters on his album. Fair play to the lad. These sheep that hang off every word of these acts need to get out more. Far more important things in life to get worked up about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member

I don't think he's brave enough or talented enough to say anything about Leona but who knows
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said he likes Ariana Grande so he has went up in my books for that. :o:p:cool: #OneOfMyFaves

oh he'll be baiting the wanted next then
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    There are some absolute belters on his album. Fair play to the lad. These sheep that hang off every word of these acts need to get out more. Far more important things in life to get worked up about.

Yes but to turn around and diss the people that helped you get to the top just because your first single is high in the charts and your debut album has good reviews isn't the way to go. He isn't successful enough to be able to justify it. Plus he is a 25 year old man who is freely insulting young girls... which makes him revolting in my eyes.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah;69656514']Yes but to turn around and diss the people that helped you get to the top just because your first single is high in the charts and your debut album has good reviews isn't the way to go. He isn't successful enough to be able to justify it. Plus he is a 25 year old man who is freely insulting young girls... which makes him revolting in my eyes.

I agree with you. I find the fact that he is picking on young kids/girls quite disturbing as well. It was JA that instigated the insults, his Management team must be so proud. To quote JA 'his desperation for media attention is quite pathetic'.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Is that why his album has sold less copies than either Joe or Matt? Joe sold 104,000 copies of his first album. They are both doing well in their chosen careers, by keeping their heads down and working hard.

Is what why?

the point i was making is it all works out the same. You can be the nicest man on the planet or the most curmudgeonly, it makes little difference. And there's no point comparing from different eras...this isn't about archaeology
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    It's not as if he has offended only 1D fans.
    He has slagged off everyone: Matt, 1D, Union J, even Olly... I suppose Leona is next.

I wish people on twitter would just ignore him while he is making a fool of himself.
    Sending him threats on twitter isn't the right way to deal with anything, but James seems to be doing his best to annoy the 1D fans! I suppose RTing their mean messages makes him feel like the victim here.

I suspect they like winding him up to see what will come out next - some people are easy to do that to as they just can't resist!:D

He just needs to ignore, but it comes across that he just can't resist. I don't think he will be about much longer anyway, he doesn't strike me as one with much potential anyway.
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Hannah;69656514']Yes but to turn around and diss the people that helped you get to the top just because your first single is high in the charts and your debut album has good reviews isn't the way to go. He isn't successful enough to be able to justify it. Plus he is a 25 year old man who is freely insulting young girls... which makes him revolting in my eyes.
    I agree with this ..i dont think he wil start on any of the female x factor artists .i think that would be a big taboo ..but the tweet he made early telling a girl to focus on her developing pube..i find really quite revolting ..or am i reading it wrong:eek:
    Yes i am reading his tweets now cant help myself:eek:
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love James Arthur and his Music his Album is amazing but he needs to calm himself down a bit on Twitter !
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is what why?

the point i was making is it all works out the same. You can be the nicest man on the planet or the most curmudgeonly, it makes little difference. And there's no point comparing from different eras...this isn't about archaeology

I was replying to your comment:

"he really hasn't anything to lose. He could behave impeccably and still be dropped from the label, there's plenty of precedents. What made people go off Joe M or Matt C? The most important thing is you make the music you want to while you have the chance and not music you look back and cringe at.

There's no evidence to suggest that ill-advised tweets or any of that online sort of malarkey has an adverse affect on record sales but there's plenty to suggest that blandness does".

Considering Joe is 22 and won X Factor in 2009, Matt is 30 and won X Factor in 2010 and James Arthur is 25 and won X Factor in 2012, I do not understand your comparison with archaeology. Each to their own, but has JA gained or lost record sales owing to his twitter rants?
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    I was replying to your comment:

"he really hasn't anything to lose. He could behave impeccably and still be dropped from the label, there's plenty of precedents. What made people go off Joe M or Matt C? The most important thing is you make the music you want to while you have the chance and not music you look back and cringe at.

There's no evidence to suggest that ill-advised tweets or any of that online sort of malarkey has an adverse affect on record sales but there's plenty to suggest that blandness does".

Considering Joe is 22 and won X Factor in 2009, Matt is 30 and won X Factor in 2010 and James Arthur is 25 and won X Factor in 2012, I do not understand your comparison with archaeology. Each to their own, but has JA gained or lost record sales owing to his twitter rants?

and i don't understand how comparing sales from different years (yes it does change that quickly), is a reply to the point that there's no evidence that tweets make a difference to your sales when previous winners' sales have declined markedly since their first album regardless of their personality.

looks like were doomed to not understand each other;)