Options

Peaches Geldof -- 'drugs overdose', more money than sense?

i4ui4u Posts: 55,018
Forum Member
No wonder it's all gone quiet on the Peaches front...yet again she's linked to drugs....
Two weeks ago, Freddy (McConnell) was found dead of an overdose at his flat in London at the age of just 18

For his grieving parents, the diary entry made by their son Freddy just a few months before he died ... reads: ‘Peaches is coming over later and I am going to inject for the first time. Perhaps I will die. I hope I don’t.’

James (father) says: ‘Peaches sounded more interested in protecting herself when she phoned me this week than sorry for what had happened to my son. She confessed to giving Freddy money to buy drugs. She said she had done it only once, but who knows?’

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    She is her mother's daughter it seems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    reading the long article puts a different slant on things .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    she should be questioned by the five 0

if she has admitted funding this usage of drugs

specially as shes been named in his diary.

those pics of her with that older man fuct out of her box were horrible, junkie scum.

her mother was beautiful & very warm when I met her in a book shop in manchester years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Involved or not, shit sticks.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shearer9uk wrote: »
    she should be questioned by the five 0

if she has admitted funding this usage of drugs

specially as shes been named in his diary.

those pics of her with that older man fuct out of her box were horrible, junkie scum.

her mother was beautiful & very warm when I met her in a book shop in manchester years ago.
    Actually, Paula was as much junkie scum as Peaches. Can't excuse one and not the other.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I can understand this parents are grieving, but they are trying to find scapegoat, left right and centre for the fact that this things just happen, and sometimes in a perfectly middle class family. Some people are simply drawn to bad things, first was Peter Doherty's fault, now it's Peaches.

It's funny that they glossed over the fact they decided to divorce at exactly the same time that they noticed his change in his son from a nice kid to a depressed, problematic teen. It's interesting that they see absolutely no connection with that, but on the other hand are sure that listening Pete Doherty's music was a factor that contributed to his bad behaviour. And now it's Peaches evil influence. As a daughter of a couple that divorced at exactly the same time, i could have told them that no amount of music or rock stars bad example will have has much influence in your behaviour as the fact that the marriage of your parents is deteriorating in front of your eyes. And even then, they cannot be blamed for his choices.
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I can understand this parents are grieving, but they are trying to find scapegoat, left right and centre for the fact that this things just happen, and sometimes in a perfectly middle class family. Some people are simply drawn to bad things, first was Peter Doherty's fault, now it's Peaches.

It's funny that they glossed over the fact they decided to divorce at exactly the same time that they noticed his change in his son from a nice kid to a depressed, problematic teen. It's interesting that they see absolutely no connection with that, but on the other hand are sure that listening Pete Doherty's music was a factor that contributed to his bad behaviour. And now it's Peaches evil influence. As a daughter of a couple that divorced at exactly the same time, i could have told them that no amount of music or rock stars bad example will have has much influence in your behaviour as the fact that the marriage of your parents is deteriorating in front of your eyes. And even then, they cannot be blamed for his choices.

I agree.

As Larkin said: They **** you up, your mum and dad.

These things happen and I'm sorry for their loss, but noone forced him into doing it.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's fair to blame Peaches.

The guy clearly had a long, long history of drug use (starting at 13) so it really was inevitable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member

The guy clearly had a long, long history of drug use (starting at 13) so it really was inevitable.

Inevitable? Because he had a history of drug use for 5 years his death was inevitable? :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Inevitable? Because he had a history of drug use for 5 years his death was inevitable? :sleep:

No, inevitable that he would continue using drugs. I don't like Peaches Geldof at all but it's unfair to say to make a link between her and his drug use. His death could have been avoided, of course it could.

EDIT-

There is also a profound difference between drug use and drug addiction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not at all, a very high percentage of young people between 13-18 will use drugs (half will use cannabis, many use cocaine or pills) and most of them don't continue using into their adult life do they?

He was injecting for the first time - allegedly funded by her money (it is the Daily Heil). The story suggest the kid wouldn't have injected without the money, so if it's true then she should probably be questioned about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've used coke weekly for best part of 15 years...there is no inevitability. It can happen and sometimes it does, but its not a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve™ wrote: »
    I've used coke weekly for best part of 15 years...there is no inevitability. It can happen and sometimes it does, but its not a foregone conclusion.

If you read the edit- I said that he was an addict, not just a casual user. He self identified as a drug addict.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And yet people blame Pete Doherty for everything bad that happens around him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And yet people blame Pete Doherty for everything bad that happens around him.

I don't think it's fair to blame Pete either.
    His whole mythology comes from his drug use but he has never advocated his fans copy him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you read the edit- I said that he was an addict, not just a casual user. He self identified as a drug addict.

Yes quite right....just read it.
    I don't think it's fair to blame Pete either.
    His whole mythology comes from his drug use but he has never advocated his fans copy him.

Pete doesnt talk about his drug use...the media does. Its not his fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes quite right....just read it.

Pete doesnt talk about his drug use...the media does. Its not his fault.

Which is the point I'm trying to make- Pete doesn't mention his drug use but the media have made it his main selling point, negating his music etc.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^ This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is the point I'm trying to make- Pete doesn't mention his drug use but the media have made it his main selling point, negating his music etc.

...were in agreement then:D
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Reciting Shakespere sonnets at 13 months. oh please! The whole implication of the article is that it's especially dreadful when a middle class boy dies of drugs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, inevitable that he would continue using drugs. I don't like Peaches Geldof at all but it's unfair to say to make a link between her and his drug use. His death could have been avoided, of course it could.

EDIT-

There is also a profound difference between drug use and drug addiction.

Injecting heroin is a million miles away from cannabis adiction though. The guy used coke sometimes and smoked alot of weed.
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although Miss Geldof can be seen as being culpable, unless she was taking the syringe and injecting heroin into him then she cannot be blamed for his actions. As other posters have hinted at, his family life, his own depression are reasons for someone to want to turn to drugs. To turn to something like heroin when we all are aware of it's dangers is very odd decision, perhaps it was a hope that harming himself would gain attention since his parents were far too busy squabbling and getting a divorce. Suicide, maybe. Foolish, definitely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True, but on the other hand what on earth was Peaches Geldof doing giving a teenage boy money to buy drugs?
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but on the other hand what on earth was Peaches Geldof doing giving a teenage boy money to buy drugs?

Peaches probably thinks she's some really important, cool person, someone that would give money to kids to buy drugs.

Cool, like. :cool:

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you have used coke weekly for 15 years, but your not addicted.

Slight contradiction there I think.

It's kind of like people I know that say weed is not addictive but smoke it every single day and are like a bear with a soar arse if they can't score any.