Options

If I were Sunshine I'd have been gutted aswell

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Kablamo wrote: »
    Why don't you try and put yourself in her shoes as somebody who has to share a house with somebody for the Summer when you've just met and knowing, with clear signs, as others have clearly told you, that they may be picking on her intentionally.

Maybe, 3 hours of crying and moaning is hard but she has every right to find a conclusion especially when she has to share a house with them. Your view that she has to have a thick skin and keep a stiff upper lip about it doesn't correlate with the events as she was picked singularly when some thought she was the mole and others didn't even believe it was Mario. Being picked when others knew who they were picking is worse too.

You may have picked her as your Summer's worst housemate right now but that doesn't mean you can't weigh up all the evidence equally to consider a more valued and reasoned view of events other than something reductive as she's just a cry baby.

voice of reason, again
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good egg wrote: »
    It was an onslaught of votes and laughter, very cruel fron HM that had known her for very little time.
    She was extremely hurt and I don't blame her one little bit.

It was still coincidence, it was funny that they all (bar Govan, and perhaps another but we can't be sure) randomly chose her as being least likely to be the mole.

It wasn't a personal attack in the way that she made out.

It was attention seeking and self-pity and I didn't like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romus wrote: »
    Sunshine does seem to lack social awareness, and comes across as a tad immature.

However, I think in the ensuing months, her lacks will seem a trifle insignificant as the flaws in the others begin to reveal themselves (Govan for example).

Well I don't know about insignificant, but I agree the flaws in the others are waiting to be revealed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She wasn't "picked by everyone" in a sort of group discussion and decision to go for her.

Most of her votes were people choosing the least likely person and all of them thinking Sunshine individually.

Collectively it looks like a witch-hunt, but if she used her brain and intuition, which she was full of when trying to out Mario as the Mole not long before, she'd have realised that a few people choosing her was just coincidence. It wasn't a gang attack on her, she was standing there as they all put their own individual vote down on the card

Govan admitted to thinking it was her, and apologised for it. She didn't seem to want that, she wanted the attention and the excuse to cry so just ignored his apology almost completely.

Dave rubbed out his name and put Sunshine, cause he saw someone elses, I saw them looking at each others cards and smiling knowingly, it was a gang up no doubt about it.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trawets09 wrote: »
    That would be HORRIBLE to see your name on almost everyones boards :eek:

Yes, not nice. However, the housemates try to dress it up she knows and they know that it was a popularity vote and she just came bottom. So she has a choice. She can cry and play the poor victim ands guarantee she's first out or she can fight back. By fighting back I mean that she can try and change opinion. To do that she needs to think about where she has gone wrong and try and change it. If I were her I'd apologise for being a total a*rse about the mole thing, keep my head down for a few days, stop talking about myself and take a very passive role in tasks and shopping lists for a while.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was still coincidence, it was funny that they all (bar Govan, and perhaps another but we can't be sure) randomly chose her as being least likely to be the mole.

It wasn't a personal attack in the way that she made out.

It was attention seeking and self-pity and I didn't like it.

I did not see it from that perspective rivercity_rules. Its interesting how our views on the same situation differ and perhaps this is what happens in the house too on a more concentrated level. I saw how upset she was and that was enough for me. G's constand biaching is enough to make anyone sick. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Romus wrote: »
    I think you can accept that most of them are very thick. We haven't had any indications of their IQ status - but I feel it will be pretty low (as usual) - in other words well under the 100 UK average. :eek:

Govan is a stoat.:cool:

and a weasle:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No because it was just bad luck that 9 chose her name when they were picking different names.

It could have happened to anyone, a couple of the 9 did choose her on purpose and of those, Govan apologised, but she didn't seem to even ask the others that she didn't know their reasons for choosing her.

6 or 7 of them though just happened to choose her, it wasn't a conspiracy against her, but she couldn't accept that. It was like she'd rather it had been all against her.

They all agreed to choose differently, and those 6 or 7 who chose Sunshine WERE trying to choose someone different and unlikely to be the mole, but since there was no conferring, they had no way of knowing if anyone else had voted for Sunshine, again it was just bad luck on her part, but she seemed unwilling to accept this.

It wasn't bad luck, to be so careless that a housemate could be evicted is just thick.

