Help please with a dessert for dinner tomorrow night

Christmas KissChristmas Kiss Posts: 87
Forum Member
Hi Everyone. I wonder if anyone can help me at all? I don't entertain often and have friends coming round for dinner tomorrow night. I like cooking from scratch, homemade dishes and they like traditional type food which is great for me.

I'm going to make fresh mushroom soup for starter, with a homemade chicken, leek, mushroom pie, with creamed pototoes, broccoli and sweetcorn for the main meal.

I want a very simple easy light 'dessert', and I saw something on Christmas Eve on Jamie Oliver's show, it was frozen grapes, served on a dish with pieces of broken chocolate and .... this is what I can't remember, a small glass of white alcoholic liquid which I dont know what it was.

anyone any ideas? Also, has anyone tried the frozen grapes with chocolate thing and does anyone know what the drink served with it would be?

I am pretty tight budget wise so I thought this type of sweet would be cheap. If anyone thinks it sounds rubbish, I dont mind !

Comments

• MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was grappa, and sorry, but I thought it sounded poncey. :p
  • Christmas KissChristmas Kiss Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    GRAPPA! That was the name! ooooh. If you think it's poncey, maybe they might think the same. Mabye I will have a rethink. Think it might have to be an Aldi or a Lidl frozen dessert.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the dessert is not poncey but the name is, then make a new non poncey name!

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no go for frozen grape and grappa, then it's all homemade and soooo much nicer than a shop bought dessert
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fannyadams wrote: »
    no go for frozen grape and grappa, then it's all homemade and soooo much nicer than a shop bought dessert

and if it tastes great, who gives a toss what its called? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and if it tastes great, who gives a toss what its called? :confused:

absolutely, a person after my own heart :D
  • Christmas KissChristmas Kiss Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    fannyadams wrote: »

You know, that is a good idea, I did kind of like the idea of a different dessert, well for me anyway as my own is normally chocolate icecream. I do enjoy cooking, l really love home cooking but my friends eat mostly fast convenient stuff so I'm really looking forward to feeding them as I know they will tuck in! Frozen grapes and grappa it is now. Thank you very much everyone.:)