Options

Is it time for Shirley to Leave Eastenders

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    She's not bright enough to pull it off. If she suceeded she'd spend it on whisky

I love pissed Shirls :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Lol. :D

Shirley would rather spend time with the whiskey bottle than spend time with her own kids. :D

I bet she would've ended up naming her kids something like Sherry or Brandy if it weren't for Kevin :D
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I liked Shirley in the past, but she worked best behind the bar of the Vic, as a double act with Heather and with Carly and Deano. As all of those things aren't around anymore, I think it would be best for her to leave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    No
    No she just needs juicy stories!!
  • Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    No
    No she is another one in search of a storyline that's all, see Carol and Jean for other examples. They would be mad to axe someone of Linda's calibre just because Shirley has been in the background for a bit. And let's not forget that Shirley dominated for much of last year.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    Yes
    2014. he got 4 years so he could be out in two.

I doubt he would be released early after only getting 4 years in the first place, why do you want her to stay until he gets home? If she or Ben have anything to say to each other then she could visit or write.

Also, regarding the redeeming/redemption of Ben and Phil, you cannot redeem yourself just by saying sorry and/or feeling bad, you do wrong then it stays done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Ooh its neck and neck in the poll :eek:
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Hard one to vote for as yes I want her to stay but not in the way she's being used

That big comeback was pathetic if this is all she's 'comeback' to do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Surprised this thread reopened. :eek:
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Surprised this thread reopened. :eek:

Well it's a good thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    "Yes" is currently ahead!
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Well it's a good thread.

Of course it is, you started it. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Well it's a good thread.

Long live Shirley :p
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think Shirley should hook up with Cora and become a lesbian couple. They have nothing else to do with her, so might as well throw her with a Branning/Cross :cool:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Long live Shirley :p

And Boots her cat. :p
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    felixrex wrote: »
    Nah. I think they could benefit greatly by using her properly and giving her the development she's long overdue.

Eastenders is running low on long-term characters at the minute and I think that's a shame and is really effecting the stability of the show. Generally speaking, I tend to be more on the side of thinking the writers should just pull their fingers out and use the characters they've got properly rather than focusing on a select few and letting the rest subside into nothingness until axing them seems like the most viable option. That way, we get a show full of interesting characters, with the added benefit of having a good few years under their belt.

The only reason Shirley has become such a redundant character is because the writers and producers aren't interested in her and, therefore, aren't using her well. There's no reason to believe any character brought in in her place would be treated any more graciously. If TPTB could learn to write indiscriminately for every character again, rather than focusing exclusively on their select favourites and letting the rest rot into irrelevance, the show probably wouldn't have such a high turnover in characters.
    vald wrote: »
    Great post felix, and I agree with you all the way.

What is the point in getting rid of an interesting character like Shirley only to keep those like Alice, Kim, Ray and Tyler, and to bring in the oh so dull Ava and Dexter.

Shirley was not a good mother and she KNEW this. She lacked that mothering instinct that others can take for granted. By leaving them she did the best thing she could for them...they were better off without her. An interesting flaw but by no means unique. If she had been male I don't think there would be so much anger, but a mother is meant to be different.
    Agree with these posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I think Shirley should hook up with Cora and become a lesbian couple. They have nothing else to do with her, so might as well throw her with a Branning :cool:.

Cora is a Cross.

There is plenty that can be done with Shirley, all they need is some creative writing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Of course it is, you started it. ;)

Shush I was trying to praise myself without anyone noticing! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think Shirley should hook up with Cora and become a lesbian couple. They have nothing else to do with her, so might as well throw her with a Branning :cool:.

Shora? Why not :D They can spend all their time getting plastered. But think of how crazy their fights will be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    Shush I was trying to praise myself without anyone noticing! :D

You wanna watch out you'll not be able to sit down with all the friction that your backside seems to having :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Shora? Why not :D They can spend all their time getting plastered. But think of how crazy their fights will be!

Cora - Tanya I've got a new man in my life
    Tanya - Oooooo who is he. Do I know him.
    Cora - Meet my new boyfriend Shirley
    Tanya - But Shirleys a woman!
    Cora - Is he? I hadn't noticed.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Cora is a Cross.

There is plenty that can be done with Shirley, all they need is some creative writing.

Ah, I knew someone would point that out, so I edited it as "Branning/Cross" :p. I think you know what I mean when I say Branning though. The Cross' are essentially extended members of the family.

What can be done though? More drinking? More empty threats directed at Philth? More snarling? Seen that all before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cora - Tanya I've got a new man in my life
    Tanya - Oooooo who is he. Do I know him.
    Cora - Meet my new boyfriend Shirley
    Tanya - But Shirleys a woman!
    Cora - Is he? I hadn't noticed.

Hahaha :D:D That is pure genius!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    You wanna watch out you'll not be able to sit down with all the friction that your backside seems to having :D

Friction in my backside is not really a bad thing.......;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think Shirley should hook up with Cora and become a lesbian couple. They have nothing else to do with her, so might as well throw her with a Branning/Cross :cool:.

Yes. They can bond over their mutual love of the bottle and how they are both abysmal parents. :D