Anyone a fan of insects?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I'm absolutely terrified of butterflies. There's something evil about them :o

For God's sake do not click on my thread (linked above) then!

You would have a bloody heart attack! :D:D:D
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For God's sake do not click on my thread (linked above) then!

You would have a bloody heart attack! :D:D:D

Thanks for the advice :D

I can't even recall the amount of times I've been teased after running away from one while flailing my arms. That's why they're so evil. They look all beautiful and colourful, so no one really suspects them, but I know the truth >:(
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice :D

I can't even recall the amount of times I've been teased after running away from one while flailing my arms. That's why they're so evil. They look all beautiful and colourful, so no one really suspects them, but I know the truth >:(

Butterflies are about the most harmless insects you can get and will generally fly away if you approach them too close, so I'm not surprised you were teased.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Is there anyone here who is a fan of insects and knows a good website with lots of varied information and insect names?

I think Katie Hopkins has a fascination with them, and you may be able to read more on www.thesun.co.uk
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got bitten on Saturday by 'something' resulting in a spreading, hot, painful, itchy lump. 3 days on I'm scouring bite pics on the interweb to try to figure out what the hell bit me and wondering whether to see the GP.
    So no not an insect fan at all!.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. No.

Except for bees and butterflies, I think insects are repellent.

We had a praying mantis on the window last year and it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Did you mistake it for a Muslim? It's actually preying, just pretending to pray.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely terrified of butterflies. There's something evil about them :o

Don't fear the butterflies. Fear Sherlock's mum.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061411/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a praying mantis sat on a wall in Corfu, my husband backed off when he saw it but I assured him "it can't fly", as he leant forward to get a closer look it took off and flew at him, or rather he was in it's way, he soon shifted though.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you mistake it for a Muslim? It's actually preying, just pretending to pray.

The correct name is praying.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am, as are my two very sexy sisters.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Butterflies are about the most harmless insects you can get and will generally fly away if you approach them too close, so I'm not surprised you were teased.

Oh no, they fooled you too :(