Options

Late Show with David Letterman (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Irish Mark wrote: »
    Electric Sofa's channels were supposed to be starting last month but have been delayed to January. Aparently theyve secured some funding/support from ITV. I'm still sceptical.

Incorrect - this is the actual C21 story...

Electric Sofa, ITN partner for new shows

New UK entertainment broadcaster Electric Sofa is partnering with ITN Productions for its first original commissions, ahead of the planned launch of its channels on the BSkyB satellite platform next year.

Electric Sofa was originally set to launch three networks on BSkyB on November 1, as revealed by C21 in July, but the launch date was pushed back to early next year after co-MD Andrew Burns went through a period of ill health.

Burns, formerly chief operating officer at recently defunct UK satcaster Film24, has recovered and today told C21 that the company has closed a long-term content partnership with ITN, an ITV-backed production company.

The open-ended deal will see ITN creating content for Electric Sofa's channels, which include exclusively British-produced or -funded feature film net FilmGB, and as-yet undisclosed general entertainment and 16-34 skewed movie channels.

ITN Productions chief creative officer Steve Carsey said that his prodco would produce "daily and weekly content, largely in the areas of showbiz and celebrity but also exploring and celebrating other aspects of popular culture, from Silicon Valley to Hollywood."

This includes weekly movie and video game review shows and a showbiz news programme presented by Kate McIntyre (Big Bang, DIY SOS). Electric Sofa's other co-MD Ursula Adeane said the deal was "the start of what we are sure will turn into a long term and innovative relationship."

Jesse Whittock
    29 Oct 2010
    © C21 Media 2010

Links & Related articles
    AOL closes pact with ITN Productions - 22/07/2010
    UK execs create film net venture - 07/07/2010
    ITN Productions calls up mobile chief - 12/05/2010
    ITN wins BBC2 daytime commission - 07/05/2010
    ITN begins spring with September hire - 29/04/2010
    ITN hires former Sky exec for factual role - 25/03/2010
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    The goss I heard was that it's Letterman and Scott Ferguson, but I stress goss
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eddy121 wrote: »
    The goss I heard was that it's Letterman and Scott Ferguson, but I stress goss
    If it's Letterman and Craig Ferguson that would be perfect.

Where did you hear this from?
  • Options
    stevehotspurstevehotspur Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS

Mo 11/1: Robert Downey Jr., Elvis Costello
    Tu 11/2: David Duchovny, Amy Sedaris (R 10/15/10)
    We 11/3: Tina Fey, Brad Paisley
    Th 11/4: Steve Martin, Emily Deschanel
    Fr 11/5: Tracy Morgan, Mike E. Winfield, the Secret Sisters

Mo 11/8: Harrison Ford, Cee-Lo Green
    Tu 11/9: Denzel Washington, Bon Jovi
    We 11/10: Russell Crowe
    Th 11/11: Cher, Bruno Mars
    Fr 11/12: Kelly Ripa, Greg Fitzsimmons, Reba McEntire
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The official ‘Conan’ website have announced that full episodes will be available on their website the morning after their broadcast. However as you would have probably guessed they have also announced that this service will only be available within the US. However they will be uploading lots of clips from the show and these will be available internationally.

They already have some ‘international’ deals in place and more are in the work, although I have doubts we’ll ever see it on actual television here in the UK but I live in hope.

But I’m really excited to have Conan back on the air, even if I can’t actually watch it on my TV! The first show is Monday at 11pm on TBS. The website is well worth a look too if you haven’t already – www.teamcoco.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two posts in a row from me, sorry!

For those of you who haven’t already seen it the full Jay Leno episode of Oprah where he discusses the Tonight show controversy is on Diva next Tuesday (the 9th) at 12:00 and 16:00.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo 11/8: Harrison Ford, Cee-Lo Green
    Tu 11/9: Denzel Washington, Bon Jovi
    We 11/10: Russell Crowe, Quincy Jones, Snoop Dogg
    Th 11/11: Cher, Bruno Mars
    Fr 11/12: Kelly Ripa, Greg Fitzsimmons, Reba McEntire

Mo 11/15: Emma Watson, Scott Caan, Rascal Flatts
    Tu 11/16: Jay-Z, Jamie Oliver, Rihanna
    We 11/17: Jake Gyllenhaal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Tuesday's show was a rerun?

It seems a bit odd they had a rerun in the middle of the week?
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may have had something to do with the US Mid-term Elections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    I think it may have had something to do with the US Mid-term Elections.
    Ah yes, good point, thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Tuesdays late night shows were re runs, Leno was pre empted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conan has been picked up by 3e in Ireland (only available in Ireland). It will be shown on a one week delay at midnight Monday-Thursday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think once the initial hype dies down Conan will struggle. The traditional talkshow is a dying breed, moving to the rather obscure TBS he really had the opportunity to try out something different but from the looks of it he's going to be offering up more of the same.

Monolouge, sketch, guest1,guest2, music, goodbye.

Some still do it better than other of course but now it's such an over-crowded market, Americans finaly seem to be tiring of this bland formula. It's time for fresh blood and I think maybe now the US should start looking to us for ideas on how to do a talkshow.
  • Options
    TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anderson Cooper of CNN is starting his own talk show next year, but he says that he wants to make it a different type of talk show!!! I hope we get to see that!!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conan has been picked up by 3e in Ireland (only available in Ireland). It will be shown on a one week delay at midnight Monday-Thursday.

Damn, so close yet so far. Still no sign of Conan here in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member

A terrible time to show it, what's the point in waiting a week then putting it on at midnight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    eddy121 wrote: »
    Incorrect - this is the actual C21 story...

I stand corrected, still gives some hope that these channels will be halfway decent, and that a US chatshow isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A terrible time to show it, what's the point in waiting a week then putting it on at midnight?
    At least they get it at a constant time, unlike when Letterman used to be on ITV2/4/etc when it used to be on at 12am one night, 1am the next night, then 3.30am the next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand corrected, still gives some hope that these channels will be halfway decent, and that a US chatshow isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
    If you check their official Facebook page the confirmation I got from one of their official staff members is on there, and it states they definitely have one US late night talk show - hopefully two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting article on Bill ‘The Late Shift’ Carter’s new book – The War for Late Night which is out today. Some good insights into Letterman, Leno and Conan, must order myself a copy…

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/conan-leno-juiciest-quotes-war-late-night/story?id=12083560&page=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you check their official Facebook page the confirmation I got from one of their official staff members is on there, and it states they definitely have one US late night talk show - hopefully two.

I’m really hoping its Conan, apparently the production company have been pushing very hard for international sales recently. I’d imagine it would be cheaper than Letterman and Leno, but what do I know!

Failing that i'd love Letterman back on the TV screen instead of the PC.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A terrible time to show it, what's the point in waiting
    a week then putting it on at midnight?
    Could be worse ... like the 2-3 week delay for Letterman's show on DivaTV, or as already mentioned,
    putting it on at stupid o'clock in the early hours of the morning when no-one is likely to be watching
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Failing that i'd love Letterman back on the TV screen instead of the PC.
    I already watch recent Late Show episodes on my TV screen instead on the PC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    I already watch recent Late Show episodes on my TV screen instead on the PC.
    Ah yes, me too - the wonders of my DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter cable from my laptop to the TV. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, me too - the wonders of my DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter cable from my laptop to the TV. :)

Yes, ok. :p
    I could do that too, i'm just lazy and can't be bothered. :D