Options

3 New Pros

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    At least we can now refer to Gleb's Sleb.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise Giovanni from Joanne's instagram! He's a good looking fella...

I think Gleb was in one of Val and Zendaya's dances on DWTS. Also quite easy on the eye!! :p
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    I recognise Giovanni from Joanne's instagram! He's a good looking fella...

I think Gleb was in one of Val and Zendaya's dances on DWTS. Also quite easy on the eye!! :p

He danced with Queen Lisa of Vanderpump.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And from the same series, did an amazing contempo/Rumba with Sharna (eat your heart out Mark Wright!) very much looking forward to seeing Gleb on SCD :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm terrible...I only watch DWTS routines that have at least one Chmerkovskiy.

I'm watching some lisa vanderpump stuff now and she seems to dress like she's in fame when she's rehearsing!
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have minded if Trent came back, but as ever, willing to give new Pros a chance, like have all the rest. The new female pro really interests me (not because she's a girl), but not going to pretend I'm not intrigued. Sadly I don't see any other dancing spawns of Strictly, so the three newbies really will be new to my eyes.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Janette was hired before Aljaz - they weren't even pro partners before they started on strictly.

Whilst Janette and Aljaz have never been a dance couple before Strictly they were a couple living together having met on BTF
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giovanni not gay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Really excited about Otlile ... she seems fierce from her youtube videos ... :D
    Will reserve judgement on Gleb although I see he's bringing a following with him... but hope chachachavy's assessment is wrong ... :)
    Really not keen on this Giovanni guy ... Prove me wrong .... :)

Not sure on Gleb remember his brother on the dance floor who was very good, Giovanni has a good dance background and is a great latin dancer
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Whilst Janette and Aljaz have never been a dance couple before Strictly they were a couple living together having met on BTF

I know I remember when they posted a twitter pic together when they got their first flat together in London just after they were announced as pros on strictly. However, there's a big misconception sometimes posted on this forum (mainly by Janette bashers) that Janette only got the job on strictly because she's in a relationship with Aljaz. I also remember pointing out - that while I thought they made a lovely couple I wasn't sure they'd be suited to each other as dance partners because of the big height difference. As it turned out Janette initially partnered Artem and then Pasha but she also has successfully partnered Aljaz in Latin and contemporary routines and they do work as a pro partnership now but the notion that she only got the job because of her relationship with Aljaz is completely false - she'd never danced professionally with him before strictly. I'm not having a go at you by the way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK, I've been getting over my mega-sulk by watching the new pros on YouTube (I am so disloyal). Here is a video of Giovanni doing his favourite dance, the Jive, and, once you get over the hair, the ear-rings, the trousers and, in particular, the shirt, he is pretty fab. There is a cheekiness and personality to his dancing which I think I may like and I hope he is able to translate into his celeb partnership and onto ITT. I have this fantasy that Iveta made him that shirt. (No, Giovanni! It look totally haht and hip-hop! Ladies vill be like the butter not from the fridge.)

(Warning - Giovanni's partner in this video looks like Blulu with a booty. It is not, I repeat, not Blulu).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAnWbsohbE

Otlile is clearly a class act when it comes to Latin dancing. Here she is doing a showdance in tribute to Nelson Mandela. She is definitely sassy and creative. If her personality is like her dancing and she 'gets' what Strictly is all about, she could be a great addition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9XN5ZfW-x4

Poor Gleb, all the videos out there are from DWTS style shows so you can't really get a handle on what he could do (Lisa Vanderpump - imagine Nancy Dell'Olio in pastel lounge-wear and not tanked up on booze). There are also one or two interviews where he does seem a tinge in love with himself. It doesn't help that DWTS obviously decided that 'get 'em off' was the way to go with him. However, if he lightens up a bit and gets rid of the Sunset Beach Hunk-o-Matic circa 1995 styling, he could potentially join Tristan, Aljaz and Pasha in the ChaChaChavvy Rumba Dungeon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And Giovanni can sing -

https://instagram.com/p/10gpOwHxPh/
  • Options
    Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe we're nearly there again...waves big sequin flag and puts up glitter ball, Going to miss Iveta but not Trent if I'm honest
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, isn't Otille the first black professional on Strictly? An excellent step forward for diversity. :)

