Superstar Show Discussion MONDAY 23 July

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
Forum Member
Good Morning all:)

Well fingers crossed they don't change format/rules yet again.:mad:

Have bad feeling about Nathan-he maybe stitched up *VOTE NATHAN VOTE NATHAN VOTE NATHAN VOTE NATHAN*
A s you can see, I'm totally impartial-just like the judges!!:D

Comments

• Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Nathan Joss Stone's brother? If he isn't he should be! :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure you aren't too late?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Sure you aren't too late?;)

Ha ha! Well, am busy this afternoon and am excited/nervous about tonight!:D
    Weird as I don't normally get that bothered about this type of show. Think its my beligerent streak-ALW is sooo annoying just hope Nathan gets through:D
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Is Nathan Joss Stone's brother? If he isn't he should be! :D

No he's not.:) I think he has the comparison to her on his site!

I agree, they are very similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SofaRosa wrote: »
    Ha ha! Well, am busy this afternoon and am excited/nervous about tonight!:D
    Weird as I don't normally get that bothered about this type of show. Think its my beligerent streak-ALW is sooo annoying just hope Nathan gets through:D

Lol.:D

Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt ALW wants someone who is so heavily into self-promotion.
    Had he kept his big mouth shut..........just like the other finalists..... I think Nathan would have been in with a chance but I doubt it now.

Its sad really because I'm sure he was a contender but realistically the show is the star and not the participating individuals imho.:)
    Forum Member
    Lol.:D

Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt ALW wants someone who is so heavily into self-promotion.
    Had he kept his big mouth shut..........just like the other finalists..... I think Nathan would have been in with a chance but I doubt it now.

Its sad really because I'm sure he was a contender but realistically the show is the star and not the participating individuals imho.:)

ALL the other contestants have taken to Twitter et al to get votes-he's no different and the press went for him first-which proves to me he's a 'bankable' artist & therefore, could gurantee more press coverage for the show.
    That's my rose-tinted spin on it anyway!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SofaRosa wrote: »
    ALL the other contestants have taken to Twitter et al to get votes-he's no different and the press went for him first-which proves to me he's a 'bankable' artist & therefore, could gurantee more press coverage for the show.
    That's my rose-tinted spin on it anyway!:)

Let's agree to disagree.:)

Don't get me wrong ......I do like Nathan but that u-tube clip was a very silly move and he blew his chances then imho.
  • guenevereguenevere Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interestingly, Nathan was positively featured on Sunday'sTV trailers for the Monday show. (so was Rory)

Does this signal a change of heart towards him from TPTB (The Powers That Be)?

To quote Anna in THe King and I "Oh I do hope so, your Majesty! I do hope so!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether or not he gets the role, Nathan is surely the natural heir to the great Joe Cocker. I'd love to hear him do "With A Little Help From My Friends," though obviously not on this show.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to watch on +1 tonight, but I'd just say, I think we should perhaps drop all the conspiracy theories.

I have no doubt ALW will have his favourites by now, and I accept that a 'bad' edit is possible, but at the end of the day, if you like somebody, ignore all that and VOTE for your favourite. That's the only way your fave is going to win. There's nothing ALW can do about the public vote. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'll have to watch on +1 tonight, but I'd just say, I think we should perhaps drop all the conspiracy theories.

I have no doubt ALW will have his favourites by now, and I accept that a 'bad' edit is possible, but at the end of the day, if you like somebody, ignore all that and VOTE for your favourite. That's the only way your fave is going to win. There's nothing ALW can do about the public vote. :)

I think at the end of the day if ALW doesn't like the winner or want to work with them he won't.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    5Captains wrote: »
    I think at the end of the day if ALW doesn't like the winner or want to work with them he won't.

That's his problem, not ours.

I'll be voting for the best performer and that may not be ALW's blue eyed boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    That's his problem, not ours.

I'll be voting for the best performer and that may not be ALW's blue eyed boy.

I agree, no matter who ALW thinks should be Jesus, as he has left it in the voters hands that is how the decision will be made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Good afternoon all :)

Hope you had a good weekend. After 2 nights off, am really looking forward to tonight's show!

There seems to be so much speculation on here and yet no clear front runner, though Nathan has clearly captured everyone's attention, lots of people like Roger (me inc), David with his bottom 2's and his feistiness seems like he might be gathering a fanbase and Ben's the one I initially thought might win by default as whilst there's less raving enthusiasm for him, any criticism also seems mild too. Rory I think will be bottom 2 tonight. Overall, am hoping the outcome will remain as clear as mud for some time yet!!