However it was just mean, they were all breathing down each others neck, it pretty lame to think they didn't realise what was going on those cards :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well put it this way then...
    if sunshine was correct and sussed out some kind of gang up on her
    do you think she made friends and influenced people by the full on strop she had later?

i still dont think they were consciously or unconsciously trying to get her out but keep mario in.

i think she was just bringing too much attention to herself at a really dumb time to do so.

im at a party..."Al" is running around being a knob and causing a fuss. Someone comes out and says "who split all the beer in the kitchen?" im going to point at the loudest noisiest mouthiest person because they call attention to themselves.

if Dave was doing his moley moley mole thing over and over again before the vote....i bet ya Dave's name would have been on the list.

these people are not rocket scientists...they go with the obvious choice. im surprised they didnt vote out mario by accident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was still a random amount, and it could have been anyone.

I would have expected her to be smart enough to realise that, or she was smart enough to realise that and milked it for all it's worth. Either way, I don't like her.

:eek::eek::eek: you don't say????:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cookie_365cookie_365 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it wasn't a co-incidence! I can't believe how many people are stupid enough to actually think that.

They had a choice of 13. The chances of just 4 of them picking the same name at random is less than 1 in 2000. For 9 to do so, we're talking winning-the-lottery odds.

They specifically as a group targeted her.

If they genuinely didn't want anyone to get evicted they would have picked random names. The only people who did that were Rachael and Sunshine, plus probably one or two who possibly genuinely picked Sunshine at random.

The clear message that they sent said 'We don't know if you're the mole and are going to get evicted, but let's have a go.'

I'd be upset :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    The thing is she did not want Mario to go although she knew he was the mole that was the whole point of the exercise. If they had all written Mario's name on their cards then he would have been evicted. Many of them knew he was the Mole however did not want him evicted. Therefore the wrote Sunshine of their cards some because they thought she really was the mole and others because they did not want to write Mario. ;)
    you missed the point I was making
    I was just answering someone, who said she was on Mario's back, I was saying she was being kind, to not vote him, when it mattered ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i dont get why this gutted her...i understand that she made the connection that everyone thought she was the mole (they didnt). She was in the party when the real mole was tossing the food around.
    They all knew that...the only one who wasnt was in an vent someplace.

sunshine is foolish acting gutted because...in the long run that will do her far more harm.
    she was in no danger...
    they probably voted for her because they felt she was the most unlikeliest candidate

they voted her because they didn't want to offend anyone by writing another HM name, however they felt nothing of hurting Sunshines feelings. They didn't mind risking outing her as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't bad luck, to be so careless that a housemate would be evicted is just thick.

However it was just mean, they were all breathing down each others neck, it pretty lame to think they didn't realise what was going on those cards :mad:

It was bad luck, and the majority are thick.

They agreed to not evict anyone and pick who they individually thought wouldn't be the mole. After all her protesting about Mario being a mole and ruining the pizza, is it really a surprise that many of their first thoughts were that Sunshine was least likely to be the mole?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they voted her because they didn't want to offend anyone by writing another HM name, however they felt nothing of hurting Sunshines feelings. They didn't mind risking outing her as well.
    i'm pretty sure they didn't think it was her...a couple may have thought it...but no i dont think it was a forgone conclusion. They all knew it was mario and that is why only a couple actually voted for him (did mario have any histronics over those two votes?).

The moment they found out that the mole would be evicted...they deliberately chose names (with one or two exceptions) that were not likely to be the mole.

During the vote when she was getting all flustered...someone (i think it was shabby) even said...we know it isnt you.

personally i wonder why mario's name was on at least two of the cards *when i believe in my heart most were convinced he was the mole.
    has he made some enemies in there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was bad luck, and the majority are thick.

They agreed to not evict anyone and pick who they individually thought wouldn't be the mole. After all her protesting about Mario being a mole and ruining the pizza, is it really a surprise that many of their first thoughts were that Sunshine was least likely to be the mole?

No, it could've been assumed that Sunshine was pinning it on Mario, as he is the obvious choice, so she was reinforcing that. A bluff on her part.

As you don't like Sunshine you'e obviously more inclined to not see how the actions by the other HMs have revealed how snake like and what bullies they are.
  • Options
    SheelaghSheelagh Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet when told that the mole could be voted out she didn't vote for him as others did for her when they thought her to be the mole.
    She really likes Marco but just (kind of immaturely) wanted everyone to know how intelligent she was to work out that he was the mole. Attention seeking perhaps but not nasty. WAs quite nasty for anyone to think that she was the mole and yet vote for her. I mean if they got it wrong no-one was going so why bother?

