Dermot O'Leary new presenter for 2015

ssrssr Posts: 297
Forum Member
I have heard a whisper that Dermot is being lined up for Strictly, which would mean Tess going as she is much taller than him.
What do you all think?
Could it be true?

Comments

• mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Hope not that would be a bad move
  • Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    mammacassi wrote: »
    Hope not that would be a bad move

I doubt he would leave the X Factor. I don't think he's right for the role anyway.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No; He is a bit tedious and annoying....

I like Tess and Claudia :)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As he has said he has no plans to leave X-F yet, it would unlikely he would be considered for SCD! Whether he would be good or not, I haven't a clue, as I don't watch X-F so have never seen him.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doubt he will leave X-Factor

I like Tess and Claudia together
  • missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not - I would have to watch it later as I cannot watch him. Does not seem the right person for the role when you consider the audience of SCD - X Factor is much more his line.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't signed for X factor next year.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ssr wrote: »
    I have heard a whisper that Dermot is being lined up for Strictly, which would mean Tess going as she is much taller than him.
    What do you all think?
    Could it be true?

I think that when the voices in your head get that loud, you should start taking the tablets again.
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I think that when the voices in your head get that loud, you should start taking the tablets again.
    He is doing a 24 hour dance marathon for comic relief, sponsored by the BBC.I think it's his starter for 10
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    What do you all think?
    Could it be true?

Seems a bit random. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I suppose that's one way to make me stop watching.... the man is a talent vacuum Tess / Claudia was a broadly successful and popular pairing
    (crazy twitterati not withstanding )
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Heard a whisper ..."

Says it all really
  • ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    "Heard a whisper ..."

Says it all really
    From an employee of Dermot's management company!
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'd never happen. If Dermot did that it would show how little loyalty he had for XF for 8 years.

Strictly were applauded for their all female presenter line up. I don't think they'll change it not yet anyway. Claudia turned out to be good and the Tess/Claudia combo worked well for me.

I'm sure Simon would make Dermot an offer he couldn't refuse, however BBC couldn't do the same...!

I know Alesha jumped ship and that was only really because she knew her job was up anyway and that deep down she wasn't that good a Strictly judge in technical terms. Simon wanted to poach her to show Strictly who's bigger! Thats the only reason he did that.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'd never happen. If Dermot did that it would show how little loyalty he had for XF for 8 years.

Strictly were applauded for their all female presenter line up. I don't think they'll change it not yet anyway. Claudia turned out to be good and the Tess/Claudia combo worked well for me.

I'm sure Simon would make Dermot an offer he couldn't refuse, however BBC couldn't do the same...!

I know Alesha jumped ship and that was only really because she knew her job was up anyway and that deep down she wasn't that good a Strictly judge in technical terms. Simon wanted to poach her to show Strictly who's bigger! Thats the only reason he did that.

Having watched Strictly for the last couple of years, I really liked having two female presenters. Tess and Claudia have great chemistry. I also give praise to Zoe as well when she had to cover for Claudia.

Dermot himself has suggested that Emma Willis would be his ideal replacement if he decided to leave. Thing is, who would replace Emma on The Voice? That's what I find interesting.....
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From an employee of Dermot's management company!

So it just has to be true ....
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely, Dermot has been doing the show for so long that it would be a betrayal, especially when we all know that The X Factor has been shedding viewers.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    There are probably all sorts of discussion and rumours going on about the next series of Strictly, but nothing serious happens until about April.

It's far too early to listen to any rumours. Just look at all the wild rumours and viewer/fan preferences last year - all a complete waste of time.

And the thread title is very misleading - suggests that a decision has been made, which common sense tells you it hasn't. A question mark at the end of the title would be accurate, as it indicates it's the OPs opinion/suggestion only.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    Hasn't signed for X factor next year.

Nobody ever heard of "negotiating tactics" by agents.

This is in the realm of all those celeb stories about someone "in talks" to do Strictly, when they are actually negotiating for something else, and their agent just using possibly signing up for Strictly as a bargaining chip.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Nobody ever heard of "negotiating tactics" by agents.

This is in the realm of all those celeb stories about someone "in talks" to do Strictly, when they are actually negotiating for something else, and their agent just using possibly signing up for Strictly as a bargaining chip.

It also keeps both Strictly and TXF in the news during the fallow period.
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Dermot on BBLB but can't stand him on X Factor. Don't think this will happen.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    What do you all think?
    Could it be true?

I hope not, he has the most boring, monotonous voice, and is a very amateurish presenter. :(
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Highly unlikely - presumably Dermot is renegotiating his contract with Cowell and ITV so wants to appear to have other options.

Why would he take a pay cut anyway?

The chance of this is zero!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he would leave the X Factor. I don't think he's right for the role anyway.

I don't know how much he gets paid, but I doubt if BBC would match the salary.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missiemoo wrote: »
    I hope not - I would have to watch it later as I cannot watch him. Does not seem the right person for the role when you consider the audience of SCD - X Factor is much more his line.

His not too bad on Radio BBC2. Plays some good music. But then I only listen to it in the car.