Options

Grange Hill Series 12 (1989)

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
I have uploaded Series 12 Ep 2 and Ep3 onto Youtube the quality particularly of Ep2 isn't great hopefully the video wil stabilise as I get to rip more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtOYkTEOcc

Series 12 Ep1 is already on Youtube by another user- well the second half it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURrMq5DmlU

Comments

• Options
    grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have recordings directly from BBC1 at the time that are great quality - vhs though of course.
    Never occurred to me to upload them , even if I did know how to do it
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh this was my era!! Thanks for uploading :-)
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a classic series with the Danny Kendall feud with Bronson, Trevor's drinking and the trip to the Isle of Wight. I know in some regions ITV put Home and Away against it, but surely good old Grange Hill was far better than this and I stood by it.( Rows with the remote in my house were common and I'm glad I won).
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just be careful folks! BBC Worldwide are becoming hot on BBC programs being uploaded to Youtube! I have already received a complaint in the last week lodged by them for a clip I uploaded over two years ago!
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    This was a classic series with the Danny Kendall feud with Bronson, Trevor's drinking and the trip to the Isle of Wight. I know in some regions ITV put Home and Away against it, but surely good old Grange Hill was far better than this and I stood by it.( Rows with the remote in my house were common and I'm glad I won).

The last truly great series IMO

Never recovered after the likes of Gonch and Ziggy left
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

I'd disagree, actually; I think there was a lot of good stuff after that, especially a late flowering from 1998 to 2002. Sadly, the series never really recovered from the move to Liverpool and the last was very poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Just be careful folks! BBC Worldwide are becoming hot on BBC programs being uploaded to Youtube! I have already received a complaint in the last week lodged by them for a clip I uploaded over two years ago!

If they complain I will move it elsewhere I will let you know when next few episodes are uploaded probably Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 4 and Episode 5 now uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8_JvSttdA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 down , 15 to go
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.grangehillclub.co.uk/view_forum.php?id=26

This site has links to all from Series 5 onwards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks to that link i posted ive been sitting watching Series 5, only got a few episodes let to see, this is when i remember watching it with Zammo, Roland etc in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

The following series had its moments with the football firm, even if the hooligans were on the way out by 1990, but it never seemed to come back after this as Mc Cluskey had left, Hargreaves was just a weak Thatcherite imitation of Bronson and the new staff seemed like wet liberals with little charm.
  • Options
    Matt_1979Matt_1979 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I must admit I enjoyed Grange Hill in the 1990s after McClusky left and I liked the more liberal members of staff like Mr Brisley and Miss Carver. Grange Hill did really change, though after Gonch, Ziggy and Bronson left, the new theme, titles and sets gave the programme a very different look.

Although Series 12 is excellent (as are all the mid and late 80s Grange Hill series) my personal favourites are Series 17-19 - the grittiest, most dramatic era of Grange Hill.

I don't think the programme was very believable after the move to Liverpool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt_1979 wrote: »
    I must admit I enjoyed Grange Hill in the 1990s after McClusky left and I liked the more liberal members of staff like Mr Brisley and Miss Carver. Grange Hill did really change, though after Gonch, Ziggy and Bronson left, the new theme, titles and sets gave the programme a very different look.

Although Series 12 is excellent (as are all the mid and late 80s Grange Hill series) my personal favourites are Series 17-19 - the grittiest, most dramatic era of Grange Hill.

I don't think the programme was very believable after the move to Liverpool.

Wasn't there a teacher in the early noughties called Deverill who made Bronson look soft?
    I suppose, though, teaching had changed during the series. Authoritarian characters like Keating and Bronson were being replaced by liberals with a different outlook, same as in real life.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there a teacher in the early noughties called Deverill who made Bronson look soft?
    I suppose, though, teaching had changed during the series. Authoritarian characters like Keating and Bronson were being replaced by liberals with a different outlook, same as in real life.

Yes, wasn't he the one that bullied Ian, and took a stolen identity, in fact he was sacked from his previous job, and Deverill was a name he took from one of the teachers at his old job?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC it was Deverill who was involved in the fire that destroyed GH in series 25 .
    And when it was repaired it was in Liverpool and not London
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, wasn't he the one that bullied Ian, and took a stolen identity, in fact he was sacked from his previous job, and Deverill was a name he took from one of the teachers at his old job?

My niece watched it when Deverill was in and he set fire to the school. Wonder if it was the evil games teacher from series four, Hicks, with a new identity wanting to take his revenge on the school that sacked him 20 years earlier? It's possible as Bullet and Mc Cluskey had long gone.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bronson would have eaten Deverell for breakfast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 18 of Series 8, and who do i see in it - Louie Spence.
  • Options
    hollohollo Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I'd disagree, actually; I think there was a lot of good stuff after that, especially a late flowering from 1998 to 2002. Sadly, the series never really recovered from the move to Liverpool and the last was very poor.
    late flowering maybe but you had a core of 20 good actors in the 1989 series including the teachers.Iain robertson who played sean the bully was great in the 1998 series. Refreshing.