Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    The fact we have the work Christmas tree up. We've had it a month already, but head office want it up to promote christmas bookings.

Aaaaagggggh- it's July!!!! >:(

Surely they can think of ways of promoting Christmas bookings without doing that!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Websites that insist you register an account before being allowed to view the content. I don't think so.

That bugs me as well but that's why i have a spare 'junk' email account to use. Either that, or just use "me@here.com" because often, the site software really only looks for the "@<something>.com" part and assumes it's a valid email.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    Passwo:rds
    i remember creating a new password for the application I use at work and it said "cannot be the same as your previous 5 passwords". I wouldn't mind but it was still saying it on my tenth go : |
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    i remember creating a new password for the application I use at work and it said "cannot be the same as your previous 5 passwords". I wouldn't mind but it was still saying it on my tenth go : |

I was just thinking about this earlier, while I mess around with my system.
    I haven't come across a restriction of 5 yet though!

Some developers really need to have their privileges revoked
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    For some reason this one thing that happened about 15 years ago came to mind last nigh and remembered how it annoyed me intensely at the time. I taped an episode of ER on VHS for a friend. We agreed I'd tape it, he'd watch it over the weekend and he'd return the cassette to me on Monday. The ER episode was taped after something else I recorded on the tape, but not watched yet. Anyway, my friend took it home, watched the episode of ER, rewound the cassette and then taped something else over my programme (he watched the thing he taped before the Monday). I wasn't pleased. It was never mentioned that there was something on the tape that I wanted to watch, but I felt it was a liberty to tape something on someone else's cassette. We didn't fall out over it anything like that, but between you and me, I was seething inside. I'll get over...someday.

I once lent a cassette tape to someone so they could learn a song. I got it back without the case, which was annoying because I then didn't have a note of what else was on it and ended up recording over something I would have otherwise wanted to keep!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »

That made me smile, thanks! :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    I once lent a cassette tape to someone so they could learn a song. I got it back without the case, which was annoying because I then didn't have a note of what else was on it and ended up recording over something I would have otherwise wanted to keep!

I once gave a VHS to someome so they could record it on DVD, I still havent got it back and it had some quite rare stuff on it I wanted to keep! :(
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Where I work, there are signs telling us not to put chewing gum in the urinal and not to put paper towels down the khazi.

Either they think we're f***ing thick or or it gives some jobsworth something to do.

We're also told not to take 2 paper towels, so I take 3.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    '24/7' - is it really too time consuming and/or difficult to say '24 hours a day, 7 days a week'?!
  • mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    jo2015 wrote: »

We're also told not to take 2 paper towels, so I take 3.

This! This annoys me intensely! I would take as many as I fancied.

Also - long, pointy fingernails, shaped a bit like a teardrop. They look dangerous. And annoy me intensely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who close and flicker their eyes whilst talking,

Increasing levels of right wingness in the so called Labour party,

Orangey brown, dirty looking makeup lines.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Dizzy spells are back

My OH making a joke about my ass, he knows I ****ing hate it!
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy spells are back

My OH making a joke about my ass, he knows I ****ing hate it!

Could your dizzy spells be to you not getting enough nutrients in your diet?
    Forum Member
    Could your dizzy spells be to you not getting enough nutrients in your diet?

I doubt it since I take a multi vit daily and they come and go
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The London Anniversary Games.

We get it: London 2012 was great. Do we need a reminder of it *every* year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it since I take a multi vit daily and they come and go

Could it be stress?....

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dizziness/pages/introduction.aspx
    Forum Member

Could be

It happens when i put my head back (to gargle mouthwash for instance) bend over or lie down and turn my head to the right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be

It happens when i put my head back (to gargle mouthwash for instance) bend over or lie down and turn my head to the right

Actually, that sounds more like an inner-ear thing...
    Forum Member
    Actually, that sounds more like an inner-ear thing...

I did have a feeling it could be that
    Forum Member
    Could be

It could be this:

http://www.michiganear.com/bppv-fact-sheet.html

Only could mind you, best to get it seen by the GP if unsure.

I had it for a while and did the exercises to try to move the crystals. It went and has never come back!
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    It could be this:

http://www.michiganear.com/bppv-fact-sheet.html

Only could mind you, best to get it seen by the GP if unsure.

I had it for a while and did the exercises to try to move the crystals. It went and has never come back!

Yikes :o
    Forum Member
    Yikes :o

The article is a bit OTT I think.

There are videos of how to do the Brandt - Daroff exercises on You Tube if you're interested. They worked for me.
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Over packaged items bought online.
    Bought an eyeliner that came in a box the size of a chicken coop.....WHY.
    Ok i exaggerate a tad but it was a tiny item in a hugemungous box.
    WHY.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People moaning about seagulls leading my regional news, and increasingly national news.

I'd include simply people who moan about seagulls too but it's not so trivial if it gets to the stage where a cull is implemented. I don't like One Direction. Can I cull them too?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    People moaning about seagulls leading my regional news, and increasingly national news.

I'd include simply people who moan about seagulls too but it's not so trivial if it gets to the stage where a cull is implemented. I don't like One Direction. Can I cull them too?

i'll sign that petition
This discussion has been closed.