I agree. :)
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Not sure on Gleb remember his brother on the dance floor who was very good, Giovanni has a good dance background and is a great latin dancer

Gleb doesn't have a brother - maybe you're thinking of Maks Chmerkovskiy (or Alec Mazo)? Both of them have brothers who dance.

http://www.yourtango.com/2014209623/tv-love-dancing-with-stars-gleb-savchenko-brooke-burke-charvet-erin-andrews-wife-marriage-couples
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Giovanni is pinging my gaydar.*

*Disclaimer - When it comes to Strictly my gaydar is about as accurate as Mark Thatcher with a compass in the heel of his walking boots. I spent months thinking Robin and Artem were a thing and Kara was just a smokescreen.

:D::D:D
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I've been getting over my mega-sulk by watching the new pros on YouTube (I am so disloyal). Here is a video of Giovanni doing his favourite dance, the Jive, and, once you get over the hair, the ear-rings, the trousers and, in particular, the shirt, he is pretty fab. There is a cheekiness and personality to his dancing which I think I may like and I hope he is able to translate into his celeb partnership and onto ITT. I have this fantasy that Iveta made him that shirt. (No, Giovanni! It look totally haht and hip-hop! Ladies vill be like the butter not from the fridge.)

(Warning - Giovanni's partner in this video looks like Blulu with a booty. It is not, I repeat, not Blulu).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAnWbsohbE

Otlile is clearly a class act when it comes to Latin dancing. Here she is doing a showdance in tribute to Nelson Mandela. She is definitely sassy and creative. If her personality is like her dancing and she 'gets' what Strictly is all about, she could be a great addition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9XN5ZfW-x4

Poor Gleb, all the videos out there are from DWTS style shows so you can't really get a handle on what he could do (Lisa Vanderpump - imagine Nancy Dell'Olio in pastel lounge-wear and not tanked up on booze). There are also one or two interviews where he does seem a tinge in love with himself. It doesn't help that DWTS obviously decided that 'get 'em off' was the way to go with him. However, if he lightens up a bit and gets rid of the Sunset Beach Hunk-o-Matic circa 1995 styling, he could potentially join Tristan, Aljaz and Pasha in the ChaChaChavvy Rumba Dungeon.

They're a lot of videos of Gleb from the Russian version this year; he's doing so well there ; He might win with his partner tomorrow ;);)

Otille seems like a firecracker ; excited to see what she'll bring to the show :)
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do believe Gleb will soothe the lingering ache in my heart at the loss of Artem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvWUIFUR0Jg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    I do believe Gleb will soothe the lingering ache in my heart at the loss of Artem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvWUIFUR0Jg

War-Drobe will definitely shove him into The Artem Chigvintsev Memorial Vest of Shamelessness this year. That will be a step up from the amount of times Mark Wright got to wear it last year.

What is it will Strictly/DWTS and Bog Roll Rumbas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have to say the more I see of Giovanni and Otlile on YouTube the more I like them. He is a really charismatic performer and she has a touch of Queen Natalie fabulousness about her but in a latin context.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giovanni looks pretty tall in this photo standing by Gordana and Trent:

https://instagram.com/p/13GBa_GHnu/

At least 5ft 10 ?

Who will they put 5ft 1 Janette with? They've had Pasha with Ola and little Kevin has to be with Karen, so that leaves Janette with a big'un I guess. Anton?
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How strange that none of the new pros have Wiki pages (sad that I think that, I know)? :D
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is one of Gleb and Adelina's final dances from the Russian show. They didn't win in the end, but did get 'People's Choice' (whatever that is).
    Paso

..and I liked this folk dance too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched a couple of videos from russian dwts now and really surprised how much I hate it. She looks like a capable dancer but it didn't seem like she was given enough content... so much faffin' abaaaht as Len would say. So many lifts too!

This is a snap judgment I guess, though - I have literally watched about three vids, all Gleb and Adelina.