Merlin Series 4 - General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Purple-flowerPurple-flower Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    To be fair Gwen is treated poorly in general.

I don't know why people put the blame on her for "two timing" Arthur and Lancelot when they have both messed her around. Firstly she fancied Lancelot who fancied her back but he was banished from the kingdom and when he left couldn't even be bothered to ask her to go with him. Then Arthur comes along, teasing her, telling her he loves her but they can't be together because of his father. Then Lancelot comes back kisses her, tells her he loves her then goes off again so she can be with Arthur. Arthur continues to court her and she has to watch him have "liaisons" with two other women enchanted or not it still hurt her.

She can have her pick of the men in Camelot and beyond because let's face it she is gorgeous and many have tried (Gwaine included) to win her affections.

I think she should give Arthur an ultimatum!! :D
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know why people put the blame on her for "two timing" Arthur and Lancelot when they have both messed her around. Firstly she fancied Lancelot who fancied her back but he was banished from the kingdom and when he left couldn't even be bothered to ask her to go with him. Then Arthur comes along, teasing her, telling her he loves her but they can't be together because of his father. Then Lancelot comes back kisses her, tells her he loves her then goes off again so she can be with Arthur. Arthur continues to court her and she has to watch him have "liaisons" with two other women enchanted or not it still hurt her.

She can have her pick of the men in Camelot and beyond because let's face it she is gorgeous and many have tried (Gwaine included) to win her affections.

Exactly!! Although it must be hard when said person has the power to dictate your life. I just hope she doesn't take being messed about lying down.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I approve of this :D

(Or she should run off with Morgana :p Hey, she might have half heartedly tried to kill her but at least she's being up front about it :p)

I always thought she was rather more angry with Lancelot for making her choice for her. He left because he didn't want to get between her and Arthur and wanted to concede to him but he never actually asked her what she wanted. I think at that time she would have quite happily have chosen him even if she did feel bad about upsetting Arthur!

Basically, Lancelot being noble shot him in the arse there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    on BBC merlin official website new preview clip of his fathers son, mmm merlin looks fine in that uniform!
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahm97 wrote: »
    on BBC merlin official website new preview clip of his fathers son, mmm merlin looks fine in that uniform!

I didn't notice...;):o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Honestly I thought he didn't look quite right in it at all. It looks like he's been given his dad or older brother's armour in the hope he'll grow into it :D

He should stick to being a wizard.
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. I hope he gets to wear it more in the future :D
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Merlin and Gwen never have any scenes together any more:( in the early series they were good friends:(
    Forum Member
    Merlin and Gwen never have any scenes together any more:( in the early series they were good friends:(

you should be pleased to hear that in this series one episode is them two on a quest together, you should like that;')
    Forum Member
    this must all go together..
    arthur breaks gwens heart, because agravaine convinces him, and gwen (understandibly slaps arthur)

got that from this website... http://cultfix.co.uk/merlin-his-fathers-son-teasers-14821.htm
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    anyone any theories on how he breaks her heart?

Anyone think it will just be more the case of Arthur killing the man without a trial, turning into his father ect.. kinda thing??
    Forum Member
    Anyone think it will just be more the case of Arthur killing the man without a trial, turning into his father ect.. kinda thing??

that is ahat i thought when I first read the 'crisis point' but then with Agravaine saying that she isnt good enough for Arthur fits with the story more?
    but I think both will appear in the argument/ break-up in which Gwen ( may or may not slap Arthur)
    Forum Member
    that is ahat i thought when I first read the 'crisis point' but then with Agravaine saying that she isnt good enough for Arthur fits with the story more?
    but I think both will appear in the argument/ break-up in which Gwen ( may or may not slap Arthur)

Hmm.. disliking Agravaine more and more (Shame coz Nathaniel is a lovely man lol)

Its ok the break up wont last long because
    Arthur will propose to her soon ..... but again that wont last too long either...
    Forum Member
    Hmm.. disliking Agravaine more and more (Shame coz Nathaniel is a lovely man lol)

Its ok the break up wont last long because
    Arthur will propose to her soon ..... but again that wont last too long either...

what do you mean that the proposal wont last long? they do get married, its confirmed.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all! Tonight's thread has been made and can be located here. :) Enjoy the show!
    Forum Member
    what do you mean that the proposal wont last long? they do get married, its confirmed.
    In the end they do yes but...... not before a whole bunch of problems thou.. problems that start with a certain meddling cow whose name starts with an M ;)
    Forum Member
    In the end they do yes but...... not before a whole bunch of problems thou.. problems that start with a certain meddling cow whose name starts with an M ;)

true. this series is really good up to now and also i adore morgana's evil look!
    Forum Member
    true. this series is really good up to now and also i adore morgana's evil look!

I think this series is fantastic and is only going to get better :D .. Oh yes she looks great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie's acting has REALLY improved imo. Even though Morgana is my favourite character I have always found her to be quite wooden but she has definitely upped her game. I think she plays Evil Morgana much better than she ever played Good Morgana.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »
    Katie's acting has REALLY improved imo. Even though Morgana is my favourite character I have always found her to be quite wooden but she has definitely upped her game. I think she plays Evil Morgana much better than she ever played Good Morgana.

I do agree that she's better this series than she was last but, her voice isn't very strong and as a result she tends to taper off at the end of sentences.

Credit where credit is due I loved the look of horror on her face when Annis told her that she was more like Uther than she realised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    franster wrote: »

Katie was very inexperienced when she started Merlin and she was never a bad actress imo but she didn't have the finesse of the others.

She had learned very quickly and I'm impressed with the depth she is bringing to Morgana this series. She is adding a lot to the character with the way she's playing her so good on her!
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As ever, the chemistry between merlin and arthur is brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    As ever, the chemistry between merlin and arthur is brilliant.

Agreed. For me, their scenes together ar still the most enjoyable part.:D
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/merlin/news/a348367/merlin-a-servant-of-two-masters-in-pictures.html some pics from the next episode.

they're starting to overdo the old Merlin thing now....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Bolly wrote: »
    Agreed. For me, their scenes together ar still the most enjoyable part.:D

Me too. I love the chemistry between the two of them - I wish Arthur would hurry up and be shown Merlin's magic powers!

To me, Merlin is the BBC at its best :)