Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    if she can do her own really iconic pose for him like his work with Madonna (just sublime artwork for the Confessions era!) he can do epic stuff with gaga tbh...he did Alejandro video with her too didnt he? as well as the current ads too for Fame!

Will link together nicely i reckon.

Yup. They seem chummy.

When fans asked her sound engineer if he knew what the album cover looked like, he replied "yes"...so it may have already been shot, which implies Klein considering they've been working together this year. Could be Nick Knight, though.

Judging by her repeated hints, I think the cover will have something to do with diamond tiaras and/or white roses. She's been posting a lot of personal shots and self pictures too, which could bring a non-professional image for the cover. Furthermore, she was musing about the difference in reality between a professional photographer and a personal candid too, so who knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. They seem chummy.

When fans asked her sound engineer if he knew what the album cover looked like, he replied "yes"...so it may have already been shot, which implies Klein considering they've been working together this year. Could be Nick Knight, though.

Judging by her repeated hints, I think the cover will have something to do with diamond tiaras and/or white roses. She's been posting a lot of personal shots and self pictures too, which could bring a non-professional image for the cover. Furthermore, she was musing about the difference in reality between a professional photographer and a personal candid too, so who knows.

for all we know the posts she has done of her self pics could indeed be the album booklet :eek:

But tbh i would love if Klein perhaps did the artwork and they did something insane with it tbh...as well we will have a taster of it all when the single is out there...but tbh like BTW the single cover may look nothin like the album shot cover :D
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to new material from GaGa. She isn't one of my favourite artists by a clear mile but I thought 'Bad Romance' and 'Judas' were fantastic and I found 'Born This Way' an interesting listen though most of it was just not for me.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to do something similar to 'The Fame' or it will be a disaster. 'BTW' was a complete flop compared to 'The Fame'

We can argue until the cows go home and I rarely stick up for Gaga but BTW wasn't a flop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for this. After BTW I was slightly disappointes because I didn't want her to abandon her analysis of pop culture in her music and thought she might so reading about this album is making me very happy! People keep moaning about her being pretentious but she always has been and she's delivered some killer pop records as well so as long as the material is good and the imagery is exciting I will be satisfied. I'm going to her concert in 5 weeks so I hope she sings something new, I want new material by the end of the year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it will be interesting to hear what aspects of BTW album she will incorporate into ARTPOP too...i mean i felt BTW had incorporated elements of Dance In The Dark into BTW really going for broke on the darkness, synths etc across the record....so with ARTPOP i hope there are elements of Schiesse and Heavy Metal Lover and Hooker perhaps...just total madness all round.
    Forum Member
    Well, Heavy Metal Lover was recorded about a month before BTW was released...so sonically that is her most recent song (excl. Princess Die). Plus it's a DJWS production, and he seems to be this albums primary producer.

If I was to hazard a guess at the direction of ARTPOP, I'd definitely say Heavy Metal Lover/Scheisse/Government Hooker on acid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am curious to see what producers she is gonna work with. I want her to get away from RedOne for an album or two. I think she should hook up with Demolition Crew (AKA, Nelly furtado's husband) They do dark productions on songs.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I like the title. I think it sounds quite fun and, after Born This Way - which was far from fun - that will be quite welcome.

With Born This Way I literally had to force myself to listen repeatedly in order to appreciate it. It was a bit of a struggle getting into it and even now there are some songs on it I am forced to skip because I really can't be arsed investing any more of my time *trying* to like them. (Step up Scheisse, Hair, etc.)

On the other hand, The Fame was a joy to listen to. It was easy to "get". That doesn't mean it was devoid of any credibility, creativity or artistry. It was simple but GREAT pop music.

That's what I hope the next album is like. Not the same sound as The Fame, or Born This Way, something simple, fun and amazing.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I have made a decision to avoid the hype as that is what killed Born This Way for me. So I am not buying into the ''this will be like The Fame'' days just yet. This is also the reason I voiced concerns about revealing too much info, too early on.
    Forum Member
    DJ White Shadow, ZEDD, Fernando Garibay, RedOne and herself is all we know so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Heavy Metal Lover was recorded about a month before BTW was released...so sonically that is her most recent song (excl. Princess Die). Plus it's a DJWS production, and he seems to be this albums primary producer.

If I was to hazard a guess at the direction of ARTPOP, I'd definitely say Heavy Metal Lover/Scheisse/Government Hooker on acid.

ill be there for that! :cool::D

what has this ZEDD done, very intriguing!

As for Demo Crew it would be an idea...Im Addicted and gang bang are EPIC on MDNA! and working on Nellys (ofc.) The Spirit Indestructible...could be a definite idea...ALternative styles, intense Dub...hmmmm.
    Forum Member
    ill be there for that! :cool::D

what has this ZEDD done, very intriguing!

