[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote: »

All over the net.

Very sad, but strange too. I wouldn't have thought a couple who'd just had children would be even contemplating such a move. They say it's because she wants the children to live out of the hustle and bustle of the city, but he wants to be there because of his Broadway commitments. He's loaded, he can afford a driver to get him there, so what's the idea of them living separately?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont believe a word of this from a tripe sad mag
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Did I dream it or something but I'm sure I remember a couple of years ago Matthew being found out that he was having an affair and they were going to split.....I was suprised when they said they were expecting twins
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Hmm im not so sure about this

Let's wait for a confirmation first
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a foot
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yag wrote: »
    She looks like a foot

A refreshing change from the usual 'horse with lipstick' I suppose. :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of couples would have similar arrangements - a family home somewhere quiet, and a pad in the city for work (well, lots of wealthy, high-flying couples!) It could be that SJP and MB are going to do just that, and spend free time together, and the rags have got the wrong end of the stick.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been a lot of rumours about them in recent months. Nothing confirmed, just speculation.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millions of people commute everyday whats the problem with that? seems very strange after just having adopted two children, more to this than meets the eye i think
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes sense for someone who works in the theatre to have a home in the city, so he (or she) is close to work - if they're having to travel in to work every day, there's the worry of being stuck in traffic, the physical toll that travelling there (and back again) every day takes on you and the time it takes.

There may be more to this, or it may just be that Matthew doesn't want the extra hassle of commuting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they stay together, I actually like them.

I do think Matthew has been a bit of a tool lately though with his crap mid-life crisis...
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    yag wrote: »
    She looks like a foot

It'd be nice if you'd actually make a comment on the story instead of making unpleasant and unconstructive remarks.

But then, that's just you isn't it? Can't get by without casting aspersions about some poor soul. :rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »
    Did I dream it or something but I'm sure I remember a couple of years ago Matthew being found out that he was having an affair and they were going to split.....I was suprised when they said they were expecting twins

Yes, it was about a year ago I think. Nothing ever was confirmed, and they are still together.

This news is maybe a bit surprising given how young the twins are, but it just seems to me that one of them will be commuting for work purposes, which is no different to plenty of people who live near work in the week and then go home to their family at the weekend.

Obviously a slow news day when this was reported!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want to be an old cynic but could it be they remained together until the twins were born and they got them home and then decided to split perhaps?....
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if you'd actually make a comment on the story instead of making unpleasant and unconstructive remarks.

But then, that's just you isn't it? Can't get by without casting aspersions about some poor soul. :rolleyes:

Quite ;)
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the end to me...
  • Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I reckon Matthew hasn't been getting any Sex in the City since he allegedly played away. A situation that looks set to continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

Or sole :p

Anyhoo while many people commute lots who can afford it have an inner city and outer city place too and see each other on weekends etc. I hope they can make it work whatever their arrangement, I think sjp seems like a nice girl.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    christ its not as if shes in la and hes in ny
  • NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    This just strikes me as very odd if it is indeed true.

As a former New Yorker - Brooklyn is still New York City just like Manhattan is. It's not a huge distance away from Broadway either. If SJP is looking in Brooklyn then she's likely to be in my old area which is just a short hop across the Brooklyn Bridge. Getting around NYC is a heck of a lot easier and quicker than London (and cheaper too) - so the idea about saving time doesnt quite hold up since he does use the subway. MB has always struck me as a hard-core Manhattanite - they just can't conceive of being exiled to the outer boroughs.

At any rate - I wondered if having the twins was supposed to somehow cement their marriage. In certain circles back home there has been talk for quite some time that all has not been well in the Parker-Broderick household since she became the bigger name with more earning power thanks to SatC. I got the impression it was more her thing than his to have more children. It's sad all the way around - staying together for the sake of the children would be just as problematic as splitting up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »

No you did not and not that I am saying anything but a lot of newspapers and mags when covering it mentioned that a while ago he had an affair with a 25 year old and that the 'surrogate' mother had just turned 26, hhhmmmm.....?