People also thought Mario was the mole and voted for him, knowing he could be evicted, but he didn't spend over 3 hours having hysterics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm pretty sure they didn't think it was her...a couple may have thought it...but no i dont think it was a forgone conclusion. They all knew it was mario and that is why only a couple actually voted for him (did mario have any histronics over those two votes?).

The moment they found out that the mole would be evicted...they deliberately chose names (with one or two exceptions) that were not likely to be the mole.

During the vote when she was getting all flustered...someone (i think it was shabby) even said...we know it isnt you.

personally i wonder why mario's name was on at least two of the cards *when i believe in my heart most were convinced he was the mole.
    has he made some enemies in there?

well he didn't have histrionics but he did state clearly 'thanks very much' sarcastically, which he didn't need to say.
    He obviously felt snubbed!
    It doesn't matter if some didn't think she was the mole, it's the fact they didn't care about naming her on mass, they were far less bothered about her feelings than anyone else.
    That's got to hurt big time,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel sorry for her she thought it was Mario and voted for Mario so she was doing to Mario what she thinks everyone was doing to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry for her she thought it was Mario and voted for Mario so she was doing to Mario what she thinks everyone was doing to her.

errr...she voted for Ben:confused:
  • Options
    SwoonSwoon Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it really matters whether any of them actually thought that Sunshine was the real mole or not so I'm not sure why everyone is so concentrated on that. First and foremost, writing Sunshine's name down was a free opportunity to target her and show her in her face as a group that we don't like you and you better know it, what with those little giggles they shared. :rolleyes:
    whip wrote: »
    She did not vote for Mario. She voted for Ben because she knew Mario was the mole and she didn't want him out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    well he didn't have histrionics but he did state clearly 'thanks very much' sarcastically, which he didn't need to say.
    He obviously felt snubbed!
    It doesn't matter if some didn't think she was the mole, it's the fact they didn't care about naming her on mass, they were far less bothered about her feelings than anyone else.
    That's got to hurt big time,

Why cant people understand that:confused: No-one not even Sunshine was 100% sure who the mole was, yet they all put her name and thought it was funny, the suggestion was for them all to put a different name, so why did a majority put the same name knowing there was a 1 in 13 chance she could have been the mole..................It was pure nastiness IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it could've been assumed that would Sunshine was pinning it on Mario, as he is the obvious choice, so she was reinforcing that. A bluff on her part.

As you don't like Sunshine you'e obviously more inclined to not see how the actions by the other HMs have revealed how snake like and what bullies they are.

But she was in the room the whole time the party was going on, you don't think the housemates are so stupid to think she has the ability to be in 2 places at one time? She was being asked by not just Mario, but the others as well, to let it rest and yet she persisted, on and on that it was Mario and he was up to something blah blah blah and it was plain nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jak14 wrote: »
    Why cant people understand that:confused: No-one not even Sunshine was 100% sure who the mole was, yet they all put her name and thought it was funny, the suggestion was for them all to put a different name, so why did a majority put the same name knowing there was a 1 in 13 chance she could have been the mole..................It was pure nastiness IMO

Well firstly, Mario was sure who the mole was but thats not the point.

They all put A name down, it just so happened that the majority chose Sunshine. As I said this was a combination of people wanting her gone, govan. and people genuinely thinking she was least likely to be the mole, but at the same time NOT knowing what others had put (except Dave whose logic makes no sense whatsoever)

They all tried to put a different name and through sheer coincidence 6 or 7 of them put the same one, possibly down to her so loudly proclaiming Mario was the mole.

You seem to suggest that they all knew what each other were putting and so it was a silent plan, that stretched right up the line, without Sunshine knowing, all in an attempt to get rid of her.

We've only watched them for a few days, but I'm pretty sure none of them have that psychic ability, to silently influence people who aren't even looking at them.

Ben tried to explain this to her but she dismissed it, it seemed like she'd rather think everyone hated her, than accept it was just cruelly unlucky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i didnt think the original idea was to gang up on sunshine but after watching
    govan whinge about her for the past ten mins or so... i would say.. sunshine watch your back...cuz.... Grace is back lol