As for Demo Crew it would be an idea...Im Addicted and gang bang are EPIC on MDNA! and working on Nellys (ofc.) The Spirit Indestructible...could be a definite idea...ALternative styles, intense Dub...hmmmm.

ZEDD is very EDM and new to the pop scene, I can only think of his Justin Bieber (!), but his stuff is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQrYWfu5hY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqWsnXKCos&feature=relmfu

...and he did this remix of MTN for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90Fb3VuAiA

I have faith, Gaga really seems to bring out the best in her producers. Fernando/DJWS/RedOne pre (and outwith) Gaga are largely nothing special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newplanet wrote: »
    I like the title. I think it sounds quite fun and, after Born This Way - which was far from fun - that will be quite welcome.

I know what you mean. BTW was an album that took it's self too seriously. Too too seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean. BTW was an album that took it's self too seriously. Too too seriously.

I don't really get it when people say that, because how the hell can an album that has songs called Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) possibly take itself too seriously?! :p If you really sit down and listen to the lyrics, it certainly doesn't do that. That's one of the things that I like about Gaga, she's incredibly self-aware and has always had a twinkle in her eye when it comes to her work. I think that's what everyone liked about her originally and a lot of poeple missed from Alejandro onwards, as it never really showed in the visuals, but I would say it's definitely there in the music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    We can argue until the cows go home and I rarely stick up for Gaga but BTW wasn't a flop.

Not a flop but if you put it next to 'The Fame', it flopped, because 'The Fame' was so successful. 'BTW' didn't produce any 'classic' songs like 'The Fame'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a flop but if you put it next to 'The Fame', it flopped, because 'The Fame' was so successful. 'BTW' didn't produce any 'classic' songs like 'The Fame'

Albums only flop if they prove to be a financial loss for the company like how a film is at the box office. Lady Gaga was never gonna hit the sales she did with The Fame

Does it matter if an album doesn't produce any classic songs?

People really did have too much set high for her, i believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZEDD is very EDM and new to the pop scene, I can only think of his Justin Bieber (!), but his stuff is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQrYWfu5hY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqWsnXKCos&feature=relmfu

...and he did this remix of MTN for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90Fb3VuAiA

I have faith, Gaga really seems to bring out the best in her producers. Fernando/DJWS/RedOne pre (and outwith) Gaga are largely nothing special.

KNEW it from somewhere, of course that Marry The Night is on the deluxe :D

hmmm not sure how it will sound or work but i reckon if it is Progressive House meets Dub would be something pretty slick.

Dont like the DS article too much really, just due to personal preferences of course...but to me when they say Monster is the best i geniunely feel that aint the case as for me i only ever play 3 songs on it as the other 5 havent lasted too well with time whereas Born This Way (yeah maybe if 10 songs long would have been perfect tbh but still...) i feel has some corkers in there that never reached potential.

And also i dont want too much Redone either...unless its like Schiesse :D
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »

No thought was really put into it by putting Art pop on an existing picture plus it's slightly similar to The Fame front cover
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    http://lolaciccone.tumblr.com/post/28916569542

Gaga uploaded this to her Instagram account. If they're lyrics, I quite like them. I think one of the problems with Born This Way was that the lyrics weren't as streamlined as they could have been, and sometimes you can barely tell what she's saying, but these seem to be a bit more focused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    http://lolaciccone.tumblr.com/post/28916569542

Gaga uploaded this to her Instagram account. If they're lyrics, I quite like them. I think one of the problems with Born This Way was that the lyrics weren't as streamlined as they could have been, and sometimes you can barely tell what she's saying, but these seem to be a bit more focused.

WOW, these lyrics are really interesting! For anyone who didn't see, on the picture she posted to reveal ARTPOP she also commented saying "we could, we could belong together. ARTPOP."
    http://littlemonsters.com/image/501bc0c6ac460cc8360008e2

I'm so intrigued and excited for some new GaGa! :Di
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga will never again have the cultural impact of her debut. A volcano can only erupt for so long. She needs to either get away from dance music or make pretty much the best dance album ever.
  • LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    *facepalms* I can't even
  • Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Gaga will never again have the cultural impact of her debut. A volcano can only erupt for so long. She needs to either get away from dance music or make pretty much the best dance album ever.

Completely agree. Also everyone is doing dance and dub step right now. Gaga should have given that sound a wide birth.

What she should have done is release an album where it was just her and a piano. She needs to do that sooner rather than later or else no one will care about her by the time that album does come.

I think the problem with Lady Gaga now is that all of these crazy stunts can only go so far before you get bored. Last night there was a programme on the TV and a 15 year old girl said that everyone loved Lady Gaga in the days of Pokerface but now they think she is a freak. This is what happens when you decide to become a man to promote your latest single.