Kate Winslet annoying or what

2»

Comments

• mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    I suppose if it was the first time Kate had got a big award it would be endearing, but she wins a lot as she is such a talented actress. It would be more surprising if she did a more normal speech these days!

Guy Pearces acceptance speech was a bit rude and that doesn't seem to get mentioned!

Why what did he say?

I like Kate Winslet but I do find her acceptance speeches a little irritating. I dont know why, she always says humble things and thanks the right people.
  • TamaraTeaBagTamaraTeaBag Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    She is such a dose!

Honest to god
  • teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I find Kate Winslet very annoying! I did temporarily change my mind when she appeared in Extras as she was great in that but she is now back to being irritating!
  • Loubell1983Loubell1983 Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I think Kate Winslet is a very talented actress, I love her in everything she has been in. She has records for the most nominated actress under the age of 30 (for Oscars).

I agree her speeches are a bit annoying, BUT we all know what the British Press are like, anything to knock someone down when they are doing well is what they look for, hence the reason that the papers/Sky News have segments about this speech.

I just think we should forgive the annoying speeches and appreciate a British actress at the top of her game doing well instead of knocking her!
    Forum Member
    teagenie wrote: »
    I find Kate Winslet very annoying! I did temporarily change my mind when she appeared in Extras as she was great in that but she is now back to being irritating!

I really started to dislike her after her Golden Globes win - when she was banging on about her Husband and her "best friend" Leonardo DiCaprio - He looked so morto during her gushing speech too
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's prejudicial...but her gushing, simpering, OTT acceptance speeches and obsession with showing us how fit the poor bullied fat girl now it :rolleyes: as well as showing us her arse (not neccesary) and this bizarre self belief that she's a sex symbol (she isn't) grate on me so much that I can't bring myself to watch her films. If an actor's ego overpowers their talent, then it ruined it for me - I find it too hard to suspend my disbelief.

Running to collect your awad....FFS! :D No wonder the days of Hollywood glamour are over!
    Forum Member
    I know it's prejudicial...but her gushing, simpering, OTT acceptance speeches and obsession with showing us how fit the poor bullied fat girl now it :rolleyes: as well as showing us her arse (not neccesary) and this bizarre self belief that she's a sex symbol (she isn't) grate on me so much that I can't bring myself to watch her films. If an actor's ego overpowers their talent, then it ruined it for me - I find it too hard to suspend my disbelief.

Running to collect your awad....FFS! :D No wonder the days of Hollywood glamour are over!

its no wonder sam mendes had enough in fairness, imagine listening to her 24/7

god help us
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't wholly a reflection on her acting, although to be honest her films never appeal to me - all I am aware of is the fact she usually gets her kit off at some point. :D

But it's the way she overplays the "What?? Humble, little old me??!" act.

She's been doing this stuff for long enough in order to be a little 'cooler' about it by now, and to rein in the simpering and saccharine-heavy acceptance speeches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I went to school with her - and she was always so over the top and dramatic. Her two other sisters who are actress are lovely and down to earth.

Kate mum still shops in Asda