After the bottom three ALW helped produce on Friday, he must be feeling a bit happier about things..(personally I liked both Jeff and Jon) and am intrigued to know how the Nathan scenario is going to play out. On the initial shows I wasn't keen at all (tho this could be partly due to the efforts of mischevious producers) and then when he finally got some nice comments I found his (rather failed) attempts to appear humble and bashful endearing and he is such a strong character. Maybe they haven't discounted him entirely but feel like they need to break him to make him kind of thing (if they just don't want him, we should know soon). Have seen Tim Minchin perform a couple of times and in terms of stage presence, charisma and voice Nathan's the one I can see out-performing him but I'm not familiar with JCS so not sure what's required for the part. Hope they will get to sing 2 songs each from tonight and/or show some acting so we can see more of what the judges will have seen. Keep thinking they will have their reasons for their preferences..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good afternoon everyone, I think it was proved in Nancy that the public had the last say in who got the part and ALW wasn't happy but I voted for Jodie, who I would like to remind, owes me a fortune and you can't do a reality show where the GP are paying for ALW to turn around and not work with the winner
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone, I think it was proved in Nancy that the public had the last say in who got the part and ALW wasn't happy but I voted for Jodie, who I would like to remind, owes me a fortune and you can't do a reality show where the GP are paying for ALW to turn around and not work with the winner

If the GP vote for someone who ALW does not like, I think he will have to be professional enough to make it work.

Plus, he had plenty of opportunities in the past, before the voting eliminations to get rid of Nathan if he did not like him.

I think ALW is happy to work with any of the guys left and I am not seeing this...He hates Nathan... Business

Everyone is being critiqued by the judges, it is part of not just the show but also the industry.
    Forum Member

True ALW coud always sack the guy and get someone, he has the right.

Truthfully I can't see him wanting to do that or even doing it
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    But doesn't Tim Rice have the ability to veto
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't something like this happen when ALW was choosing an act for the Eurovision song contest?

ALW didn't like any of the proposed contestants and brought in someone from outside called Jade? He then carried on judging and in the end chose Jade ? to represent GB.
    Forum Member
    Didn't something like this happen when ALW was choosing an act for the Eurovision song contest?

ALW didn't like any of the proposed contestants and brought in someone from outside called Jade? He then carried on judging and in the end chose Jade ? to represent GB.

Oh!

Wouldn't that be crazy if at the end of all this, ALW brought in an outsider, someone he wanted all along

Bwahhhhhhh!

Now I really must go study,

Ciao :cool:
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sort of.

From what I can remember, we had most of the auditionees on, then Jade was brought on to audition towards the end of that show (it was the audition episode, so same time as the other contestants).

She competed with the rest of the contestants, and in the end it was the voting public that chose her to represent us (in the final, it was her, a guy called Mark, and a pair of female twins - they had to sing the same song "My Time" before we voted for the winner).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sort of.

From what I can remember, we had most of the auditionees on, then Jade was brought on to audition towards the end of that show (it was the audition episode, so same time as the other contestants).

She competed with the rest of the contestants, and in the end it was the voting public that chose her to represent us (in the final, it was her, a guy called Mark, and a pair of female twins - they had to sing the same song "My Time" before we voted for the winner).

Awww.:(

The truth is never half as good as a conspiracy theory, is it?:D
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh!

Wouldn't that be crazy if at the end of all this, ALW brought in an outsider, someone he wanted all along

Bwahhhhhhh!

Now I really must go study,

Ciao :cool:

Ciao..:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon, all. What's the betting Jason gives us his judging "old chestnuts" this evening, :
    • By starting his comments with "You know - I can't fault that." (Possible Subtext: "No matter how much I've LOVE to. Damn!")
    • By stating "That's one of my favourite songs." (Possible Subtext: "And you've ruined it." OR "And your performance was so good, that I'm going to ignore it and divert attention to the song.")
    • By watering down a set of positive comments with a bland conclusion: "Yeah, it was good." (Possible subtext: "No matter how good it was, it had better not be better than . . . er, perhaps, for example, . . . Rory, maybe?")

I know it's a rehash of my words from Friday, and of course it may be too late in the compo to do that.

Doubtless there will be subtler machinations at work.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »

The backlash is a little unfair though. Jessie might have got more votes if people were not voting for her in order to spite ALW.